There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

I know this...if you switch him to a TE in madden...he's an 81 and fast as crap.

(sorry mods, I know this doens't go here...just seemed like a good light hearted response) :) Go niners.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
wtf is this dudes problem.
lol
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

do you mean Harper?

If so.....Harbaugh has been very candid that he is learning to be Delanie 2.0 -- meaning that he has to learn plays from the perspective of a TE, WR, and FB. If Baldwin, a former 1st rounder with 2 years of NFL experience, honestly needed until after week 3 to have a quality grasp of our offense than I'm pretty sure a rookie who is being converted from a WR will need a bit more time.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by Garcia:

do you mean Harper?

If so.....Harbaugh has been very candid that he is learning to be Delanie 2.0 -- meaning that he has to learn plays from the perspective of a TE, WR, and FB. If Baldwin, a former 1st rounder with 2 years of NFL experience, honestly needed until after week 3 to have a quality grasp of our offense than I'm pretty sure a rookie who is being converted from a WR will need a bit more time.

Exactly.
Originally posted by sfout:
do you mean Harper?

He'll take a good chunk of the season to digest the playbook....if we have command of the next Seattle matchup I could see him making an appearance - hopefully a nice snag in front of Pete's smug face on the sideline.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Command, does Harper get cut immediately after the SEA game. He can't give us much more information on the seahawks after that. That would be interesting.

If we won, yes. LOL. We'll try again in December.
... still surprised he isn't even mentioned as WR option at the moment? Yes I know the aim is to develop him into "Delanie", but we kind need some WR help at the moment (that's breaking news I know lol).
[ Edited by Milkman on Oct 3, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Milkman:
... still surprised he isn't even mentioned as WR option at the moment? Yes I know the aim is to develop him into "Delanie", but we kind need some WR help at the moment (that's breaking news I know lol).

I'm waiting for him to get the Owen Marecic treatment any day now.
Originally posted by Milkman:
It's mildly surprising when at the end of the Colts game we ran Bruce Miller and Brent Celek out there as 4th and 5th WR's at the very end of the game.

Then again, it's hard to justify having that many receivers on the roster when we play those type of formations so seldom.
Originally posted by theduke85:
It's mildly surprising when at the end of the Colts game we ran Bruce Miller and Brent Celek out there as 4th and 5th WR's at the very end of the game.

Then again, it's hard to justify having that many receivers on the roster when we play those type of formations so seldom.

yeah.. we play TE and FB at WR's and wonder why they cant get open.... I wish JH would spread it out more..
[ Edited by kazak13 on Oct 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM ]
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 30s Per NFL transaction report, #49ers have waived TE/WR Chris Harper, perhaps clearing way for addition of DL this week.
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 30s Per NFL transaction report, #49ers have waived TE/WR Chris Harper, perhaps clearing way for addition of DL this week.

Put him on the PS. Or was he already there?

Richard Seymour

Not surprised. Hopefully we stash him on the PS. Looks like Dial and/or Purcell will be added to the 53-man roster.