There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC West Preview: Seattle Seahawks Unanimous Pick

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
All these so called experts keep talking about how our D faltered down the stretch, so that must mean they'll be worse this year. They make no mention of the injuries to the Smith bros. I think our D is gonna be nasty this year. I think they're pissed and teams are gonna feel it.

^^

Like Mike Tyson rushing Robin Givens... like Jason Voorhees tearing up a campsite... like a hillbilly attacking Ned Beatty in Deliverence... like Joey Chestnut vs 1 hot dog!!!
Injuries could easily determine who wins the NFC West this year. Either team could hit a rough patch of losing a majority of a stretch of games and of the two teams, I think the 49ers would weather such a patch better than the Seahawks. I have a feeling that the internal dynamics of personalities in Seattle will frazzle quite a bit if put under the duress of a losing streak (probably not Russell Wilson, though, that guy is a real gamer). Unfortunately, though, there is more than a small chance that the 49ers could end up traipsing up to Seattle for a playoff game. If so, that will be a game for the ages (or until the next year anyway).
After going through this thread, I legitimately feel better about our chances, and how the Seahawks regular season last year wasn't all that impressive except the final few weeks.

They used to be the team that was underrated and showed up to beat good teams (Giants and Ravens in '11), (Patriots and Packers last year), but we not only did better on the road but amongst common opponents, we did better than they did against every team (except the Vikings, but at least we were on the road for that one). They can keep their bigger margin of victory blowouts against Bills and Cards....

That's why I wager we are still better than they are.....what we did at Lambeau, Foxboro, only the NY Giants have done in recent memory in the NFC.....Seattle could barely beat these teams at home, which is why they are OVERRATED.

In some ways they are the Saints.....monsters at home, soft on the road, except defense instead of offensive firepower.

Can't wait.
[ Edited by JTsBiggestFan on Sep 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM ]
When are we gonna get a Seattle spy?
The Seahawks should've been 10-6 last year, yet somehow they are better than the team that has owned the division the last 2 and looks to be even stronger this year with Kap in his first full season as a starter.

Yup, they are the preseason over hyped bandwagon team, and those teams always without fail, fail.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Sep 2, 2013 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The Seahawks should've been 10-6 last year, yet somehow they are better than the team that has owned the division the last 2 and looks to be even stronger this year with Kap in his first full season as a starter.

Yup, they are the preseason over hyped bandwagon team, and those teams always without fail, fail.

yea i think they take a step back this year. They were a fail mary and a lucky game against the Pats away to being 9-7.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

A team that gets that overhyped in the offseason / preseason by the media is like the kiss of death nowadays.

BTW, delayed blitz = goodbye Seattle's read-option. Thanks for the hot tip Green Bay.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
yea i think they take a step back this year. They were a fail mary and a lucky game against the Pats away to being 9-7.

And a lucky game that Pats game was. Bellichick not opting to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half and Gronk dropping an easy TD pass was what sunk them.
wait, wtf, this quote..."The pass rush is very deep"
Originally posted by Protoman:

And a lucky game that Pats game was. Bellichick not opting to kick the FG at the end of the 1st half and Gronk dropping an easy TD pass was what sunk them.

Not to mention Brady in the red zone towards the end of the game and throwing an int in the end zone. How often does that happen? He doesn't do that and the correct call is made in the Packers game and the Seahawks don't even make the playoffs. And, on the other side, the Niners kicker basically face plants away two potential wins and the Niners still win the division. Just the kicking change alone for the Niners could make a huge positive difference this year.

Works both ways . . .
an optimist might say they were 9 points from being 13-3
(the Hawks 2012 deficits: 7, 6, 4, 4, 3)
btw ~ I would also posit that most playoff teams get a lucky break here or there.

That said, I'm so ready for this season to start so we can actually watch instead of just surmise
I'd tell ya I've seen a lot of Wilson and Lynch jerseys as of late here in Baltimore. I guess the Ravens fans hung up their Succko and Lewis jerseys....
49ers fans know how stupid this article is. everyone will know in 2 weeks!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000236898/article/nfc-west-preview-seattle-seahawks-a-unanimous-pick

Apparently the Seahawks have already won the SB. Everyone is picking them to at least win the division. In the past I would have said I loved the underdog role and that the media is brushing us off, but this bothers me.

"Carroll and general manager John Schneider have built to this moment for four years. It's their time." Really? How about Harbaugh has built this team in 2 years and reached 1 NFC Championship and then a SB appearance...I would say it's more the 49ers time than anyone else. Carroll had this team for 4 years and Jim is going on his third. Their logic is stupid. The Seahawks were flashy but I have a feeling they will let down a lot of folks this season. I do not think RW is that good and he will prove it right come week 1.
Relaxed and untroubled.