There are 173 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

his running style reminds me of walkers.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
You do realize who was playing quarterback right? And the type of offense that they ran? He did well enough playing with a QB who was better at running with the ball than throwing it.

Yea. Thats a goods point. s**t I cant remember. Colin Klein right? I wasn't downing dude. I just saying that maybe the reduced targets of TE will be away of getting more quality out of him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by eonblue:
Harper was the #10 athlete according to rivals. This may just be conjecture but he can essentially be good at anything. He went Oregon where he basically wasted his first year trying to be a QB. I watchd his 2012 tape. You can find all his snaps against Oregon, Baylor, and WV. He has a great combination of size and speed. At WR he become very difficult to press. He looks stiff when he's running routes. I also worry about his lack of production during his time at Kstate.

You do realize who was playing quarterback right? And the type of offense that they ran? He did well enough playing with a QB who was better at running with the ball than throwing it.

lol - Harper's draft profile addresses this saying "his numbers are deflated because of his offensive system" or something like that. All KState did was run, run, run....
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eonblue:
Yea. Thats a goods point. s**t I cant remember. Colin Klein right? I wasn't downing dude. I just saying that maybe the reduced targets of TE will be away of getting more quality out of him.

Klein's arm is more weak that Shaun Hill's
I don't see a problem with it as long as he is on the active roster. I have a question, can anybody poach a player from a practice squad even if they are under contract??
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by seahawk12thman:
I don't see a problem with it as long as he is on the active roster. I have a question, can anybody poach a player from a practice squad even if they are under contract??

thats what we did. he signed to their practice squad but any player on a PS is free game, only stipulation is that he has to be on our 53 man for a min. of 3 weeks apparently
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

thats what we did. he signed to their practice squad but any player on a PS is free game, only stipulation is that he has to be on our 53 man for a min. of 3 weeks apparently

This is correct. Any team can sign any player from another teams practice squad. Only stipulation is a minimum of 3 weeks of active roster for the player that is signed.

I thought players had to sign new contracts once they were released.. My understanding was that the seahawks terminated his contract and the niners signed him to a new contract first.. Am I wrong??
[ Edited by seahawk12thman on Sep 2, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]

PS players have different contracts than regular players. All of their contracts are as Practice Squad players...IE, they are all "under contract". That's why they have to be released before they can sign on as a practice squad player.

So...YES. Any player on any practice squad can be poached as long as they are going to be on the 53 of the new team.
I thought players had to sign new contracts one they were released.. My understanding was that the seahawks terminated his contract and the niners signed him to a new contract first.. Am I wrong??

Yes, the 49ers signed him to a new deal for the 53 man roster.

I thought players had to sign new contracts once they were released.. My understanding was that the seahawks terminated his contract and the niners signed him to a new contract first.. Am I wrong??

1) Seahawks waived him.
2) He cleared waivers (no team claimed him)
3) Seahawks signed him to practice squad
4) 49ers signed him OFF Seattle practice squad.
  • sfout
  • Veteran

He was signed to the Seahawks practice squad but before Seattle could officially announce their Practice Squad Roster the 9ers offered him a contract; Seattle tried to counteroffer a higher salary on the practice squad but we must've told Harper that we have long term plans for him because he chose the 9ers.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
so we dont keep hawkins or collie or hall or jacobs, but we sign this random doot?

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Dat playbook doe

plus he's played RB/QB... strong dude--good for blocking down field when Gore/company breaks one.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

PS players have different contracts than regular players. All of their contracts are as Practice Squad players...IE, they are all "under contract". That's why they have to be released before they can sign on as a practice squad player.

So...YES. Any player on any practice squad can be poached as long as they are going to be on the 53 of the new team.
That answers my question.. Thanks. However no thanks for stealing him I was a little disappointed in his aggressiveness but his pure intangibles are intriguing. Using him as a Walker clone will be interesting so I guess the niners aren't as interested in his pass catching ability.. We shall see.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:

He was signed to the Seahawks practice squad but before Seattle could officially announce their Practice Squad Roster the 9ers offered him a contract; Seattle tried to counteroffer a higher salary on the practice squad but we must've told Harper that we have long term plans for him because he chose the 9ers.

Plus, he mentioned that he wanted to be on the winning side in week two and he wants to know what it feels like to play in the SB