There are 116 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson....

  • Disp
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,454
It's probably a combination of roster space, him being redundant with the other players at the position we have, and the chance to get a future pick for someone we don't need.
Originally posted by Disp:
It's probably a combination of roster space, him being redundant with the other players at the position we have, and the chance to get a future pick for someone we don't need.

If Carradine and/or Dial were healthy, then they might have been able to keep more linebackers while dumping Tukuafu.
STUPID MOVE. Don't do it. Sometimes, I don't know about this team.....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
STUPID MOVE. Don't do it. Sometimes, I don't know about this team.....

Sell high (maybe another draft pick next year?) on Haralson and see what Corey can do.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,327
The team must feel pretty good about Cam Johnson to be doing this.
I thought Haralson looked really good this preseason, almost better then Ahmad Brooks in my opinion..I think it would be a mistake to let him go rightnow..we need to find a way to keep him.. I honestly don't think Cam Johnson has looked all that good..he's decent versus the run but that really it. Baalke needs to Keep Haralson on this team!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
STUPID MOVE. Don't do it. Sometimes, I don't know about this team.....

every time you post something i think of the fat girl thread
This is smart Skuta and lemonier have shown to be capable back ups with more utility and upside respectively. I like Paris, but he is a roster spot we need, probably wants to start and would be lost next year for nothing....if we get no bites then we try to keep him on the 53 as best we can...3 back up OLBs will be tough.
I always trade Parrys in Madden. And Madden 25 releases tonight. Weird.

I usually trade for Stephen Hill from the Jets or 2nd round draft pick.
I was pissed when I heard the news earlier this morning. But his value is pretty high right now. Haralson is better than Aldon, and most LBs in this league, against the run...and Haralson can rush the passer.

I think after Denver lost Drumerville to the Ravens with that contract mistake, and lost Von Miller for the half of the season... they would be on the top of the list of teams asking about him.

the reason I think the 9ers would want to do it now is because Parys is obviously on the last year of his contract...and he will get paid much much more going to different team...so I don't we will resign him. SO if you are going to lose him anyway, and you have this young draft pick that has showed potential who will for sure be on this team....well then you want this draft pick to get as much reps as possible through out the season and practice.

slippery slope though...if we are trying to win a SuperBowl this year should we take that chance? Will a 4th round pick be worth it? (I don't think a team will give more, even though imo he is worth it)

its tough, but I'd like for us to keep him...and worry about the draft later...there is a point where you have make an exception on the penny pinching.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I always trade Parrys in Madden. And Madden 25 releases tonight. Weird.

I usually trade for Stephen Hill from the Jets or 2nd round draft pick.

The Saints could use his with Will Smith missing the season.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:Probably wouldn't get more than a 4th or 5th rounder. I wouldn't call that decent return.

So you don't think a 4'th or 5'th for a backup player who will leave in FA next year regardless is an awesome deal? Think of it like us trading 1 season of backup OLB from Haralson for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton. Sound better now? I think a late 5'th or 6'th would be much more likely though, and really doubt someone would trade a 4'th for him.

No I don't. It's more about saving the cap space. Why not dump somebody like Tukuafu instead? He's not a good lead blocker or a decent D-lineman. Waste of a roster spot.


Its not about the $$$$ or the cap space. They just saved 1 mil on McCoy. Haralson has a very small contract to begin with because he renegotiated in the off-season.

This has to do with how many OLBs they want to keep. Its the ROSTER SPOT. If they keep Haralson they most likely have to let Skuta or Lemonier go. Haralson is arguably better than those 2 right now but Skuta plays special teams and Lemonier has much more potential...and youth.

Tukuafu....DE is not nearly as deep a position with both Carradine and Dial not contributing.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I was pissed when I heard the news earlier this morning. But his value is pretty high right now. Haralson is better than Aldon, and most LBs in this league, against the run...and Haralson can rush the passer.

I think after Denver lost Drumerville to the Ravens with that contract mistake, and lost Von Miller for the half of the season... they would be on the top of the list of teams asking about him.

the reason I think the 9ers would want to do it now is because Parys is obviously on the last year of his contract...and he will get paid much much more going to different team...so I don't we will resign him. SO if you are going to lose him anyway, and you have this young draft pick that has showed potential who will for sure be on this team....well then you want this draft pick to get as much reps as possible through out the season and practice.

slippery slope though...if we are trying to win a SuperBowl this year should we take that chance? Will a 4th round pick be worth it? (I don't think a team will give more, even though imo he is worth it)

its tough, but I'd like for us to keep him...and worry about the draft later...there is a point where you have make an exception on the penny pinching.

Are we talking about the same Parys Haralson????
Originally posted by Afrikan:
I was pissed when I heard the news earlier this morning. But his value is pretty high right now. Haralson is better than Aldon, and most LBs in this league, against the run...and Haralson can rush the passer.

I think after Denver lost Drumerville to the Ravens with that contract mistake, and lost Von Miller for the half of the season... they would be on the top of the list of teams asking about him.

the reason I think the 9ers would want to do it now is because Parys is obviously on the last year of his contract...and he will get paid much much more going to different team...so I don't we will resign him. SO if you are going to lose him anyway, and you have this young draft pick that has showed potential who will for sure be on this team....well then you want this draft pick to get as much reps as possible through out the season and practice.

slippery slope though...if we are trying to win a SuperBowl this year should we take that chance? Will a 4th round pick be worth it? (I don't think a team will give more, even though imo he is worth it)

its tough, but I'd like for us to keep him...and worry about the draft later...there is a point where you have make an exception on the penny pinching.

It's not penny pinching though...he is already paid for....they just need to find roster spots in places where we have redundancies.