LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Ted Ginn Making Plays with the Panthers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 228niner:
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Not sure why we seemingly sometimes have players we don't get much out of.

Ginn looks like a legitimate receiver for Carolina, we used him as our returner, did he get a real good look at WR?

I think Hunter, LMJ and Kyle Williams fall into this category, they seem like they should help us more than they have....

Ginn got some looks at WR he didn't really produce for us consistently

Consistent ? How the hell can you be consistent when they only throw you the ball twice in 13 games ??!!
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Chris Culliver? And of course there is Marcus Cooper which we drafted at the very end of the 7th round that's turned out to be a pretty solid player. And another 7th rounder, Phillip Adams has carved out a nice career so far. I don't really see any other examples of CBs we drafted during the Baalke regime that turned out to be busts.

As for WRs, we drafted AJ Jenkins in the 1st (late), Quenton Patton in the 4th Ronald Johnson and Kyle Williams both in the 6th round. Yeah AJ Jenkins was a bust, but Quenton Patton is still an unknown, and you can't seriously hold 6th round picks against Baalke, they're sixth round picks for a reason. The fact that they struck out on Jenkins doesn't in itself mean they suck at drafting WRs!

No, it DOES mean we suck in drafting WRs actually !! There is no point living in denial, facts are facts. Stop this only late 1st round, 4th round, 6th round business. I am sick and tired of hearing such BS excuses. Don't tell me, one can only suck if they pick a bust in high 1st. It is what it is until the 9ers can prove otherwise. Oh and before Ronald Johnson it was the beloved Kyle Williams.
[ Edited by Rascal on Nov 9, 2013 at 6:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Chris Culliver? And of course there is Marcus Cooper which we drafted at the very end of the 7th round that's turned out to be a pretty solid player. And another 7th rounder, Phillip Adams has carved out a nice career so far. I don't really see any other examples of CBs we drafted during the Baalke regime that turned out to be busts.

As for WRs, we drafted AJ Jenkins in the 1st (late), Quenton Patton in the 4th Ronald Johnson and Kyle Williams both in the 6th round. Yeah AJ Jenkins was a bust, but Quenton Patton is still an unknown, and you can't seriously hold 6th round picks against Baalke, they're sixth round picks for a reason. The fact that they struck out on Jenkins doesn't in itself mean they suck at drafting WRs!

No, it DOES mean we are suck in drafting WRs actually !! There is no point living in denial, facts are facts. Stop this only late 1st round, 4th round, 6th round business. I am sick and tired of hearing such BS excuses. Don't tell me, one can only suck if they pick a bust in high 1st. It is what it is until the 9ers can prove otherwise. Oh and before Ronald Johnson it was the beloved Kyle Williams.

We do suck at drafting WR. They really should be better at it. I hate bringing up the 2012 draft class but I was hoping for Alshon Jeffrey at WR and was shocked as most of us were when I heard AJ JEnkins. WR has been a problem in our drafts.Since TO was drafted we drafted Ryan Thelwell, Tai Streets, Cedrick Wilson, Brandon Lloyd, Arnaz Battle, Rashaun Woods, Derrick Hamilton, Rasheed Marshall, Marcus Maxwell, Brandon Williams, Jason Hill, Josh Morgan, Michael Crabtree, Kyle Williams, Ronald Johnson, A.J. Jenkins and Quinton Patton. Ugh. Throwout Crabtree and Patton because Crabtree was a no brainer and we dont know what exactly we have in Patton and you see the problems there. Hey my services are offered to the team if they need help evaluating wr.lol. but seriously I think they really need to look at how they evaluate WR coming out of college.
Yeah, they've really got to get better drafting WRs. Regardless of what rounds they're choosing from, it's really no excuse that they have yet to draft one WR that has made any real impact. AJ Jenkins was a colossal bust, will be one of the biggest busts in our franchise history. Even Rashaun Woods had a better rookie season than AJ. Think about that for a minute.

I'll give them props when they draft a stud WR or at least a productive one, but until then, they've been poor and un impressive drafting in this position. Not sure if it's scouting or coaching but I'm beginning to believe both are at blame and that we need more people in BOTH areas.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Yeah, they've really got to get better drafting WRs. Regardless of what rounds they're choosing from, it's really no excuse that they have yet to draft one WR that has made any real impact. AJ Jenkins was a colossal bust, will be one of the biggest busts in our franchise history. Even Rashaun Woods had a better rookie season than AJ. Think about that for a minute.

I'll give them props when they draft a stud WR or at least a productive one, but until then, they've been poor and un impressive drafting in this position. Not sure if it's scouting or coaching but I'm beginning to believe both are at blame and that we need more people in BOTH areas.

Michael Crabtree?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Michael Crabtree?

Crab was drafted before the Baalke era.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Michael Crabtree?

Crab was drafted before the Baalke era.

and he wasn't a "targeted" pick. He fell in the 9ers' laps.
He actually looked like a WR today
Stupid fatass slowass jeri curl ass Anthony Dixon runs it out 4yards deep into the endzone and gets tackled at the ten.

I knew Ginn was going to get us today. He had like 59 yards returning or something.

The guy is a deep threat when he tries hard.
It took Carolina a few months to figure out how to incorporate Ted Ginn into the offense when this 49ers coaching staff couldn't figure it out in 2 seasons. Nothing better indicates that Morton needs to GTFO, not sure what he's drawing his paycheck for, but it certainly isn't for coaching up the WR's.

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It took Carolina a few months to figure out how to incorporate Ted Ginn into the offense when this 49ers coaching staff couldn't figure it out in 2 seasons. Nothing better indicates that Morton needs to GTFO, not sure what he's drawing his paycheck for, but it certainly isn't for coaching up the WR's.

Right on !! I was going to bring it up. John Morton sucks !! There is just simply no excuse if another team can harness so much more from the same player. Besides, it really is time to shake things up a bit. Last I want is to lose any more WRs with potential and right now it certainly is looking that way for Jon Baldwin. Fire Morton now !!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Right on !! I was going to bring it up. John Morton sucks !! There is just simply no excuse if another team can harness so much more from the same player. Besides, it really is time to shake things up a bit. Last I want is to lose any more WRs with potential and right now it certainly is looking that way for Jon Baldwin. Fire Morton now !!

I agree Morton has got to go
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Teddy's projected stat line after the season

Receptions: 41
Targets: 64
Yards: 686
Average: 16.8
Long: 47
TD: 4
First down: 30

He sure would be an ideal downfield threat as #2, we wanted to use him in bizarre ways. His projected finish is right inbetween Boldin and Kyle Williams' projected stats.

Boldin
Receptions: 73
Targets: 119
Yards: 1,020
Average: 14.0
Long: 43
TD: 4
First downs: 48

Williams
Receptions: 21
Targets: 48
Yards: 201
Average: 9.4
Long: 16
TD: 0
First downs: 9

ugh.....god we need a #2 wide out....
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Stupid fatass slowass jeri curl ass Anthony Dixon runs it out 4yards deep into the endzone and gets tackled at the ten.

I knew Ginn was going to get us today. He had like 59 yards returning or something.

And this was news to me as I don't pay that close attention to roster moves but our special teams ace, Osgood, was inactive as a healthy scratch on Sunday :(
[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Nov 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM ]
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

And this was news to me as I don't pay that close attention to roster moves but our special teams ace, Osgood, was inactive as a healthy scratch on Sunday :(

Share 49ersWebzone