There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson....

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'm confused. Since when was Parys Haralson this impact pass rusher that would have solved our pass rushing woes late last season when Aldon and Justin got hurt? HE'S NOT. That's why we drafted Lemonier, and you can actually see his pass rush ability pop off your TV screen. No way is Parys a better situational pass rusher than Corey, and no way is he a better ST player than Skuta. Parys was an extra body with no clear role. That's why he was traded.

He ain't a pass rusher like Aldon, but he is a way better run stuffer and plays better pass coverage than either Aldon or Brooks...why do you think they used him the way they did in 2011? Lemonior is just learning the OLB position, no don't he has more talent than Parys, but Parys has experience along with good play making ability....Skuta could have been saved to the PS this year.

He's not a better run stuffer than Aldon. Maybe in 2011, but not in 2012. That's why Aldon had the full-time starting role last year. Aldon has far more range against the run, it was just a matter of getting the technique and experience. And Parys was NEVER good in pass coverage.

We didn't need additional run-stuffing last year. We needed additional pass rush, and Parys doesn't provide enough of that. That's why we got Lemonier. He'll be far more effective in a reserve role than Parys.

Please...that's not the case at all...won't ever know because Parys was hurt all year last year.

Yeah we needed more run stuffing and we needed depth at OLB with Parys gone. Like Ive said Lemonior is a future stud....but Parys is better right now...for this year anyway. And way better than the webzone hero Skuta.

Here's the thing...if you're asking who I'd rather START and play all 3 downs, Haralson or Lemonier, then I'd choose Haralson because of his experience. But Haralson is not starting. It's more effective to have backups who excel in specific roles (3rd down backs, situational pass rushers, kick/punt returners, special teams)

For a situational pass rusher, I'd rather have Lemonier

For a special teams ace, I'd rather have Skuta

I've never heard of a reserve OLB role for situational run stuffers. That's useless and a waste of a roster spot.

Parys basically had no value unless Aldon or Ahmad had to miss substantial number of games. Even though Aldon got hurt last year, he missed no games, and there was no way we would have took him off the field even if Parys were healthy.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Originally posted by jreff22:
Would've liked to see him get a ring with us but what's done is done. Wish him well and hope that draft pick is a good one.

Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Matt Maiocco ✔ @MaioccoCSN The Haralson trade/salary dump is a business decision made with an eye toward the big contract(s) that the 49ers know are coming.Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/174335-haralson/page48/#tXhdkf2GeeGc78eG.99

This is what I'm most interested in concerning this trade. If one of the main reasons we dumped Haralson was to free up $ to extend Iupati (we can't work on extensions for Kap or Aldon until after this season, I believe, due to the new CBA), I'm all for it - plus, we gain a 7th rounder to add more talent, package in a trade, etc.

They can carry the cap space forward and roll it over to next season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/new-cba-gives-teams-the-right-to-carry-over-cap-space-automatically/
"Also remember that the Niners have extremely high expectations for their LBs.. We don't.. So their worst LB can be our best LB. Its kinda sad, but true."

looks like at least one saints fan is in touch with reality lol
Originally posted by Disp:
They can carry the cap space forward and roll it over to next season

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/12/new-cba-gives-teams-the-right-to-carry-over-cap-space-automatically/

Yep, but I wouldn't mind them extending Iupati now to keep our dominating guard and O-Line together before we get to Kap, Aldon, and Crabtree.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
"Also remember that the Niners have extremely high expectations for their LBs.. We don't.. So their worst LB can be our best LB. Its kinda sad, but true."

looks like at least one saints fan is in touch with reality lol

LOL. That's both sad and incredibly satisfying to hear.
Guess we're drinking the lemonaide
Also, I hope the below from Eric Branch turns out to be true:

Eric Branch‏@Eric_Branch1h Don't know this, but wonder if trade of Parys Haralson offers evidence #49ers don't think OLB Ahmad Brooks will be suspended.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM ]
For people upset we got a seventh....

Teams are breaking down doors for a guy who hasn't played since 2011.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
Guess we're drinking the lemonaide

When it comes to this team and LBs why not? We have no reason to question that group of players. Best LB corp in the league. Why question decisions made in regards to talent evaluation at those spots? How long has it been since this team had a swing and a miss ala Jenkins when taliing LBs?
I, for one, am dissapointed. Please correct me if I am wrong, but a 7th round draft pick is essentially garbage. And Haralson is playing very well and may have been useful down the stretch.
The saints made out on this one . Parys == will smith . They will experience little to no drop off after a starter went down for the price of a seventh. Suprised Balke didn't milk em for more...... But we were gonna release him ... I guess ... The mighty scuta???
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:
I, for one, am dissapointed. Please correct me if I am wrong, but a 7th round draft pick is essentially garbage. And Haralson is playing very well and may have been useful down the stretch.

BJ Daniels
Bruce Miller
Ricky Jean-Francois
Larry Grant
Eric Heitmann
Eric Johnson
Brian Jennings

You never know what you can get for a 7th. No draft choice is garbage. The more darts you have to throw, the greater your odds are of hitting a bullseye.
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
Also, I hope the below from Eric Branch turns out to be true:

Eric Branch‏@Eric_Branch1h Don't know this, but wonder if trade of Parys Haralson offers evidence #49ers don't think OLB Ahmad Brooks will be suspended.

I see no reason why Brooks would be suspended. League would have already announced it if they were going to.
Originally posted by Wisconsin49erfan:

So youd rather cut him outright and get nothing? Also talent can be found in 7 and it can be packaged and traded to get the guy they want. Also hou migbt want to look around the league at how many 7s and undrafteds are not only on a 53 man roster but starters to boot.