LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

NFC West Preview: Seattle Seahawks Unanimous Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

hahahaha his wife lol

Wow is that Wilson's wife? Scary!
We will use the Crane Technique. If done correctly, no can defense.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
SEA wouldn't be as much of a national obsession if they didn't play in our division. Since they beat us on a bad week everyone figures that they are now a notch above us despite accomplishing less. We will reeducate these fools by season's end. Pete just better hope he gets his club to the 10 wins I predict they can optimally achieve because if not his a$$ is on the hot seat!

If it wasn't for the blown call in the Packers/Seahawks game last year, I don't think they are even an obsession. WInning that game when they should have lost, put them on that stage. They got TOO cocky after that win if you ask me. They got lucky to be where they are at right now.

For a change, I'm glad we are getting them at home near towards the end of the season. That game can potentially be a NFC West crown game and in front of the home crowd in the last year at Candlestick? I hope we blow them out.
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
I personally, strongly believe, that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. Living in Seattle, originally from Santa Rosa, I watched all their preseason games. Wilson had a poor preseason. Even more striking was that they played him a lot. At 5'11 they odds are still stacked against his long term success. I think Wilson will regress to an average QB and Seattle will ride their RB's and defense to a Wildcard. I'm calling it now.

you mean the pre-season games where we were missing several starters, Lynch, Miller, Carpenter, Rice to name a few, and running a vanilla offense? three words for this post. It was pre-season.......Not saying he can't regress, it's possible, but there's no evidence that shows he will. Well i guess there's the pre-season tapes.
[ Edited by hawker84 on Sep 4, 2013 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
I personally, strongly believe, that Russell Wilson will have a sophomore slump. Living in Seattle, originally from Santa Rosa, I watched all their preseason games. Wilson had a poor preseason. Even more striking was that they played him a lot. At 5'11 they odds are still stacked against his long term success. I think Wilson will regress to an average QB and Seattle will ride their RB's and defense to a Wildcard. I'm calling it now.

you mean the pre-season games where we were missing several starters, Lynch, Miller, Carpenter, Rice to name a few, and running a vanilla offense? three words for this post. It was pre-season.......Not saying he can't regress, it's possible, but there's no evidence that shows he will. Well i guess there's the pre-season tapes.

Who doesn't run a vanilla offense in the preseason? Who doesn't rest starters in the preseason?
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Who doesn't run a vanilla offense in the preseason? Who doesn't rest starters in the preseason?

Yep i agree, so to say because wilson struggled in pre-season (which he did at times) is an indicator of how his season will go, is not a solid measuring tool. I don't know maybe olejohnnyboy didn't realize teams don't actually scheme in the pre-season, and the majority of teams are playing without a lot of starters? Just going by what he posted.
People like to hop on the wagon who gives a ****. By seasons end they will all be proven wrong.
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Sep 4, 2013 at 5:14 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236898/article/nfc-west-preview-seattle-seahawks-a-unanimous-pick

WOW, f**kin really?! The last two years we have gone 13-3 and 11-4-1 with an NFC title game appearance and a Superbowl appearance. We have reloaded on defense and our offensive situation is much better than people seem to think. A lot of people think that our offense is going to struggle with Crabtree out. I believe we have plenty of guys that will step up.

Historically Pete Carroll has been a very mediocre NFL head coach. And lets not forget other than that late game last year at Seattle, Jim Harbaugh OWNS Pete Carroll. f**k these analysts. Seattle is in for a rude awakening and will come back down to earth this year. Never seen so much hype for a team that finished 2nd in their division. Cheating ass PED pass interfering mother f**kers

And in hindsight the hype they received that many here doubted is beginning to prove itself justified. They know how to win football games, though it may not always be pretty, they have a deep and talented football team that is very good. They proved it last night, without Clemons, Browner or Harvin and they will be better once those guys get healthy and get back on the field. While they still have much to prove and a tough schedule that won't make things easy for them, they are a contender in the NFC.

The Seahawks are a good football team and Carroll is good football coach, despite what some choose to believe. I believe some of our fans lack humility especially when it comes to Pete Carroll and the Seahawks, and don't want give them an ounce of credit when they deserve it and have also earned it.

It's looking like the rematch in San Fran is going to a must win for us, and I have no doubts Harbaugh & co. will have this team ready to answer but it will be another tough physical matchup that will have us all on the edge of our seats for 4 quarters.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236898/article/nfc-west-preview-seattle-seahawks-a-unanimous-pick

WOW, f**kin really?! The last two years we have gone 13-3 and 11-4-1 with an NFC title game appearance and a Superbowl appearance. We have reloaded on defense and our offensive situation is much better than people seem to think. A lot of people think that our offense is going to struggle with Crabtree out. I believe we have plenty of guys that will step up.

Historically Pete Carroll has been a very mediocre NFL head coach. And lets not forget other than that late game last year at Seattle, Jim Harbaugh OWNS Pete Carroll. f**k these analysts. Seattle is in for a rude awakening and will come back down to earth this year. Never seen so much hype for a team that finished 2nd in their division. Cheating ass PED pass interfering mother f**kers

And in hindsight the hype they received that many here doubted is beginning to prove itself justified. They know how to win football games, though it may not always be pretty, they have a deep and talented football team that is very good. They proved it last night, without Clemons, Browner or Harvin and they will be better once those guys get healthy and get back on the field. While they still have much to prove and a tough schedule that won't make things easy for them, they are a contender in the NFC.

The Seahawks are a good football team and Carroll is good football coach, despite what some choose to believe. I believe some of our fans lack humility especially when it comes to Pete Carroll and the Seahawks, and don't want give them an ounce of credit when they deserve it and have also earned it.

It's looking like the rematch in San Fran is going to a must win for us, and I have no doubts Harbaugh & co. will have this team ready to answer but it will be another tough physical matchup that will have us all on the edge of our seats for 4 quarters.

f**k that I want to see us beat them so bad in the rematch in San Fran that their douchey f**king head coach tries to throw a punch at Harbaugh toward the end of the game. I want to see Wilson get his hip fractured so he can join Harvin on the IR. Oh and Richard Sherman? That guy can swallow s**t and choke. Classless b******t fraud of a team that I KNOW isn't going to win s**t ever. EVER,
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:
f**k that I want to see us beat them so bad in the rematch in San Fran that their douchey f**king head coach tries to throw a punch at Harbaugh toward the end of the game. I want to see Wilson get his hip fractured so he can join Harvin on the IR. Oh and Richard Sherman? That guy can swallow s**t and choke. Classless b******t fraud of a team that I KNOW isn't going to win s**t ever. EVER,

You stay classy
I don't mind admitting that I underestimated the Seahawks. Right now, it would be hard to argue that they aren't the best team in the league and they're clearly the best in the division. They beat the Niners in every possible way last night. But, the season is young and there's a long way to go. It's not like they're completely unbeatable. I could even imagine a completely ironic end to their season with the Niners going up there and knocking them off in a playoff game. Not very probable, but it is possible. I still remember the Vikings coming into the Stick for a playoff game and knocking off a Niner team that had completely dominated the NFL with the league's number one defense AND offense.

• evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't mind admitting that I underestimated the Seahawks. Right now, it would be hard to argue that they aren't the best team in the league and they're clearly the best in the division. They beat the Niners in every possible way last night. But, the season is young and there's a long way to go. It's not like they're completely unbeatable. I could even imagine a completely ironic end to their season with the Niners going up there and knocking them off in a playoff game. Not very probable, but it is possible. I still remember the Vikings coming into the Stick for a playoff game and knocking off a Niner team that had completely dominated the NFL with the league's number one defense AND offense.

Great post.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by NYVAGIANTSSUCK:

You stay classy

Classy? I am quite classy actually I'VE had to hear Giants and Ravens fans this morning rub the loss in my face. Trust me especially Ravens fans all over facebook who look pretty white trash to me are giving me grief. They think we are bandwagon fans! They piss me off so much it almost makes me want to wear a Steelers hat to get under their skin.
Let them talk. They earned bragging rights after that beatdown. They still have to play the 49ers in SF even though Richard Sherman refuses to acknowledge any 49ers Seahawks games except the last two. The 49ers had this coming with all the hype but what happened to SF is going to happen to Seattle in Dec when they play in SF. Pete Carroll is even calling out Anquan Boldin and Richard Sherman was talking sheit about Kaepernick after the game. This will all catch up with them just as it did to SF. Keep talking Seattle. Can't wait for you very own slice of humble pie. Its coming jerks.
Originally posted by NinerG94:
Let them talk. They earned bragging rights after that beatdown. They still have to play the 49ers in SF even though Richard Sherman refuses to acknowledge any 49ers Seahawks games except the last two. The 49ers had this coming with all the hype but what happened to SF is going to happen to Seattle in Dec when they play in SF. Pete Carroll is even calling out Anquan Boldin and Richard Sherman was talking sheit about Kaepernick after the game. This will all catch up with them just as it did to SF. Keep talking Seattle. Can't wait for you very own slice of humble pie. Its coming jerks.

All that matters is the last two. They improved mightily in the last two years and have our number in SEA. They have the right to gloat. But, now they have to come to the stick and try that again.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

That's very true. When it comes to playoff time, you just never know anymore. Some teams can have totally ho-hum regular seasons and go all the way (Ravens, Giants, 05 Steelers anyone?) just because they get hot at the right time. Other teams have incredible regular season records and choke in the playoffs too (Packers and Falcons last two years).

It hurts, but the only thing you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off, learn from it, and move on.
Share 49ersWebzone