There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson....

Originally posted by SoCold:
what makes you think a guy who's going to get cut is quality backup?

Its a numbers game. We have the young guys on the roster now that obviously the coaches feel can handle the backup duties. It doesn't mean Haralson isn't a quality player or that he was certainly going to be cut.
^^ One of the unfortunate outcomes of having limits to the roster...you have to save some developmental players over vets who don't start. If the talent level is close they have to go with the young guy...particularly if the young guy would be snapped up by another team.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Aug 27, 2013 at 7:14 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerG94:

Its a numbers game. We have the young guys on the roster now that obviously the coaches feel can handle the backup duties. It doesn't mean Haralson isn't a quality player or that he was certainly going to be cut.

When you trade players you were gonna cut you get conditional 7th round picks. If Haralson doesnt make the Saints we dont get a pick, That says a whole lot about what the Niners thought about Haralson

yeah cause you're at practice every day seeing how much he's been playing with the 3rd sting D

Fact, team beats have said he is not getting the reps
Fact, team beats said he's prob a odd man out

lol talkin bout backups
Originally posted by valrod33:
When you trade players you were gonna cut you get conditional 7th round picks. If Haralson doesnt make the Saints we dont get a pick, That says a whole lot about what the Niners thought about Haralson

That was just a courtesy. I think the chances of Parys not making their roster is about 5%.
yeah cause you're at practice every day seeing how much he's been playing with the 3rd sting D

lol talkin bout backups

Yeah and you aren't there either chief!!! That was my fing point. You have no idea what you're talking about. Obviously the 49ers thought enough of Haralson to trade him. I agree with the move. I just disagree with people saying he's being traded because he's not a quality player. That's total BS.
So what did we get in return?

lol talkin bout backups

Yeah and you aren't there either chief!!! That was my fing point. You have no idea what you're talking about. Obviously the 49ers thought enough of Haralson to trade him. I agree with the move. I just disagree with people saying he's being traded because he's not a quality player. That's total BS.
Just posting what the team beat writers have said. Never said I was.
Agreed.
The pick means nothing it was to get out of his contract, they might not even get the pick
Agreed.
LOL
I don't really care who the 3rd string OLB is going to be handing Aldon his water bottle after his 5th sack of the game
Originally posted by Chief:
Don't know yet, if he makes the Saints roster it's a 7th round pick.

Basically to clear the 9ers of his contract and move on.

A conditional 7th round pick, If Haralson makes the Saints we get a 7th round pick if he doesnt we get nothing

A conditional 7th round pick, If Haralson makes the Saints we get a 7th round pick if he doesnt we get nothing

I love you.

I love you.

You just say that to get in my pants

I love you.

You just say that to get in my pants

Saved cap room? Traded a player who would likely be released? They like Cam Johnson, Skuta and Lemonier? Lots of reasons for this.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Saved cap room? Traded a player who would likely be released? They like Cam Johnson, Skuta and Lemonier? Lots of reasons for this.

AND SPECIAL TEAMS!!! For Jeebus' sake!! SPECIAL TEAMS!!!