There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Hard to be critical on Baalke but I don't understand their constant tweaking of their 53, especially after the loss of Cooper.

Its the last guys on the roster, i dont get why these moves are such big deals to you guys. We need NT help, we need to make room, Harper has PS eligibility. The staff determined that he was a guy we could do without, He hasnt played a game this year its not like he is helping us.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Hard to be critical on Baalke but I don't understand their constant tweaking of their 53, especially after the loss of Cooper.

they act like chicks picking out what shoes to wear to the dance.

They are trying too be too cute with their roster moves and it is biting them in the ass.

You guys are nit picking. Injuries created a lack of depth at certain positions. Unless you place someone on season-ending I.R., the only way to clear a roster spot is to cut someone. Get used to the cuts because there are still 5 or 6 that need to be made to create space for everyone coming off PUP.
How is it being to cute with the roster moves when there trying to create space for players that they ether drafted or have been on the team longer? Were not signing anyone random it means the team is ready to activate one of the 4 players from the pup list. Personally though it would be moore gone not Harper but theres a possibiliy Harper goes to the ps because hes such an unknown.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
You guys are nit picking. Injuries created a lack of depth at certain positions. Unless you place someone on season-ending I.R., the only way to clear a roster spot is to cut someone. Get used to the cuts because there are still 5 or 6 that need to be made to create space for everyone coming off PUP.

Yep.
not just referring to this move. Just look at what they did with the whole 3rd string QB situation.
How long till Seattle signs him?
not just referring to this move. Just look at what they did with the whole 3rd string QB situation.

Its the 3rd QB, who cares? They havent liked the 3rd stringers that they have brought in. I like that they are always looking for ways to improve the roster
These insignificant moves are biting us in the ass? Lmao fans are so fickle. Thank god none of you work in the nfl.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Richard Seymour

LOL, no. Purcell is being brought up to the active roster.

Or Dial

Micheal Carter coming out of retirement

Bryant Young please!
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 30s Per NFL transaction report, #49ers have waived TE/WR Chris Harper, perhaps clearing way for addition of DL this week.

Not surprised. Hopefully we stash him on the PS. Looks like Dial and/or Purcell will be added to the 53-man roster.

seattle gonna get him back.

And releases BJ in order to do so.

And then we probably release Bethel-Thompson when BJ becomes available.

Then release BJ to sign skelton

Hilarious!!!!! And true...we should start a poll on what the next series of moves will be now.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
How long till Seattle signs him?
All joking aside, I think there is a strong chance he returns to Seattle. For starters, the drafted him, and fought hard to keep him on their practice squad after the Niners offered him a spot on their 53.

Second, the Seahawks waived WR Stephen Williams recently -- a standout preseason performer who likely contributed to Harper being cut in the first place. This could justify adding another WR to their roster.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Seattle picks him back up... perhaps even giving him a spot on their 53.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Oct 17, 2013 at 2:32 PM ]

Are you seriously not over the 3rd string QB moves?

Harbaugh & Baalke QB knowledge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ChazBoner QB Knowledge
Originally posted by theduke85:
All joking aside, I think there is a strong chance he returns to Seattle. For starters, the drafted him, and fought hard to keep him on their practice squad after the Niners offered him a spot on their 53.

Second, the Seahawks waived WR Stephen Williams recently -- a standout preseason performer who likely contributed to Harper being cut in the first place. This could justify adding another WR to their roster.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Seattle picks him back up... perhaps even giving him a spot on their 53.

I fully expect them too. Hopefully they just want him on the PS but he wants to stay on ours.
dang, was hoping we could groom him to be Walker/Boldin's successor...he is built like him and attacks the ball like him.

hopefully he clear waivers.

Damn Celek and his luck.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home