There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

• xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
Jenkins was a soft dude with the heart of a bunny and body of an 11 year old rwandan
perfect description!
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Well well well. Look who's snapping up the scraps from Seattle's table. How appropriate.

Yeah, like Chris Maragos, Mike Person, Jeff Ulbrich (to coach), Brett Swain, Kyle Nelson, Michael Robinson, Braylon Edwards, etc. We have taken Lockette, Morrah, Harper from you. You guys probably took a lot more of our former players. You can count Terrell Owens if you want to. Seriously, you got nothing better to do with you life than troll our boards?

Bwahahaha...PWNAGE!!

For that guy, it's an obvious troll post then he disappears for a few weeks. Any other board, he would've been banned long ago. WZ is very friendly with rival posters, unlike their forums.

NavyHawk isn't a troll, dude is an Okay guy if not for his liking for the Seattle

That's my point, he's okay when he wants to be. But his latest post was troll-like and added nothing of debatable value. Sarcastic remark, then disappears.

Let's not forget Ken Norton. Their coaching staff has three former Niners counting Carroll himself. Nobody in Seattle should even get close to the remark NavyHawk made. It's pathetic.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Well well well. Look who's snapping up the scraps from Seattle's table. How appropriate.

Yeah, like Chris Maragos, Mike Person, Jeff Ulbrich (to coach), Brett Swain, Kyle Nelson, Michael Robinson, Braylon Edwards, etc. We have taken Lockette, Morrah, Harper from you. You guys probably took a lot more of our former players. You can count Terrell Owens if you want to. Seriously, you got nothing better to do with you life than troll our boards?

Bwahahaha...PWNAGE!!

For that guy, it's an obvious troll post then he disappears for a few weeks. Any other board, he would've been banned long ago. WZ is very friendly with rival posters, unlike their forums.

NavyHawk isn't a troll, dude is an Okay guy if not for his liking for the Seattle

That's my point, he's okay when he wants to be. But his latest post was troll-like and added nothing of debatable value. Sarcastic remark, then disappears.

Let's not forget Ken Norton. Their coaching staff has three former Niners counting Carroll himself. Nobody in Seattle should even get close to the remark NavyHawk made. It's pathetic.

he's obviously joking, lighten up
He's almost a Delanie Walker clone - same size and similar weight, both played WR in college, Walker 40: 4.45, Harper 40: 4.49. Marguis Gray's 40 time was 4.67 and he wasn't as quick as Harper or Walker. They've got big - they needed quick.

They're virtually the same, Walker weighed a bit more coming out of college and Harper is a bit taller, but other than, 40 numbers at the Combine were similar(4.49 vs 4.55), verticals(36" for both), both possessed similar pro's and con's.

Bwahahaha...PWNAGE!!

Just thought of another, Kentwan Balmer via trade, IIRC. Does that count? Probably.
Right. And, it's a very tight end friendly system. He's almost always on the field. As far as Harper is concerned, I can totally understand why they might think they can make another Delanie Walker out of him - same body, same speed, same background, same strength, same quickness, and his hands couldn't be worse. I can imagine a three tight end set with Davis, McDonald and Harper - Davis sprinting down the seam, McDonald turning in and finding space at about 12 yards and Harper running to the corner like we saw Walker do so many times.

If anything, Harper might be quicker than Walker was. For a bigger guy, he was breaking defender's ankles on the regular, very fluid motion, a guy who in time should become quite the matchup threat.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM ]
I hope Harper somehow gets PT and scores the winning TD. Irony at its finest!
Called this sh!t in NFL talk

I was interested in this guy during the draft. Thought he could pack on a few pounds and become a TE like Delanie Walker did. Anybody pay attention to him during the pre-season? Seattle fans, feel free to weigh in.

Harper was the #10 athlete according to rivals. This may just be conjecture but he can essentially be good at anything. He went Oregon where he basically wasted his first year trying to be a QB. I watchd his 2012 tape. You can find all his snaps against Oregon, Baylor, and WV. He has a great combination of size and speed. At WR he become very difficult to press. He looks stiff when he's running routes. I also worry about his lack of production during his time at Kstate.

I hope they give him time to bulk. I don't want him getting big at the cost of athleticism. He definitely could benefit from the reducded pass catching role of TE. Less is more type thing.
[ Edited by eonblue on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM ]
I hope some don't get me wrong.. I like the signing... he does remind me of Boldin the way he attacks the ball and palms it with one hand.

I just would've rather had

Gray & Cam Johnson

than

Harper & Skuta(or insert another player here)

cool beans...season is almost here

only move I will continue to b***h about is having Colt as our #2 QB.

and Craig Dahl as our Backup Safety
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Called this sh!t in NFL talk

I was interested in this guy during the draft. Thought he could pack on a few pounds and become a TE like Delanie Walker did. Anybody pay attention to him during the pre-season? Seattle fans, feel free to weigh in.

Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Interesting signing.

Good to hear that Seattle was attempting to have him stay on their PS by refusing the Niners offer of a spot on their roster. Similar to what Lockette did with the Niners.

They obviously felt that he had developmental potential. Anything to destabilize the 'Hawks is good.

However, Harper better hit the Juggs machine. He needs to markedly improve his pass catching skills.

Otherwise he'll truly develop into a Delanie clone.

I don't know what his deal was in Seattle, but in college this guy was pretty sure-handed receiver. He was very good at catching the ball away from his body.

Clearly we should all know when every Seattle fan that comes here is joking or not. Put it in blue or green if it's sarcasm or say JK or something. Maybe he was just kidding but when we got Seattle trolls coming in here left and right how are we suppose to know who isn't trolling? And besides he knew the joke would piss people off. Not everyone knows who is a "good" Sehawks fan poster and "bad" Seahawks fan poster.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
Harper was the #10 athlete according to rivals. This may just be conjecture but he can essentially be good at anything. He went Oregon where he basically wasted his first year trying to be a QB. I watchd his 2012 tape. You can find all his snaps against Oregon, Baylor, and WV. He has a great combination of size and speed. At WR he become very difficult to press. He looks stiff when he's running routes. I also worry about his lack of production during his time at Kstate.

You do realize who was playing quarterback right? And the type of offense that they ran? He did well enough playing with a QB who was better at running with the ball than throwing it.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

Clearly we should all know when every Seattle fan that comes here is joking or not. Put it in blue or green if it's sarcasm or say JK or something. Maybe he was just kidding but when we got Seattle trolls coming in here left and right how are we suppose to know who isn't trolling?

Seattle is pissed they just lost a 4th rounder to us. Enough said. He can say whatever he wants but we got something for nothing.