The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
better recognize this mo fos skillz

https

prob punts farther than Lee also
Originally posted by 49ertheman:
can someone tell me a few occasions where a player was used wrong and went somewhere new and The coach utilized him better. besides a QB. please bc saying that harb will know how to use him is stupid. If the player is good then he can f**kin figure out how to be productive in his predicament. the dude is not good and will do nothing for us. mark my words. Harb just wanted to get one of his former fave players some money. he probably has financial problems or something.

I don't know if Ahmad Brooks was necessarily used wrong, but he definitely was not an All Pro linebacker in Cincinatti. He was cut at the end of preseason 2008 and we signed him a day later. Marshawn Lynch was nowhere near the back he is now that he was in Buffalo. Change of environment can do wonders in certain occasions.
ILB/ST depth with Moody out. That's it. That's all.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't know if Ahmad Brooks was necessarily used wrong, but he definitely was not an All Pro linebacker in Cincinatti. He was cut at the end of preseason 2008 and we signed him a day later. Marshawn Lynch was nowhere near the back he is now that he was in Buffalo. Change of environment can do wonders in certain occasions.

OK, your comment made me think differently .. because both of those players grew into good players rather than get coached into good players. I guess we could take our time with him and let our coaches do their thing but he was thrown into the starting spot in clevland, I just don't see him contributing right now. We need to concentrate on the players we had already like Quinton Patton, Baldwin, Vance, Reid, and Kendall Hunter
I dont understand the signing. I thought we would def try to pick up a D Lineman somewhere off of a scrap heap. Jimmy Tomsula can do wonders with some players. I hope he can coach up Dorsey to be the kind of talent he was drafted to be.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

OK, your comment made me think differently .. because both of those players grew into good players rather than get coached into good players. I guess we could take our time with him and let our coaches do their thing but he was thrown into the starting spot in clevland, I just don't see him contributing right now. We need to concentrate on the players we had already like Quinton Patton, Baldwin, Vance, Reid, and Kendall Hunter
both of those players were Athletic freaks though...they had potential... and Marshawn was already f'n Beast in Buffalo anyway. Seattle lucked out with that move.

I don't know what is unique about Marecic...but hey I'd rather the club be weird about their actions regarding a backup FB...rather than a Backup QB.
The FO are obsessed with these H-Back type players: 6'0", 240lbs, Physical, jack of all trades. Now we have 4 of em'.

- Bruce Miller
- Alex Debniak
- Owen Marecic
- Chris Harper
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What we can expect from Marecic, seems like Colt McCoy depended on him quite often:

problem/question

Are we benching Miller? If not which RB will sit...could Dixon of LMJ possibly be in trouble/traded?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Newly signed 49ers FB Owen Marecic should thank NT Tony Jerod-Eddie for his job.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-confidence-jerod-eddie-leads-job-marecic
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

Newly signed 49ers FB Owen Marecic should thank NT Tony Jerod-Eddie for his job.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-confidence-jerod-eddie-leads-job-marecic

well lets just hope RayMac gets healthy

I wonder if the Marecic signing is any indictment on Bruce Miller's job as a blocker on running plays? Someone isn't getting the job done somewhere because Gore doesn't have any room to run.

Frank is not the punishing runner he once was, and may have lost a step of speed, but he hasn't regressed that much. Something isn't right in Dodge.

Does the Marecic signing indicate this? Or am I reading the tea leaves incorrectly?
can someone tell me a few occasions where a player was used wrong and went somewhere new and The coach utilized him better. besides a QB. please bc saying that harb will know how to use him is stupid. If the player is good then he can f**kin figure out how to be productive in his predicament. the dude is not good and will do nothing for us. mark my words. Harb just wanted to get one of his former fave players some money. he probably has financial problems or something.

Vontae Burcifit. First round pick to undrafted dumbass, now starting LB for bengals

Marshall Faulk

Curtis Martin
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I wonder if the Marecic signing is any indictment on Bruce Miller's job as a blocker on running plays? Someone isn't getting the job done somewhere because Gore doesn't have any room to run.

Frank is not the punishing runner he once was, and may have lost a step of speed, but he hasn't regressed that much. Something isn't right in Dodge.

Does the Marecic signing indicate this? Or am I reading the tea leaves incorrectly?

there interest in marecic came before the start of the season and seems generated by harbaugh's affection for him more than anything else
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

there interest in marecic came before the start of the season and seems generated by harbaugh's affection for him more than anything else

Agreed, Harbaugh needs a hug right about now and Owen Wilson is the perfect remedy.

On a serious note though, Miller is stellar in his blocking schemes and when he gets a catchable ball from CK, he makes it...I don't fault him too much on a deep crossing pattern where he had to dive with a defender on his back.

I have little doubt Owen will be stellar on the inactive list most of the year.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Vontae Burcifit. First round pick to undrafted dumbass, now starting LB for bengals

Marshall Faulk

Curtis Martin

Chris Carter, HOF in Minny

Loser under Buddy Ryan in Phi
Share 49ersWebzone