LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

The Owen Marecic Convertible MG of Specialness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
There is no point to him. Bruce Miller is faster. Where are we going to play him? And who from the 53 are we going to cut to put this guy on the roster so we can never play him? LB? No way he is going to play that on our team? Special teams? We are going to cut from the 53 just so Owen Marecic can be on the roster?

This move is rediculous and makes no sense. If he can't make the Cleveland roster what in world is he going to do on our roster?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153846-san-francisco-49ers-selects-bruce-miller-central-florida/page5/search=Bruce%20miller

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. To take a guy who was one of the best sack artists in his league and try to force him into becomming a FB. A position he never played before at any level. The guy got so many sacks for a reason... And there are OLB pass rushers his size. At least try him there first for goodness sake...

This is the type of guy the WZ faithful will gleefully call "bust" or "wasted pick" in a year or a few years. But you see we busted him! We are asking him to play something he never played before and is not comfortable with. Rather than the super productive defensive player he was. OLB pass rusher would be perfect for him. He can rush the passer and was productive at it. Try him there!

Yeah. I'm going to default to Harbaugh in evaluating fullback talent. Maybe he's going to replace Dobbs and Tukuafu in the jumbo package. Maybe he's going to play special teams. Either way, I'm not thinking it's the dumb move I've ever seen.

Hey! Accountability in the zone. I like. If there was more of that we might have some actual thoughtful debate instead of just ranting on the first thing that pops in your head.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Yeah. I'm going to default to Harbaugh in evaluating fullback talent. Maybe he's going to replace Dobbs and Tukuafu in the jumbo package. Maybe he's going to play special teams. Either way, I'm not thinking it's the dumb move I've ever seen.

Hey! Accountability in the zone. I like. If there was more of that we might have some actual thoughtful debate instead of just ranting on the first thing that pops in your head.

Yeah Tukuafu could be cut so like you said could be FB in the jumbo formations. Would also back up Miller for FB over Dixon. Would play ST. Doubt he would play LB unless it was a dire emergency. Probably can line up at HB as well.... can he play TE if need be? I'm not sure I like the signing but I'll trust Harbaugh and company to get the most of him. I know I wanted us to draft him but sounds like he didn't do to well with the Browns. Like Phoenix and others said maybe they didn't use him in the right way. Also, he can offer more than Stupar can and probably Ventrone for that matter.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Sep 1, 2013 at 8:52 AM ]
First Eric Reid

NOW THIS

Whomever Harbaugh had a man crush with during his college coaching days (especially on the recruiting trail), if available he wants on the team.
Niners and JH, or Cleveland...hmmm. Bet things go better with him here.
Originally posted by robniner:
First Eric Reid

NOW THIS

Whomever Harbaugh had a man crush with during his college coaching days (especially on the recruiting trail), if available he wants on the team.

Everyone except uncle Richard Sherman
Originally posted by ads_2006:
First Eric Reid

NOW THIS

Everyone except uncle Richard Sherman

Estranged
First Eric Reid

NOW THIS

I'm a little worried about this one though. I mean, by all accounts, Harbaugh is in LOVE with Marecic. His ability to make a rational decision on this one might be clouded because of that.

I mean, if I was the 49ers coach, and Shakira was on the waiver wire, I would put her on the 53 and not even give a s**t if she could play football. I just want her on the damn plan sitting near me.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I'm a little worried about this one though. I mean, by all accounts, Harbaugh is in LOVE with Marecic. His ability to make a rational decision on this one might be clouded because of that.

I mean, if I was the 49ers coach, and Shakira was on the waiver wire, I would put her on the 53 and not even give a s**t if she could play football. I just want her on the damn plan sitting near me.

Harbaugh likes Marecic because he was an excellent football player at Stanford, not because he likes the way he shakes that ass.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

Harbaugh likes Marecic because he was an excellent football player at Stanford, not because he likes the way he shakes that ass.

Still a good reason to like him.
There is no point to him. Bruce Miller is faster. Where are we going to play him? And who from the 53 are we going to cut to put this guy on the roster so we can never play him? LB? No way he is going to play that on our team? Special teams? We are going to cut from the 53 just so Owen Marecic can be on the roster?

This move is rediculous and makes no sense. If he can't make the Cleveland roster what in world is he going to do on our roster?

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/153846-san-francisco-49ers-selects-bruce-miller-central-florida/page5/search=Bruce%20miller

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. To take a guy who was one of the best sack artists in his league and try to force him into becomming a FB. A position he never played before at any level. The guy got so many sacks for a reason... And there are OLB pass rushers his size. At least try him there first for goodness sake...

This is the type of guy the WZ faithful will gleefully call "bust" or "wasted pick" in a year or a few years. But you see we busted him! We are asking him to play something he never played before and is not comfortable with. Rather than the super productive defensive player he was. OLB pass rusher would be perfect for him. He can rush the passer and was productive at it. Try him there!

straight up called SD out on his b******t!

Has Harbaugh signed his man-crush yet...
The more time that passes seems the less likely we are to sign him. If it isn't done on Monday I don't think it happens.
Last time our HOF coach got a man crush on a RB/FB, it didn't work out well. Remember Walsh little man-crush on Tommy Vardell... I still do.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ice49er:
I rather have Owen Marecic than Nate Stupar. Stupar only started 7 games at Penn State at OLB. Marecic started 14 games at ILB and 4 years at FB at Stanford.
If you wish to bash this move then please tell me why you want Stupar over Marecic.

by nfl standards, marecic is unathletic in space. he would be hopeless as a nfl linebacker. while he's nothing special, stupar can move in all directions better than marecic. marecic's only hope, in the nfl, is as a straight-ahead, lead blocker. he has an hard time beating defenders with his athleticism. that's the difference between college and the nfl--special athleticism.
Originally posted by xcfan:
Originally posted by Ice49er:
I rather have Owen Marecic than Nate Stupar. Stupar only started 7 games at Penn State at OLB. Marecic started 14 games at ILB and 4 years at FB at Stanford.
If you wish to bash this move then please tell me why you want Stupar over Marecic.

by nfl standards, marecic is unathletic in space. he would be hopeless as a nfl linebacker. while he's nothing special, stupar can move in all directions better than marecic. marecic's only hope, in the nfl, is as a straight-ahead, lead blocker. he has an hard time beating defenders with his athleticism. that's the difference between college and the nfl--special athleticism.

Hip flexors! Man why you looking at my a$$
Share 49ersWebzone