LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

NFC West Preview: Seattle Seahawks Unanimous Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN
Looks like Wk 1 opponents #Panthers and #Seahawks have oldest (CAR) and youngest (SEA) offensive players by avg age.

Here's to youth ~ maybe 't will be the magic elixir to combat those pesky 10am starts

age ranks overall . . .
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/108043/2013-nfl-age-rankings-at-reduction-to-53
Originally posted by GNielsen:
He did get sacked a lot in preseason and he threw a few interceptions. Kaepernick took 40 snaps, didn't get sacked once and didn't throw one interception. And that Niner pass rush will be loaded, healthy and ready in the second week with a few new tricks. That will be one of the most interesting aspects of that 2nd week. As far as Lynch is concerned, I think he's due for one of his meltdowns. The other thing these prognosticators seem to have ignored is that the Seahawks have serious issues with their defensive front. They didn't put Clemons on their PUP, but they don't expect him to be at full strength for the first few games. They don't have Irvin for the first four games. Avril, Mebane and Bennett have injuries they're working through. I've been predicting that they're going to fade a little for months now and I'm standing by that.

Even when healthy, I think their LB corps is by far remains their weakest link on the defense. I saw teams exploit that like crazy last season (Gore, Peterson, Turner, Gonzalez to name a few), and it doesn't look like they've done much to fix that, and sold out on boosting the DL by getting big FA signings from Avril and Bennett as a quick-fix instead. They don't have to worry about contract issues with the Legion of Boom (yet).
Well Seattle are the better team and they have those cool ass green uniforms.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Mike Sando, ESPN.com ‏@SandoESPN
Looks like Wk 1 opponents #Panthers and #Seahawks have oldest (CAR) and youngest (SEA) offensive players by avg age.

Here's to youth ~ maybe 't will be the magic elixir to combat those pesky 10am starts

age ranks overall . . .
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/108043/2013-nfl-age-rankings-at-reduction-to-53

Kids their age stay up late. The old guys get to bed on time.
My week 1 upset is Panthers over Seahawks. BOOK IT.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
My week 1 upset is Panthers over Seahawks. BOOK IT.

Definitely possible. 10:00 AM game. Defensive front hurting and Cam Newton looking to get hot. How hilarious would it be, after all the hype, to watch the Seahawks start out the season at 0-2 looking at two of their next three games being 10:00 AM games again with the Texans and the Colts. Would there be panic in Seattle? I think so.
I'm looking at the at the Seahawks wins/losses last season and I'm not impressed...

Week 1-Loss to the Tards by 4...

Week 2-Win against an inconsistent Cowboys team at home, Romo basically threw the Cowboys out the game.

Week 3-Win that should have been a loss, fail mary. In comparison we beat the Pack two times in one season and it didn't take a bad call for it to happen.

Week 4-Loss to the Rams (puts them at 0-2 in division, 1-3 overall if the replacement refs has made the right call on the fail mary play)

Week 5-Barely beat the Panthers, had Cam not been in a horrible slump in the first half of the season they could have easily lost this.

Week 6-Beat the Pats by 1 at home, I won't discredit this win they show A LOT of heart in this game. But had the Pats been at home I guarantee this would have been an L. In comparison we destroyed the Pack at Foxborough.

Week 7-Took an L to us in a defensive battle.

Week 8-Loss to the Lions, a non-playoff team.

Week 9-Beat the Vikes in impressive fashion.

Week 10-Beat the Jets, but who didn't?

Week 11-Loss to the Dolphins, another non-playoff team.

Week 12-Beat the Bears in the last second, nice win.

Week 13-DESTROYED the Cards... and this is where the hype beast started to rage out of control.

Week 14-DESTROYED the Bills... hype beast are trolling hard at this point.

Week 15-DESTROYED us at home... the hype beast are in full riot mode at this point.

Week 16-Barely beat the Rams...

Playoffs they squeak by the Skins (injured RG3) and lose to the team we beat to go to the super bowl, the falcons.

It was damn near magical that the Seahawks made the playoffs last season, asking for them to beat out us and the Rams (very underrated team) and go all the way to the super bowl possibly beating out teams ATL and GB is a tough task for any team. If the Seahawks went 10-6 this season I would be very impressed.
  • titan
  • Veteran
BOOM!!!!! Season is over for the Seahawks. LMAO
All these so called experts keep talking about how our D faltered down the stretch, so that must mean they'll be worse this year. They make no mention of the injuries to the Smith bros. I think our D is gonna be nasty this year. I think they're pissed and teams are gonna feel it.
Carol's about to get T-bagged on the 50 yard line in week 2.

• Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
All these so called experts keep talking about how our D faltered down the stretch, so that must mean they'll be worse this year. They make no mention of the injuries to the Smith bros. I think our D is gonna be nasty this year. I think they're pissed and teams are gonna feel it.

We allowed two TD's in all of preseason. Both were when our second and third string team was in against the 1st string vikings.
Originally posted by Janitor:

We allowed two TD's in all of preseason. Both were when our second and third string team was in against the 1st string vikings.

To clarify, our defense allowed two TDs. Special teams allowed another two or three I believe.
Its common knowledge that Cawks are usually overhyped...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Its common knowledge that Cawks are usually overhyped...
^^
CAWK blockers
  • LVJay
  • Veteran

^^

Like Mike Tyson rushing Robin Givens... like Jason Voorhees tearing up a campsite... like a hillbilly attacking Ned Beatty in Deliverence... like Joey Chestnut vs 1 hot dog!!!
Share 49ersWebzone