LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Love this addition. As a K-State alum, I wanted him in the draft. He started college as a QB at Oregon, wanted to be closer to home (Wichita) and not make a position switch (to WR) so he transferred to KSU. I was really looking forward to him as part of the Cats option offense, but Bill Snyder saw a big, physical guy who can do some damage after the catch. He will have no problem sticking his nose in and mixing it up with the bigger Seattle DBs. He doesn't have blazing speed (4.5) but he's quick, physical and can make the difficult catch.

He really wasn't into the position switch which began at Oregon and continued at KSU, but once Snyder convinced him it was in his best interest he quickly became a full time starter and made the transition fairly seamlessly. His stats won't blow you away, but KSU is a run heavy team that runs a lot of spread option QB stuff... Collin Klein was a Heisman finalist because he could run... his throwing left a little to be desired. I'm curious how Harper could have done in an offense that threw more, and threw more effectively.

It's always good to have K-Staters on the roster!!
Originally posted by Pick6:
Love this addition. As a K-State alum, I wanted him in the draft. He started college as a QB at Oregon, wanted to be closer to home (Wichita) and not make a position switch (to WR) so he transferred to KSU. I was really looking forward to him as part of the Cats option offense, but Bill Snyder saw a big, physical guy who can do some damage after the catch. He will have no problem sticking his nose in and mixing it up with the bigger Seattle DBs. He doesn't have blazing speed (4.5) but he's quick, physical and can make the difficult catch.

He really wasn't into the position switch which began at Oregon and continued at KSU, but once Snyder convinced him it was in his best interest he quickly became a full time starter and made the transition fairly seamlessly. His stats won't blow you away, but KSU is a run heavy team that runs a lot of spread option QB stuff... Collin Klein was a Heisman finalist because he could run... his throwing left a little to be desired. I'm curious how Harper could have done in an offense that threw more, and threw more effectively.

It's always good to have K-Staters on the roster!!

I hope you are right because our roster spots are at a premium these days
Please be official. I'm all for waving my finger at Seattle fans...
Originally posted by spizzy:

Beefy.
What a sneaky ass league this is lol. Everyone scrambling to pick up a playbook spy.
maybe he can hurt his toe in the first practice and then right to IR for next year
During the draft we talked about him possibly being a DW replacement. I don't know if he has the size to be TE, but he has the physicality in run blocking. He's good depth and will be a quality WR with some coaching.
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Sep 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM ]
Danny 710ESPNSeattle ‏@BrocknDanny1m
To confirm: WR Chris Harper signed with #Seahawks practice squad, then signed to #49ers 53-man roster. He's with SF now.
I liked Harper in last year's draft. He has a lot of upside and his physique and playing style makes Anquan Boldin the perfect teacher.

Played in a run-oriented offense which held down his stats. Ran the 40 around 4.5 secs. Not blazing fast, like Boldin.

Here is a clip of his college highlights:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1513190-chris-harper-nfl-draft-2013-pro-potential-projections

Hope it works out.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
change him to tight end

meh not expecting a lot from him, 4th rounder that got cut. But I do hope he puts in the work with Boldin mentoring him. Imagine if Baldwin, Patton, and Harper all reach their max potential
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mebemused:
I liked Harper in last year's draft. He has a lot of upside and his physique and playing style makes Anquan Boldin the perfect teacher.

Played in a run-oriented offense which held down his stats. Ran the 40 around 4.5 secs. Not blazing fast, like Boldin.

Here is a clip of his college highlights:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1513190-chris-harper-nfl-draft-2013-pro-potential-projections

Hope it works out.

How can they compare Harper to a guy who is 20 pounds lighter than him? Harper has a completely different type of game than Williams......

Originally posted by susweel:
change him to tight end

They will. He'll be D. Walker 2.0 and M. Gray 1.1 -- he is the FO's attempt to correct the mistake of attempting to sneak Marqueis Gray to the PS, they should've just kept Gray and not signed Ventrone or cut Stupar.....
Originally posted by susweel:
change him to tight end

just read a tweet from a seattle beat writer than the niners view him as a delanie walker type of player in their system
  • buck
  • Veteran
Any news on who gets or got cut?
So we got another receiver that can mow down DB's. Sign me up!
Share 49ersWebzone