There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson....

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Really? We were 5 yards and 4 crappy offensive play calls away from winning a 6th ring. Not sure we missed him all that much.

we were also like 10 yards away from losing to the Falcons. Point is, we might have won the SB with some margin to spare if our pass rush had been fresher.

And that could have been anyone; didn't have to be Parys. Replaceability is my point.

I don't understand your point, we obviously didn't have an adequate replacement for him last season based on the playtime of our starters. Is there a surefire player that can replace Parys for this season? I don't think that is clear.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 17,147
Unless Parys Haralson is requesting a trade for a starting position, you don't treat veterans that have accepted pay cuts, survived through the dark years, and always gave 100% on the field like that. It ruins team morale, ability to retain football players, and attract new talent in free agency.

Now if we are really trying to shed cap space to sign Iupati or someone else to an extension, then I can understand this move more. But we should not penny pinch our team's depth because it could backfire at any minute during the season.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Freeing up more money to sign Iupat, BOOK IT

Won't Haralson be an unrestricted free agent after the year though? They could extend Iupati and have the new money kick in next year.

Give Iupati a big portion of his money this year, we got guys like Kaep, Aldon and maybe Crabtree whose money will count towards the cap next year if we re-sign them

That's a good point but trading Haralson doesn't free up that much but I guess another million could make a difference.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Guess the dont remember what happened last season with all the injuries.

Keep haralason. We have no idea what shape dial and carridine are going to be in

#FireBaalke

Dial and Carradine don't play OLB, dude.


Correct.

lol
Originally posted by GEEK:
Unless Parys Haralson is requesting a trade for a starting position, you don't treat veterans that have accepted pay cuts, survived through the dark years, and always gave 100% on the field like that. It ruins team morale, ability to retain football players, and attract new talent in free agency.

Now if we are really trying to shed cap space to sign Iupati or someone else to an extension, then I can understand this move more. But we should not penny pinch our team's depth because it could backfire at any minute during the season.

Well said, I absolutely agree.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Freeing up more money to sign Iupat, BOOK IT

Won't Haralson be an unrestricted free agent after the year though? They could extend Iupati and have the new money kick in next year.

Give Iupati a big portion of his money this year, we got guys like Kaep, Aldon and maybe Crabtree whose money will count towards the cap next year if we re-sign them

That's a good point but trading Haralson doesn't free up that much but I guess another million could make a difference.

Trade Haralson, restructure Colts contract, maybe give Mcdermott the job over jennings, thats at least a couple million right there
Saints might be interested.
They gotta save as much extra where they can to help ease the s**tload they'll have to pay Kap (not to mention Iupati, Aldon, Crabtree?).
I guess this means they like what they see in Lemonier, Skuta, and Johnson
Haralson could probably start on quite a few teams imo:
SD, NO, BUF, NYJ, HOU, IND

If we could get up to a conditional 4th I'd take it.
Saves cap room and roster spot.

Haven't been too impressed with C Johnson but heard
Fangio praise him which speaks volume to me.
Very sh!tty thing to happen after you have taken a pay cut to stay with the team but Parys at his current salary should be very attractive to another team. If this is true then I expect a significant yield in return for him. Football is a business and Baalke has proven that he is all about that
Originally posted by mtminer:
Haralson could probably start on quite a few teams imo:
SD, NO, BUF, NYJ, HOU, IND

If we could get up to a conditional 4th I'd take it.
Saves cap room and roster spot.

Haven't been too impressed with C Johnson but heard
Fangio praise him which speaks volume to me.
Youth salary and upside. I figured cam Johnson would compete for a roster spot. Cam has more good seasons left in him than Parts has perhaps
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Very sh!tty thing to happen after you have taken a pay cut to stay with the team but Parys at his current salary should be very attractive to another team. If this is true then I expect a significant yield in return for him. Football is a business and Baalke has proven that he is all about that

maybe not... if he can be a starter elsewhere, then that's what he's going to want to do, right?!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Freeing up more money to sign Iupat, BOOK IT

Won't Haralson be an unrestricted free agent after the year though? They could extend Iupati and have the new money kick in next year.

Give Iupati a big portion of his money this year, we got guys like Kaep, Aldon and maybe Crabtree whose money will count towards the cap next year if we re-sign them

That's a good point but trading Haralson doesn't free up that much but I guess another million could make a difference.

Trade Haralson, restructure Colts contract, maybe give Mcdermott the job over jennings, thats at least a couple million right there

All valrod points. You have an answer to everything don't ya smartass?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Freeing up more money to sign Iupat, BOOK IT

Won't Haralson be an unrestricted free agent after the year though? They could extend Iupati and have the new money kick in next year.

Give Iupati a big portion of his money this year, we got guys like Kaep, Aldon and maybe Crabtree whose money will count towards the cap next year if we re-sign them

That's a good point but trading Haralson doesn't free up that much but I guess another million could make a difference.

Trade Haralson, restructure Colts contract, maybe give Mcdermott the job over jennings, thats at least a couple million right there

All valrod points. You have an answer to everything don't ya smartass?