LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 183 users in the forums

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Shop 49ers game tickets
Would love to see the Seahawks pick him up and have to release B.J. Daniels in the process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Would love to see the Seahawks pick him up and have to release B.J. Daniels in the process.
an exchange of one loser for another
I'd like for this guy to stick around, especially since we lost Marquis Gray. It just doesn't look like he will be a contributor this season, which is fine by me. Come back in 2014 if the 49ers do indeed sign him to the practice squad, ready to be a meaningful addition to the team. I'm still waiting to see that three TE (with all three tight ends being true receiving threats) offense.
I think the team is waiting for him to clear waivers so they can sign him to the PS, and elevate Purcell to the 53 man roster. But if Harper doesn't clear waivers, then we'll keep Purcell on the PS and activate Dial to the 53 man roster.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by vermonator:
an exchange of one loser for another

we only had the space on the roster due to injuries, he got a look see.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Williamson ‏@BWilliamsonESPN

#49ers According to source WR Chris Harper claimed by #Packers
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Brian McIntyre ‏@brian_mcintyre

By claiming Chris Harper off waivers, Packers assume the $59k in guaranteed base salary that remain in his 3-yr contract
f**k the Packers. That is all.
Not surprising... He was probably one of their favorites (to an extent) in the draft process and gave him a couple week tryout to see if he was better than anything we already have... but me thinks our staff saw the same thing Seattle saw when they waived him in hopes of the PS, ie: no where near game ready.

Not surprising with injuries at WR, especially Cobb. Of course Harper's a very different receiver than Cobb. Packers are probably wanting to develop him as a SAK player so they can use double TE sets and copy the Niners.
Beyond the injuries, they have never been all that happy with their TE either.
Originally posted by always49ers:
Very clever to have released him yesterday when Seattle had a game. Normally they make roster moves on Saturday night. But this time they did it yesterday as Seattle had a game and might not be in a position to make a move. My guess.

Yeah I dun think so...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

By claiming Chris Harper off waivers, Packers assume the $59k in guaranteed base salary that remain in his 3-yr contract

maybe they'll release Tolzien so we can reclaim him....
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Jcool:

maybe they'll release Tolzien so we can reclaim him....
Share 49ersWebzone