There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

• Kolohe
  • #TeamLevi
What we can expect from Marecic, seems like Colt McCoy depended on him quite often:

Well since our WR didn't do much against Seattle, Harb's wanted to try and send two fullbacks out on deep passes....That might confuse the Seahawks enough to actually work.
[ Edited by TexasGuero49 on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
we have no need for marecic. why is he here? someone said he was a ST ace; not true, he's only ok. john conner is a more effective blocker--which is 90% of the job. if harbaugh wanted a versatile fullback to backup, he should've drafted that harvard guy his brother drafted.
One team's trash is another's treasure...nobody knows what Marecic can do better than Harbaugh. The Browns are still a bad team...so their fans can crow all they want about how happy they are to get rid of him. Could well just be a case of being in the wrong place...Cleveland's a team many a player have gone to "die".
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What we can expect from Marecic, seems like Colt McCoy depended on him quite often:

He appears to be able to adjust to poorly thrown passes better than Bruce Miller (2 drops last week on such plays), but other than that, Bruce looks more fluid an athlete. I wonder what's going on here.
can someone tell me a few occasions where a player was used wrong and went somewhere new and The coach utilized him better. besides a QB. please bc saying that harb will know how to use him is stupid. If the player is good then he can f**kin figure out how to be productive in his predicament. the dude is not good and will do nothing for us. mark my words. Harb just wanted to get one of his former fave players some money. he probably has financial problems or something.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Fame
better recognize this mo fos skillz

https

prob punts farther than Lee also
Originally posted by 49ertheman:
can someone tell me a few occasions where a player was used wrong and went somewhere new and The coach utilized him better. besides a QB. please bc saying that harb will know how to use him is stupid. If the player is good then he can f**kin figure out how to be productive in his predicament. the dude is not good and will do nothing for us. mark my words. Harb just wanted to get one of his former fave players some money. he probably has financial problems or something.

I don't know if Ahmad Brooks was necessarily used wrong, but he definitely was not an All Pro linebacker in Cincinatti. He was cut at the end of preseason 2008 and we signed him a day later. Marshawn Lynch was nowhere near the back he is now that he was in Buffalo. Change of environment can do wonders in certain occasions.
ILB/ST depth with Moody out. That's it. That's all.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't know if Ahmad Brooks was necessarily used wrong, but he definitely was not an All Pro linebacker in Cincinatti. He was cut at the end of preseason 2008 and we signed him a day later. Marshawn Lynch was nowhere near the back he is now that he was in Buffalo. Change of environment can do wonders in certain occasions.

OK, your comment made me think differently .. because both of those players grew into good players rather than get coached into good players. I guess we could take our time with him and let our coaches do their thing but he was thrown into the starting spot in clevland, I just don't see him contributing right now. We need to concentrate on the players we had already like Quinton Patton, Baldwin, Vance, Reid, and Kendall Hunter
I dont understand the signing. I thought we would def try to pick up a D Lineman somewhere off of a scrap heap. Jimmy Tomsula can do wonders with some players. I hope he can coach up Dorsey to be the kind of talent he was drafted to be.
Originally posted by 49ertheman:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

OK, your comment made me think differently .. because both of those players grew into good players rather than get coached into good players. I guess we could take our time with him and let our coaches do their thing but he was thrown into the starting spot in clevland, I just don't see him contributing right now. We need to concentrate on the players we had already like Quinton Patton, Baldwin, Vance, Reid, and Kendall Hunter
both of those players were Athletic freaks though...they had potential... and Marshawn was already f'n Beast in Buffalo anyway. Seattle lucked out with that move.

I don't know what is unique about Marecic...but hey I'd rather the club be weird about their actions regarding a backup FB...rather than a Backup QB.
The FO are obsessed with these H-Back type players: 6'0", 240lbs, Physical, jack of all trades. Now we have 4 of em'.

- Bruce Miller
- Alex Debniak
- Owen Marecic
- Chris Harper
Originally posted by Kolohe:

problem/question

Are we benching Miller? If not which RB will sit...could Dixon of LMJ possibly be in trouble/traded?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Newly signed 49ers FB Owen Marecic should thank NT Tony Jerod-Eddie for his job.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-confidence-jerod-eddie-leads-job-marecic