There are 171 users in the forums

NFC West Preview: Seattle Seahawks Unanimous Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
The underdog role will suit the Niners just fine. Put all the pressure on the paper champs.
Seattle will end up 7-9
who cares? let the NFL.com writers and ESPN guys say what they think. We believe they are wrong. I see a 13-3 team here. Not 10-6. I think it's our time to grab the 1st seed in NFC.
The seahawks are good yes but why are they automatically better than us? and this years superbowl champs?? they went on a dominating streak last year but so did other teams they beat a crippled RG3 Redskins team they had a hell of comeback against the Falcons but let Ryan go down the field like in 3 plays the niners at least kept them from scoring points when it counted and played a hell of a game against the Ravens yes Seattle will be good this season we all know that but there getting carried away with all this hype.
[ Edited by Raul98 on Aug 31, 2013 at 10:59 PM ]
The general consensus is that the Super Bowl losing team rarely comes back strong the next year. I think the '72 Doplhins were the only team to return to the SB and win it.

It's just people's opinion, which is fine.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
The general consensus is that the Super Bowl losing team rarely comes back strong the next year. I think the '72 Doplhins were the only team to return to the SB and win it.

It's just people's opinion, which is fine.

Yup. This team is different. We are ahead of the curve.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
who cares? let the NFL.com writers and ESPN guys say what they think. We believe they are wrong. I see a 13-3 team here. Not 10-6. I think it's our time to grab the 1st seed in NFC.

If we get that #1 seed, then I don't see us losing our "last" home game in Candlestick. The fans will be so fired up with the playoff implications and could make a huge difference in helping us advance. More confidence in this years team in having a winning division record than the last two seasons, not sure why.
we get to the superbowl and were the underdogs lol. the 49ers will prove again that they dont know s**t
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
They do realize Seattle has to play on the road?

This. Did the so-called pundits watch any of their road games, or take into consideration Washington was going to beat them until RGIII got hurt?
the rate that people jump off seattles bandwagon after they stumble out of the gate will be ridiculous. their first have of the schedule is brutal. they may be 1-4 to start the season

Seahawks winning percentage in 10:00 AM games over the last ten years: .34

Number of 10:00AM games this year for the Seahawks: 5

Teams the Seahawks play at 10:00 AM this year: Panthers, Colts, Texans, Giants, Falcons

Home games of note; Niners, Saints, Vikings, Rams

Bottom line: do the math. The Seahawks would have to play out of their minds all season to get to 12-4 or 13-3. I don't see it. I see them fading a bit.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Seahawks winning percentage in 10:00 AM games over the last ten years: .34

Number of 10:00AM games this year for the Seahawks: 5

Teams the Seahawks play at 10:00 AM this year: Panthers, Colts, Texans, Giants, Falcons

Home games of note; Niners, Saints, Vikings, Rams

Bottom line: do the math. The Seahawks would have to play out of their minds all season to get to 12-4 or 13-3. I don't see it. I see them fading a bit.

They also cut Lynch's lead blocker this weekend too. Their OL is ok, but I don't see Lynch having another 1,500+ yard season (although I have been wrong before), especially if they start having issues at TE. You can only run angry for so long before it takes its toll on you if your protection becomes suspect.

The Seahawks are going to be going against defenses that are no slouch either: SF x 2, STL x 2, Texans to name a few.

Preseason or not, when your first-team OL lets Green Bay (of all defenses) sack Wilson 4 times, that's not saying much for your pass protection.
[ Edited by Protoman on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
Great - just more motivation to win BIG on everyone.

Is there a site that we can go to and give all these "geniuses" some grief after we in the SBowl?
The Seahawks have a great team, I'm not surprised.
Originally posted by Protoman:
They also cut Lynch's lead blocker this weekend too. Their OL is ok, but I don't see Lynch having another 1,500+ yard season (although I have been wrong before), especially if they start having issues at TE. You can only run angry for so long before it takes its toll on you.

The Seahawks are going to be going against defenses that are no slouch either: SF x 2, STL x 2, Texans to name a few.

Preseason or not, when your first-team OL lets Green Bay (of all defenses) sack Wilson 4 times, that's not saying much for your pass protection.

He did get sacked a lot in preseason and he threw a few interceptions. Kaepernick took 40 snaps, didn't get sacked once and didn't throw one interception. And that Niner pass rush will be loaded, healthy and ready in the second week with a few new tricks. That will be one of the most interesting aspects of that 2nd week. As far as Lynch is concerned, I think he's due for one of his meltdowns. The other thing these prognosticators seem to have ignored is that the Seahawks have serious issues with their defensive front. They didn't put Clemons on their PUP, but they don't expect him to be at full strength for the first few games. They don't have Irvin for the first four games. Avril, Mebane and Bennett have injuries they're working through. I've been predicting that they're going to fade a little for months now and I'm standing by that.
[ Edited by GNielsen on Sep 1, 2013 at 1:07 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone