There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers sign wr Chris Harper

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Harper looks more like a Jon Baldwin clone to me.

Don't curr if you don't agree. I'm sticking with my own opinion
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 2, 2013 at 1:34 PM ]
love this pick up! this kid is just raw as hell but so was delanie when he showed up in SF. lots of potential and even if he doesnt work out so well he will give us good info on the seahawks after spending a whole offseason with them. Great job Baalke
Originally posted by NavyHawk:
Well well well. Look who's snapping up the scraps from Seattle's table. How appropriate.

Yeah, like Chris Maragos, Mike Person, Jeff Ulbrich (to coach), Brett Swain, Kyle Nelson, Michael Robinson, Braylon Edwards, etc. We have taken Lockette, Morrah, Harper from you. You guys probably took a lot more of our former players. You can count Terrell Owens if you want to. Seriously, you got nothing better to do with you life than troll our boards?
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM ]
[ Edited by 49erFanInTX83 on Sep 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Well well well. Look who's snapping up the scraps from Seattle's table. How appropriate.

Yeah, like Chris Maragos, Mike Person, Jeff Ulbrich (to coach), Brett Swain, Kyle Nelson, Michael Robinson, Braylon Edwards, etc. We have taken Lockette, Morrah, Harper from you. You guys probably took a lot more of our former players. You can count Terrell Owens if you want to. Seriously, you got nothing better to do with you life than troll our boards?

PWND!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Love it! He's smart, played QB and will be better then Walker was.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:

PWND!

Ouch
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I really like this signing, I like him even better at TE.

Depth for when we let Vernon Walk

But this guy is prob an average WR in the NFL, could be a pretty good TE.

And Jerry Rice!
Chris Harper is a Delanie Walker clone with better quickness and change of direction but with a little less strength and top end speed.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I really like this signing, I like him even better at TE.

Depth for when we let Vernon Walk

But this guy is prob an average WR in the NFL, could be a pretty good TE.
if we were going to look/coach someone to be Vernon's replacement, Gray would've been the better choice. 6'4 250 with speed.

edit- although I'm sure the draft in a couple of years will provide some SUPER athletic Freak that Vernon was...but we are going to have to trade up like crazy.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM ]
Sounds veru similar to Walker. Same size, frame, speed, etc.

He was a draft bio on Delanie:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/historical/1109396

If he develop imagine the 3-TE monster we would have with Mac and VD.
f**kin' Harbaugh, he could turn a LB into a FB, a nerd into an all-star QB, and just might turn an underachieving WR into a great TE.
Originally posted by 49erFanInTX83:

oops
Gray being labeled a QB was farce. He was more of a receiver at Minnesota than anything. He is a solid overall "athlete". There was a reason he didn't get drafted and Harper did though. It may have been that one played for a good team and the other didn't It could also just be a talent difference.