LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

I just went back and looked at all four of Owen Marecic's drops from 2012, and all four were EASILY catchable. #49ers
dont get this move...
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm confident we will bring in a NT in the near future. Marecic can be cut at anytime to free up a roster spot. Perhaps they want to give Jerod-Eddie a shot to prove he can be the backup NT before we sign anybody. Taller than your average NT, but its all good if he can get the job done.

I think I remember Jerod-Eddie looking OK in the pre-season late in games against 2nd/3rd stringers....

Did he ever get a chance to play against first string talent? If so, did he hold up very well?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN

RT @MrSpazztic is it likely we see him on the field anytime soon? > RE: Owen Marecic ... On special teams, yes. On offense? Probably not
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont get this move...

Any chance this is primarily just a move to further improve ST?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
yeah I agree wait till the end of the week....we need DT help, and my mind is just going all over the place trying to figure this out.... so maybe we are trying to trade Dixon or Miller to a team that needs a starting/backup RB or starting FB....for their DT.

again, I don't know why else we would sign a fullback.
maybe they are trying to talk seymour into signing a cheap deal? yes you are right, i will try hard not to get to nuts about this,,, unfortunately I lack the mental toughness to follow through
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socal9er42:
Originally posted by jreff22:
dont get this move...

Any chance this is primarily just a move to further improve ST?
i think our special teams is just fine,, unless they are setting the stage for a theory floated by afrikan and that is to trade dixon for a d tackle. could be,, but again they just can not set here on game day with only dorsey. they just can not
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mindi Bach ‏@MBachCSN

New #49ers Owen Marecic says he'll back up FB Bruce Miller and take part on special teams; "I'll do everything I can to try to contribute"
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I don't get this signing, we don't need another slow fullback. We need a freaking NT, we only have Dorsey as a NT on the roster, wtf this team is turning into the Cleveland Browns real quick with all their former players signing with us.

i know we can afford seymour but i am stunned we did not at least sign a cheap free agent, we just need a body behind dorsey. maybe it is to come yet this week? i am still at setting six but getting close to 7

Yeah man, Im with you on the over-reaction scale, Im probably at a 6.5 rite now but soon Imma explode if they don't do anything about it. I know its just the beginning of the week, but if you need to bring in somebody why not do it asap so he can have a feel for the scheme and learn now instead of trying to learn it in a day or two.
LOL Now we get to see Marecic and Miller run go routes all game! Seriously IMO another fullback is the pretty low on the "team needs" list.
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Sep 17, 2013 at 5:18 PM ]

This is dumb. Why do we want him?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
why does this upset you?
Originally posted by Ballistic:
why does this upset you?

Wasted roster spot. Totally useless.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:
why does this upset you?

ummm, because we have a crying need for a back up defensive tackle behind dorsey. and we already have miller. again i am calm and maybe they are setting the stage for some sort of a trade or something to get a d lineman in here
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
I don't get this signing, we don't need another slow fullback. We need a freaking NT, we only have Dorsey as a NT on the roster, wtf this team is turning into the Cleveland Browns real quick with all their former players signing with us.

its like Harbaugh was waiting for an opportunity to sign him... we gave him a try out, but there was no room...now as soon as someone is out for the year we quickly sign him of all people?..of all positions to fill?

Did Harbaugh feel fullback is one of our issues right now? felt we could REALLY get better at that position?...to create competition? WTF?

Agreed! Well its starting to feel like Harbaugh is treating this team like a family business where you can hire your favorite nephew(s) any time you want just because your closer to him than your other nephews. It just sad that he didn't have a good relationship with Sherman and D.Baldwin, we could've use those two naughty nephews, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone