Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Seattle is going to sign him again.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I really doubt it, they didn't want him on their active roster before. He could very well wind up on the 49ers practice squad if he passes through waivers.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I really doubt it, they didn't want him on their active roster before. He could very well wind up on the 49ers practice squad if he passes through waivers.

Oh, I thought I heard that they were trying to re-sign him before the Niners signed him. I agree, though he most likely then will end up on our practice squad.
Can Seattle put a claim back on him and put him on their practice squad?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:

I believe so.
Originally posted by 49ers808:

If they claim him he has to go on their 53 man roster like BJ Daniels.
Very clever to have released him yesterday when Seattle had a game. Normally they make roster moves on Saturday night. But this time they did it yesterday as Seattle had a game and might not be in a position to make a move. My guess.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by always49ers:
Very clever to have released him yesterday when Seattle had a game. Normally they make roster moves on Saturday night. But this time they did it yesterday as Seattle had a game and might not be in a position to make a move. My guess.
my guess is they did not concern themselves, nor should they have, with what seattle may do in the aftermath of us making this move. no one cares if they resign him. he was a non factor with them, a non factor with us.
^^^Nah, doesn't matter because every team has time to put in a waiver claim.

Waiver claims go in order from worst record to best record, but you have to roster the guy if you get him on waivers. Seattle can't do this because they still have players coming back that they need to make space for.

If he clears waivers he can sign on any practice squad that he wants.
Would love to see the Seahawks pick him up and have to release B.J. Daniels in the process.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
Would love to see the Seahawks pick him up and have to release B.J. Daniels in the process.
an exchange of one loser for another
I'd like for this guy to stick around, especially since we lost Marquis Gray. It just doesn't look like he will be a contributor this season, which is fine by me. Come back in 2014 if the 49ers do indeed sign him to the practice squad, ready to be a meaningful addition to the team. I'm still waiting to see that three TE (with all three tight ends being true receiving threats) offense.
I think the team is waiting for him to clear waivers so they can sign him to the PS, and elevate Purcell to the 53 man roster. But if Harper doesn't clear waivers, then we'll keep Purcell on the PS and activate Dial to the 53 man roster.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by vermonator:
an exchange of one loser for another

we only had the space on the roster due to injuries, he got a look see.