There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Haralson....

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yup I'm with you, keep Haralson, no more signing wash ups from the street. And this is from someone that wanted to see the 9ers trade him since 2011.

We lose the SB due to lack-of-depth-in-the-front-7, he has been looking quite good and trade bait?? Why??
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,694
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yup I'm with you, keep Haralson, no more signing wash ups from the street. And this is from someone that wanted to see the 9ers trade him since 2011.

We lose the SB due to lack-of-depth-in-the-front-7, he has been looking quite good and trade bait?? Why??

Changed my mind on another reply in this thread Joe....keep reading.
Haralson just got back from an injury. He might be washed up also...

Lemonaid. We got Lemonaid
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Good point, I also wouldn't mind giving Cam Johnson a shot.

...ok I change my mind I hope he gets traded.

I use you to make my point and you switch perspectives? Teach me for not reading whole thread.
OK ... Just don't weaken the defense. I can't bare to give up 28 points in 31 minutes AGAIN ...when when the other 5 SB teams never gave up more than 26 pts in 60 minutes.
Didn't he already take a substantial pay cut to stay on the team?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 31,694
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Good point, I also wouldn't mind giving Cam Johnson a shot.

...ok I change my mind I hope he gets traded.

I use you to make my point and you switch perspectives? Teach me for not reading whole thread.

lol.

Been so high on Lemonier, I forgot all about Johnson shinning all this time. I'm always in favor of seeing the young players get a shot. Haralson, would be good to keep, but with his age I'm sure they wouldn't hold onto him too long. I was just thinking about Haralson for this year anyway.
Like to keep him, but if we can get something decent for him I am all for trading him!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,051
Overrated.
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Didn't he already take a substantial pay cut to stay on the team?

Yep
Originally posted by tohara3:
Like to keep him, but if we can get something decent for him I am all for trading him!

Probably wouldn't get more than a 4th or 5th rounder. I wouldn't call that decent return.
Remember, Fangio (who never raves about a player) said he loved Johnson and felt he'd make the team (paraphrasing). I originally thought Cam could bump Haralson off the roster b/c he is younger and may have more natural pass rush and drop-back skills (upside). But I didn't account for Skuta. Right now I still have 5 OLB's and I'm wondering if Cam IS going to push Haralson off the roster.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM ]
Originally posted by SoCal9er:Probably wouldn't get more than a 4th or 5th rounder. I wouldn't call that decent return.

So you don't think a 4'th or 5'th for a backup player who will leave in FA next year regardless is an awesome deal? Think of it like us trading 1 season of backup OLB from Haralson for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton. Sound better now? I think a late 5'th or 6'th would be much more likely though, and really doubt someone would trade a 4'th for him.
[ Edited by Disp on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:Probably wouldn't get more than a 4th or 5th rounder. I wouldn't call that decent return.

So you don't think a 4'th or 5'th for a backup player who will leave in FA next year regardless is an awesome deal? Think of it like us trading 1 season of backup OLB from Haralson for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton. Sound better now? I think a late 5'th or 6'th would be much more likely though, and really doubt someone would trade a 4'th for him.

We are releasing him if he doesn't get traded, so anything in return would be decent. I say 6th rounder is most likely.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:Probably wouldn't get more than a 4th or 5th rounder. I wouldn't call that decent return.

So you don't think a 4'th or 5'th for a backup player who will leave in FA next year regardless is an awesome deal? Think of it like us trading 1 season of backup OLB from Haralson for Marcus Lattimore or Quinton Patton. Sound better now? I think a late 5'th or 6'th would be much more likely though, and really doubt someone would trade a 4'th for him.

No I don't. It's more about saving the cap space. Why not dump somebody like Tukuafu instead? He's not a good lead blocker or a decent D-lineman. Waste of a roster spot.