There are 156 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Chris made a smart choice coming here though. A guy that smart knows how to distinguish the real from the fake. He knew both in the short and long term he would fare better here
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 2, 2013 at 11:07 PM ]
harper was picked 5 picks before niners took patton..I wonder if they take harper if he and patton are both available for that niners pick

and if they projected harper as a tight end in their predraft evaluations.,,if so they probably take patton as they had already taken a tight end in McDonald

funny how things work...niners lose a tight end project when browns sign gray then pickup an arguably better project in harper
looks like he has the jump catch syndrome.
Originally posted by hofer36:
harper was picked 5 picks before niners took patton..I wonder if they take harper if he and patton are both available for that niners pick

and if they projected harper as a tight end in their predraft evaluations.,,if so they probably take patton as they had already taken a tight end in McDonald

funny how things work...niners lose a tight end project when browns sign gray then pickup an arguably better project in harper

Pre draft I had Harper pencilled in as a TE project because of the similarities to Delanie and when SEA got him I thought they had the same thing in mind or maybe they just wanted a Boldin clone. I really think Patton was mostly a BPA pick but also one for WR depth and protection against Crabtree possibly leaving being that they already had AJJ and they probably expected more from him. Well things work out to where we lose Gray but gain Harper who is more similar to Delanie than Gray though I still think that Gray has immense potential once he fully makes the transition
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Sep 3, 2013 at 5:35 AM ]
He was able to switch from quarterback to wide receiver after 5 games at Oregon and still had some pretty productive games that year. After that he transferred to Kansas state. I hope he can pick up the tight end position as quickly, because he really could be another Delaney Walker with better hands.

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1550423
Originally posted by hofer36:

Agreed. He could be a younger, cheaper, and maybe better Walker. And we get to stick it to the Seabuzzards in the process. Jenkins notwithstanding, if there's on thing HarBaalk has proven is they they are tops as talent evaluators, which is why teams predictably raided our castoffs.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's more muscular than Delanie.
Originally posted by mayo49:

I dont know about that...Delanie was 6 feet and 240 and ripped coming out of college, a beast. Harper was 6'1 and 229, a monster in his own right plus he performed exceptionally well on the bench press.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
[ Edited by mayo49 on Sep 3, 2013 at 6:49 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by mayo49:

I dont know about that...Delanie was 6 feet and 240 and ripped coming out of college, a beast. Harper was 6'1 and 229, a monster in his own right plus he performed exceptionally well on the bench press.

Looks a little bigger than Walker.

I'm not going to second guess Harbaugh & Baalke , they got us to the NFCC and SUPERBOWL their first two years in charge ...I think it's safe to say these cats know what their doing ..........seems to me they developing another weapon to attack the middle of the field
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'm not going to second guess Harbaugh & Baalke , they got us to the NFCC and SUPERBOWL their first two years in charge ...I think it's safe to say these cats know what their doing ..........seems to me they developing another weapon to attack the middle of the field

Agree. Almost every decision they've made has worked out in some way or another. If not for that season for the next season. Stockpiling the draft picks have certainly helped. Harbaugh knows talent and knows how to work with young talent, probably prefers it.
I'd like to see Seattle bully our WR now..
Harbaugh said on KNBR this morning that they would have taken Patton if Harper was still available when their pick came up. But he also said they did their homework on Harper and liked what they saw on him.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Harbaugh said on KNBR this morning that they would have taken Patton if Harper was still available when their pick came up. But he also said they did their homework on Harper and liked what they saw on him.

He wouldn't have said, 'Yeah, would have picked Harper ahead of Patton if Harper was there for us.'

That would be retarded in every way.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 3, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]