There are 414 users in the forums

which cuts get picked up on the wavier

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Packers signing Tolzien is still an info grab, if only a desperate one.

If I were Green Bay, I would offer Tolzien a 6-months supply of sharp cheddar cheese for the information, but not a roster spot.

And I would bet that Tolzien would be the winner in that trade.
Any news on Hawkins?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nc49erfan:
Any news on Hawkins?

The less news the better, it will still give us an ounce of hope that we can bring him back.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Packers signing Tolzien is still an info grab, if only a desperate one.

If I were Green Bay, I would offer Tolzien a 6-months supply of sharp cheddar cheese for the information, but not a roster spot.

And I would bet that Tolzien would be the winner in that trade.

This is exactly why he is on the practice squad
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
This is exactly why he is on the practice squad

Sorry. I did not realize that the Packers had already completed the deal for Tolzien.
I don't think Tolzien being with the Packers is any kind of threat to the 49ers in terms of "revealing" the game plan. One, he probably didn't know the full extent, two, even if he did, I don't think the Packers could really stop us, and three, yes Tolzien knows the playbook, but that doesn't mean he knows what will be called when, who will be used how, etc. Players switch teams to opponents all the time. This is no real threat unless you are too predictable, a la the Buccaneers vs. Raiders Super Bowl.
  • bret
  • Veteran
The ESPN Nation Blog says the Cowboys only kept 4 corner and have a real need, so I think there's a chance Morris and/or Cooper could get snatched - not super likely, but at least a chance. (I could also see either of them go to the Raiders.)

A lot of clubs need tight ends, and Grey looked pretty good, so he's got a chance too.

Finally, I think Brian Jennings, Lavelle Hawkins and Austin Collie will all probably get picked up, although it might be after week one. (I was really rooting for Hawkins, because he was a local Stockton guy, and he seemed to really hustle to make plays these last couple games - he looked like a guy who REALLY wanted to be here.)

Oh yeah, one more: I'm probably way off on this one, but with Vince Young getting cut, maybe the Packers would give Scott Tolzien a look. Nah, maybe not...
Jennings
Put me down with Bret
  • bret
  • Veteran
Eric Branch is saying Chad Hall is being claimed by the Chiefs, I thought all claims would be decided at 3PM today, so maybe it's not final, but since they have first claim, it would make sense.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Jennings

I think other teams will opt to go with youth, too. I don't think Jennnings gets picked up.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bret:
Eric Branch is saying Chad Hall is being claimed by the Chiefs, I thought all claims would be decided at 3PM today, so maybe it's not final, but since they have first claim, it would make sense.
he will out play jenkins who will get cut next week
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
The Bears have signed Lockette to their practice squad.
  • bret
  • Veteran
MarQueis Grey goes to Cleveland too per Eric Branch. Damn!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bret:
MarQueis Grey goes to Cleveland too per Eric Branch. Damn!

That sucks !!
Share 49ersWebzone