There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Aaron Curry has retired.

One of the more epic busts in recent memory, I remember how this guy was the most "sure" thing in the 2009 draft. It seems like everyone in the media, all the draft prognosticators expected this guy to come into the NFL and be an absolute wrecking machine. Oops.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-04-19-aaron-curry-cover_N.htm

'Hard to find a flaw' in Aaron Curry; is he draft's safest pick?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-curry-once-fourth-pick-nfl-draft-says-162743433.html
When you get released during the first round of NFL preseason cuts, your decision to retire or keep playing has usually just been made for you. Even if you were once the fourth pick of the draft.If you can't survive the cutdown to 75 players, your chances of making a final 53-man roster in the future aren't great. It can happen, of course, but the odds are long.That made Aaron Curry's retirement announcement a couple days after the Giants cut him a little funny.
"But after an up-and-down first two seasons in Seattle, he started just 11 more games over his final three NFL seasons. Curry admitted to the New York Times that he was "selfish and self-centered" early in his career.

"I knew I could do it," Curry told the New York Times. "I knew I would do it. At the time, I wasn't motivated to do it. Football wasn't my top priority, to be honest."

Football won't be a priority at all for Curry anymore. At 27, the former fourth pick of the draft is done with football."

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/23/sports/football/giants-give-once-heralded-aaron-curry-a-chance.html
f**king pic
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Aug 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM ]
Man what an idiot. My job that will pay me millions of dollars if I do well wasn't my top priority...WTF???
He probably just plans to co author a book with Glen Coffee
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
He probably just plans to co author a book with Glen Coffee

will they parachute together
Originally posted by Some Dip-Bag Seahawks fan on ESPN.com:
He's gonna be better than Patrick Willis.

RIP Aaron Curry
$34 million guaranteed
Man what an idiot. My job that will pay me millions of dollars if I do well wasn't my top priority...WTF???

$34 mill GUARANTEED bro. That's why the old rookie payscale was all kinds of messed up.

RIP Erin's curry
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
$34 million guaranteed

that opens up a whole new world of distractions. certain people become very lazy and unprofessional when there is no pressure on them to earn their pay, and a very large group of people are somewhat affected by having tons of financial resources--you just become less inclined to face hardship and difficulty if you really don't need to.
34 million already in the bank definitely would get me thinking twice about the daily pain and injury i'm facing. but, if i was making $500,000 per game, with no guaranteed money, i'd be busting my ass every minute of the day.

the best thing for the game would be: no guaranteed money, one-year contracts (with current team having first option to sign), playmaking bonuses. winning and survival are what motivates true players, so reward that. it brings out the best in athletes.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

$34 mill GUARANTEED bro. That's why the old rookie payscale was all kinds of messed up.

Yeah I know that is a s**t ton of cash but if he played up to his potential his 2nd deal would have been insane! If he is dumb enough to pass that up he is prob dumb enough to blow that rookie deal. Lol. Thank god they put the current payscale in place, we might have owed AJ a few million more lol
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
after consulting with god
edit
[ Edited by monsterzero789 on Aug 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM ]
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home