LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Haralson....

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by olapac:
Does this mean the team feels comfortable that Brooks won't be suspended for any length of time? If he's suspended and Harolson is traded, are we really ok playing against GB with Aldon and Skuta/Lemonier combination for all of the OLB snaps?

I had not considered the possibility of Brooks being suspended.

When is the trade deadline?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we should keep him

Yep.
I don't understand, he's going to see the field assuming we rotate in players to keep them fresher, something we failed to do last year as our defense wore down the stretch
Saints just lost Will Smith for the year. They might be desperate enough to send us a 4 or 5.
First reaction to the thought of trading/releasing a vet is usually:

More often than not the results are:

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we should keep him

Yep.

Too much money for a backup.
Originally posted by olapac:
Does this mean the team feels comfortable that Brooks won't be suspended for any length of time? If he's suspended and Harolson is traded, are we really ok playing against GB with Aldon and Skuta/Lemonier combination for all of the OLB snaps?

im down with aldon and lemonaid. aaron and the midget will be running for their lives and getting snuffed out all day
I think some are underestimating how big of a loss he was for us last year granted Haggans wasn't good depth. Although if we would trade him I like Lemonier and Skuta but just not sure it's worth a 6th or 7th. I think we need him this year and I'd rather not have to have Lemonier start if someone would get hurt. Hopefully we dont get too cute and kick ourselves later for getting a 7th round pick for a guy we didn't think we needed. Kind of like Colin Jones who we could have used last year.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM ]
I think going with a cheaper alternative frees up more money to extend our own free agents before they hit free agency. If the coaches and FO believe the Lemonier or Skuta would be solid backups then it is a smart idea to try to get something for Parys while at the same time freeing up some money.
[ Edited by cory4903 on Aug 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Not a fan of the idea. If Brooks or Aldon go down Haralson provides valuable experience to step in immediately.

Well, even though I like Haralson, he is probably gonna get the most value. Here's what we have:

Starters: Aldon Smith/Ahmad Brooks

Back ups: Corey Lemonier, Dan Skuta, Parys Haralson, Cam Johnson

Just b/c they are shopping Haralson doesn't mean they'll trade him, but he is a luxury who won't play special teams like the other 3 OLBs and he has a proven track record who can get higher return value-wise.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
I think some are underestimating how big of a loss he was for us last year granted Haggans wasn't good depth. Although if we would trade him I like Lemonier and Skuta but just not sure it's worth a 6th or 7th. I think we need him this year and I'd rather not have to have Lemonier start if someone would get hurt. Hopefully we dont get too cute and kick ourselves later for getting a 7th round pick for a guy we didn't think we needed. Kind of like Colin Jones who we could have used last year.

Really? We were 5 yards and 4 crappy offensive play calls away from winning a 6th ring. Not sure we missed him all that much.
I wonder who Seattle is shopping?
Originally posted by cory4903:
I think going with a cheaper alternative frees up more money to extend our own free agents before they hit free agency. If the coaches and FO believe the Lemonier or Skuta would be solid backups then it is a smart idea to try to get something for Parys while at the same time freeing up some money.

I believe he is making 1.3 and if we would trade him think the next team would take on his salary. Lemonier is probably making half that on his rookie salary. 600k or so isn't that much to put towards extending guys. We could extend Iupati with the 6.x million we have right now.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by cory4903:

I believe he is making 1.3 and if we would trade him think the next team would take on his salary. Lemonier is probably making half that on his rookie salary. 600k or so isn't that much to put towards extending guys. We could extend Iupati with the 6.x million we have right now.

I thought Haralson took a pay cut putting him under $1M?
Share 49ersWebzone