There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** WEEK 4 NFL PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD - 8/29 ***

Konrad Reuland on the Jets LOL. Hey this Matt Simms might be better than Sanchez or Geno. Oh wait, probably not.
Tavon Austin is as advertised. Dudes having a good game.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Man I wish Sean Hill was still our backup QB. He's not athletic fast or that great of an arm, he almost looks like a street bum but just gets the job done.

What? Hill is very athletic. Would be awesome to have him as backup with Daniels learning.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

I'm not watching - can you elaborate?
Ginn Jr. 5 receptions 149 yards 2 TDs. Must be healthy. Championship Carolina!
Yeah Reuland has been with the Jets since last year. see Brian Tyms is with the Dolphins, Georgio Telvechio (sp?) was with Packers until he got cut a few days ago. Mike Person is with Seattle, so was Brett Swain until he got cut the other day. Chris Maragos is still with them. Nathan Palmer was with the Colts last year not sure if he still is. QB Bethel-Thompson is with the Vikings, Josh Johnson is with Cinci, Phillip Adams is with the Raiders, Kenny Rowe with the Cardinals and Monte Simmons was with Philly now the Colts. A lot of our guys we cut caught on elsewhere although most haven't done anything. Phillip Adams might be the best of the bunch.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Ginn Jr. 5 receptions 149 yards 2 TDs. Must be healthy. Championship Carolina!

Yeah thats nearly a season's worth in one night. That plus the kick off return TD either the guy needed a change of scenery again or he's had his best games he will have all season in the pre-season. I'll wait until he does this in the regular season but hey if he does well helps with our comp picks.

As for Shaun Hill I thought we didn't do very well only getting only a 7th for him. He's one of the better backups in the league. Detroit is perfect for him, just lob the ball up there and let Johnson catch it.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by ace49ers:

I'm not watching - can you elaborate?

3 catches for 26 yards and a fumble lost.
Just saw AJ Jenkins catch a 8 yd pass. 2 plays later he dropped a 6 yd pass.
Originally posted by Jcool:

LOL!
Originally posted by cortana49:

LOL!

he was going good. . . . .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Giants announce that RB Andre Brown has a fractured leg. Terrible. In the fourth preseason game, too.
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

The #Giants announce that RB Andre Brown has a fractured leg. Terrible. In the fourth preseason game, too.

Sad thing is Coughlin left the O in extra series for underperforming. Bummer for the kid.
Originally posted by susweel:
Matt Leinart with an amazing 3 completions (10 attempts) for 11 yards and 2 INTs...

just matt being matt

Be nice to the guy. He has been back just a few days. Probably still trying to figure out uniform colors.
[ Edited by fastforward on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM ]
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
reggie mckenzie says "you know" more than a nervous school kid in front of class