There are 388 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Originally posted by 49erWay:
Punks all of them.

Can handle people with energy and character who haven't won yet but don't mouth off and just pay respect and give it all they have.

Seattle and their fans are the opposite of anything good. Just loud mouthed punks. I have never wanted to destroy a team or fan base like this ever. Not even the Raiders. At least they had respect while they acted crazy.
I agree with this. Some team needs to beat their azz this year. Give them a 3-4 TD curb stomping at that precious 12th man stadium of theirs. If not us, then some team. Please.
Harper didn't fit in with the Seahawks. Having one of the highest Wonderlic scores for all draft eligible WRs this class, his score was probably higher than the cumulative score of the Seattle offense.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
I think Cam feasted on some really bad players. He will be a decent player in this league but no world beater.

Skuta is a decent backup and Lemonier could start on most teams, IMO. We got depth.

you're right. cam did nothing in the nfl up until last week. he normally doesn't play with a lot of energy. sickle-cell anemia does affect your overall vigor, so i'm not counting on him playing like lawrence taylor for the next ten years.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Harper didn't fit in with the Seahawks. Having one of the highest Wonderlic scores for all draft eligible WRs this class, his score was probably higher than the cumulative score of the Seattle offense.

that got me thinking...what did marshawn lynch do his senior thesis on at cal?
Interesting. Yeah, it turns out that Harper's 33 was the highest recorded score among receivers this year. Hopefully, he picks things up quickly.
One thing for sure, our FO doesn't do anything out of spite. I think JH communicated to Trent about the guy and Baalke got him.

Well it isn't saying much cause wrs are usually the biggest morons in the NFL
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
One thing for sure, our FO doesn't do anything out of spite. I think JH communicated to Trent about the guy and Baalke got him.

Oh, absolutely right. This is serious business, not middle school. I'm sure throwing a pie in Carroll's face is the last thing on the list of reasons why they wanted to grab this guy. I think it's a no-brainer - he's a complete Delanie Walker clone in every measurable way. Frankly, I'm surprised the Seahawks didn't try that approach with him since they've been watching Walker do his thing now for quite a few seasons.
Originally posted by xcfan:
you're right. cam did nothing in the nfl up until last week. he normally doesn't play with a lot of energy. sickle-cell anemia does affect your overall vigor, so i'm not counting on him playing like lawrence taylor for the next ten years.

Dude has the trait not disease. Its not his problem. TO and Santonio Holmes have it. My wife and 3 kids have it. The disease itself is debilitating. My brother in law has disease. I wouldn't draft him

Football and weed
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This is news to me. I just thought some were prima donnas but idiots?
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Oh, absolutely right. This is serious business, not middle school. I'm sure throwing a pie in Carroll's face is the last thing on the list of reasons why they wanted to grab this guy. I think it's a no-brainer - he's a complete Delanie Walker clone in every measurable way. Frankly, I'm surprised the Seahawks didn't try that approach with him since they've been watching Walker do his thing now for quite a few seasons.

Maybe they saw Boldin where we see Delanie
Originally posted by gold49digger:

The average Wonderlic score last year among receivers was about 18, which is what Jon Baldwin scored. Anquan Boldin scored a 31 and I can't find the article, but i think Marlon Moore was in the 30's. So Harper's 33 is far above average.

As we know, Wonderlic scores rarely relate to NFL success. It can't hurt, but it doesn't necessarily help. A couple of years ago, Alabama QB Greg McElroy scored a 48 and he's still on the Bengals practice squad.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran

Whatever his tutor decided to write about
Originally posted by GNielsen:
The average Wonderlic score last year among receivers was about 18, which is what Jon Baldwin scored. Anquan Boldin scored a 31 and I can't find the article, but i think Marlon Moore was in the 30's. So Harper's 33 is far above average.

As we know, Wonderlic scores rarely relate to NFL success. It can't hurt, but it doesn't necessarily help. A couple of years ago, Alabama QB Greg McElroy scored a 48 and he's still on the Bengals practice squad.

Well those scores aren't bad, but I'm curious, which group has the lowest wonderlic score?

I don't think wonderlic relates to a lot of success but it should show that the guy has a good work ethic and is willing to study, which I hope is what Harper is doing right away with the playbook.