There are 156 users in the forums

Haralson....

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
After how thin we became at OLB towards the end of last year, I'd much rather keep Haralson. I really don't want to end up having to sign a Clark Haggans or Eric Bakhtiari again.

Yup I'm with you, keep Haralson, no more signing wash ups from the street. And this is from someone that wanted to see the 9ers trade him since 2011.

So...if you keep 5 OLBs, where do you cut instead?

Go with 5 WRs to start the season instead of 6. Keep the 5th OLB, which I think we can get away with due to the special teams value of Lemonier and Skuta.

I'd rather not keep 6 WRs given that 2 of them are gonna have to go once Crab and Mario return anyway.

We could also keep 3 ILBs (Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite) given Skuta's past experience there. Not sure if he's taken any reps inside this camp, though.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I was wondering what they were gonna do at OLB....

They have to keep Lemonier and probably want to keep Skuta for ST....so you probably don't keep 5 OLBs.

Skuta has also played pretty well, this might be trying to maximize Haralsons trade value as well as a cap move? Better get at least a 3rd for him.

For an 8 year-veteran who didn't play last year and has only averaged 3.5 sacks the 3 years prior?

Not going to happen.

This...I'm looking at 4th-6th rounder.

A third is high, I'll agree but if its a lower round it would be better to keep him on the team. A 4th or 5th is allot more likely.

If we get a 6th round pick for Haralson I'll be dancing the jig. He's just not that valuable at this stage of his career.
I guess I'm a little worried about him because he adds quality depth. I know Skuta has ST value, but Haralson seems like a much more solid OLB to me than Skuta. The question in my mind is whether Lemonier is really as good as he seems to be. He's looked damn good to me.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I'm a little worried about him because he adds quality depth. I know Skuta has ST value, but Haralson seems like a much more solid OLB to me than Skuta. The question in my mind is whether Lemonier is really as good as he seems to be. He's looked damn good to me.

Lemonier has looked really good, but you can never have enough quality depth. The more I think about it, I think we should do this...

OLB- Aldon, Ahmad Brooks, Haralson, Lemonier, Skuta (OLB/ILB?)
ILB- Willis, Bowman, Wilhoite

PS- Moody, Cam Johnson
  • buck
  • Veteran
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Parys Haralson
Corey Lemonier
Cam Johnson
Dan Skuta

Perhaps, we have enough good depth to trade Haralson.

Haralson might want a chance to start. He will be a free agent next year, so starting could enhance his market value.

He certainly has the skills to earn a starting job on another team.

I wonder what the market value in draft picks is for a starting quality 3-4 outside linebacker.

I would trade him outside the conference for a 3rd round pick, maybe a fourth.

Have to look to the future.
"Like two goats in a pepper patch!"
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I was wondering what they were gonna do at OLB....

They have to keep Lemonier and probably want to keep Skuta for ST....so you probably don't keep 5 OLBs.

Skuta has also played pretty well, this might be trying to maximize Haralsons trade value as well as a cap move? Better get at least a 3rd for him.

For an 8 year-veteran who didn't play last year and has only averaged 3.5 sacks the 3 years prior?

Not going to happen.

This...I'm looking at 4th-6th rounder.

A third is high, I'll agree but if its a lower round it would be better to keep him on the team. A 4th or 5th is allot more likely.

Yes...but the problem at that point isn't compensation...its the roster spot. Who do you cut to keep the spot for Haralson?
Originally posted by curtyniner:

LOL.

Not sure how many peeps will get that.
we should keep him
I called Baalke and told him not to do this trade and he hung up on me.

Trade him, let Lemonier and Skuta play, both are as good as Haralson, who has slown down. Not best pass rusher anymore. Plus we could keep an extra DB, WR or Cam Johnson.
He's a starter on a lot of teams. I don't understand why the 49ers would wait so long before shopping him though if it was to see if he could get a starting spot somewhere. With how well he's playing this preseason I see no reason not to put his name out there at the very least. He's gone at the end of the season anyway.
Originally posted by curtyniner:

LOL.

Not sure how many peeps will get that.

Isn't that the way Haralson described the feeling of wearing contact lenses?
Not a fan of replacing a vet with a rookie right now...not to mention depth will be key this year.
I'd rather keep him at the little he is making. Bet they are happy with how Lemonier is doing and also think Skuta and Johnson would make it if Haralson was traded. I wouldn't get rid of him for any less than like a late 3rd, maybe high 4th, sounds high but you guys seen how much we missed him last year. Luckily if we trade him we would have Lemonier and Skuta (possibly Johnson too) instead of Haggans. I'm sorry guys to me he is much more valuable then a 6th or whatever we would get. Those who want him gone must have missed last season.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Aug 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone