There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hard to be critical on Baalke but I don't understand their constant tweaking of their 53, especially after the loss of Cooper.

Its the last guys on the roster, i dont get why these moves are such big deals to you guys. We need NT help, we need to make room, Harper has PS eligibility. The staff determined that he was a guy we could do without, He hasnt played a game this year its not like he is helping us.

baalke is f**king up we need start looking for another gm
Camp fodder. Oh wait...
Don't worry the Seacawks will claim him back because their douchebags.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Hard to be critical on Baalke but I don't understand their constant tweaking of their 53, especially after the loss of Cooper.

they act like chicks picking out what shoes to wear to the dance.

They are trying too be too cute with their roster moves and it is biting them in the ass.

I think everybody and their MOMMA knew that we had to release somebody to create a roster spot for one of the players that was on the PUP list thats returning, or a greater need like the NT position. Sorry guys but this move was expected. Expect 3 or 4 more moves like this this week or the next few weeks. In Harbaalke we just need to relax and trust!
I don't get the angst over this. Players at the bottom of the roster are always vulnerable when moves need to be made to cover for short-term injuries.
Looks like we're preparing for the NT.

Purcells?

Dial?

FA?

Oh well. Chris Harper was an inactive and those spots are never a lock especially under the circumstances. He probably was getting cut when MM came back anyway. Hopefully he sbeaks through waivers.
[ Edited by eonblue on Oct 17, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
seahawks claim him and cut bj daniels, we claim him and cut mcblt
Looks to me like we need NT for this week...Dial I hope?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Its the last guys on the roster, i dont get why these moves are such big deals to you guys. We need NT help, we need to make room, Harper has PS eligibility. The staff determined that he was a guy we could do without, He hasnt played a game this year its not like he is helping us.
val,, did i really read lott right? He is complaining or does not understand todays move? as you said, we have a glaring need on the defensive line which is why this move was made. what is there to figure out or to b***h about? cooper was going to be gone at some point in time because for all of the blather that some people did about him helping us and giving us the hawks playbook he has not done s**t. some people on this board just act stupid i swear
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 30s Per NFL transaction report, #49ers have waived TE/WR Chris Harper, perhaps clearing way for addition of DL this week.

Richard Seymour

no. we do have the money for the millionth time,, it will be a guy from the practice squad, one of our rookies or maybe some cheap guy off the street,, we just need a body with dorsey probably not playing and ray banged up as well
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
not just referring to this move. Just look at what they did with the whole 3rd string QB situation.

who gives a s**t about a third string qb situation,, if you have not noticed by now,, no one is talking about that anymore
Originally posted by crabman82:
seahawks claim him and cut bj daniels, we claim him and cut mcblt

Minnesota claims McBLT and Skelton sits at home and cries.
Originally posted by cciowa:
who gives a s**t about a third string qb situation,, if you have not noticed by now,, no one is talking about that anymore

Yea. I dontbgwt why people are making a big deal out of a whole bunch of players who were contributing zero. Inactives are going to get cut first. Guys that dont translate into short term auccess are going to be the first to get cut.

Ballke is doing his job. Hes trying to create the strongest roster possible and Im sure he kows more about what the team need than we do. He knows more about who will stregthen the team than we do. Let him do his job.

Funny thing is we have seen 0 of Harper. He got cut be Seattle for a reason. Hes probably pretty far off. I hope he gets resigned but you do what you gotta do. The rest is history.
To the people complaining: who would you rather waive to create roster spots? I'd maybe say Moore but I think he'll be cut when Manningham is activated.