There are 89 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ted Ginn Making Plays with the Panthers

They will take one or two shots deep to Ginn on Sunday guaranteed, and I hope to god we don't let him get one on us. His role is to stretch the defense and so far he's done that for Carolina. He's not all world or anything and I wont dispute that he was worthless as a WR here but I miss him on special teams. I'd have to agree he is relevant. Having said that, he'll go right back to being irrelevant at least in the eyes of 49ers fans as soon as our WR come back healthy and someone once and for all steps up as returner on ST's.

Ginn is certainly better than Williams regardless of how you feel about him. That's not really even debatable. I think he's worth his salary and then some and I've never been a big Ginn fan.
I'm gonna be pissed if he returns one on us!
I feel like our FO just continues to miss the mark on WR and CB. We keep missing on talented players.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I'm gonna be pissed if he returns one on us!

Webzone would explode.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 4everfaithful24:
I feel like our FO just continues to miss the mark on WR and CB. We keep missing on talented players.
i was not aware that our secondary was so s**tty this year. i do agree we can not draft wide outs for s**t
Ginn >>> Kyle Williams
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by cciowa:
lol trying to make ginn relevant.

Put it this way, Steve Smith is Panthers' No. 1 receiver at 387 yards in 8 games and Ted Ginn is only 20 yards behind, so I guess one could argue he is indeed relevant.
not to me. i also predict he will be no factor , zero,, as a matter of fact i am willing to say the only thing he will do sunday is to remind us of why we got rid of him. if i am wrong i will come back and own up to it
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by boast:
game of his life IMO. won't get 150 total rec yards in the entire reg season.

Guess you were wrong.

I wish we still had Ginn. It would be nice to have his return ability. Definitely would take him over Kyle Williams.
sure now you think that and that is easy. at the time it made no sense to keep him because he was a flop as a wide out(yes i realize its never the players fault,, it is always the coaches fault for not knowing how to use them),, he lost his kickoff job to james,, in regards to punts he would catch it and run five yards out of bounds(how that is the coaches fault is beyond me but thats my problem),,,, so at the time he brought nothing to the table as a wide out and did little as a return man. the team assumed kyle would fill his role. he did not, that happens and now we move forward. i know it makes some people feel better to play this game but I never "wish" we had x niners back. they are x niners for a reason . again f**k ginn, f**k his dad and that sums up what i feel about ted ginn jr.
Actually I always wanted us to keep Ginn and was always a fan of ginn. I knew he was a top return man in the league and better than anything we had. Also thought we never used him to the best of his ability as a wr. I was one of the few on this board who knew that ginn was a valuable asset on this team and appreciated him.
And he was actually a very good returner for us and beat seattle with two returns for tds. He dealt with some injuries last year which is why his play as a return man was slipping toward the end
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ginn >>> Kyle Williams

This. Should have kept Teddy. We have NO return game.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Ginn >>> Kyle Williams

This. Should have kept Teddy. We have NO return game.

You guys do understand what a cap is right?
i was not aware that our secondary was so s**tty this year. i do agree we can not draft wide outs for s**t

Our secondary is fine. I was referring to drafting and developing. We haven't drafted one receiver or corner that has done anything. The just seems to be missing it when it comes to evaluating guys.
Not sure why we seemingly sometimes have players we don't get much out of.

Ginn looks like a legitimate receiver for Carolina, we used him as our returner, did he get a real good look at WR?

I think Hunter, LMJ and Kyle Williams fall into this category, they seem like they should help us more than they have....
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Not sure why we seemingly sometimes have players we don't get much out of.

Ginn looks like a legitimate receiver for Carolina, we used him as our returner, did he get a real good look at WR?

I think Hunter, LMJ and Kyle Williams fall into this category, they seem like they should help us more than they have....

Ginn got some looks at WR he didn't really produce for us consistently