There are 214 users in the forums

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

Shop 49ers game tickets

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Interesting article I came across. It's about time IMO

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2506263-directv-sued-regarding-nfl-sunday-ticket-latest-details-comments-reaction?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

not going to happen....nor should it

You work for Directv?
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Interesting article I came across. It's about time IMO

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2506263-directv-sued-regarding-nfl-sunday-ticket-latest-details-comments-reaction?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

not going to happen....nor should it

You work for Directv?

No but it's a service, that's like sueing direct tv because you only want one channel

It's the whole Chris rock...how much is it for one rib..not one order..just one rib
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
ya, that ain't happening.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
ya, that ain't happening.

I live in DFW so to watch the Niners its worth it to me without a second thought
Originally posted by kam_niners1:
I live in Vancouver, BC now, its def worth it!

Are you getting Sunday Ticket or just NFL Game Pass, though?

If you have your TV hooked up to a comp and live in Canada you're spending $250 Canadian ($200 US) rather than $350 US for the exact same thing.

(I moved from the U.S. to Canada a couple years ago).

EDIT: originally wrote "computer hooked up to a comp", not "TV hooked up to a comp" :)
[ Edited by PopeyeJonesing on Jun 26, 2015 at 6:22 AM ]
No but it's a service, that's like sueing direct tv because you only want one channel

It's the whole Chris rock...how much is it for one rib..not one order..just one rib

LOL. Great comparison, and exactly right.
If you currently have Directv and when football season gets near you call and threaten to cancel your service they will give it to you for free. I have done this for at least the last 5 years straight.
of course it is worth it.. i mean as a football fan i watch every snap of every 49ers game however i need to know if the shecockf**kbuckets are winning and the cockinals and lambs as well
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tonysmith11:
If you currently have Directv and when football season gets near you call and threaten to cancel your service they will give it to you for free. I have done this for at least the last 5 years straight.

What reason do you use for cancellation?
So if I want grape flavored pop tarts I can sue Kellogs?

Originally posted by Stevec9932:
of course it is worth it.. i mean as a football fan i watch every snap of every 49ers game however i need to know if the shecockf**kbuckets are winning and the cockinals and lambs as well

I buy the Ticket for the 49ers first and foremost, but also I watch the 1PM games, since I'm east coast, and we aren't on till 4PM, and I can't stand the Giants, Jets, Pats, and Cowboys on every week local, so it's worth it to me.
We had Direct for two years. I like it much better than than Dish. But, the Direct bills kept getting bigger and bigger. The first year it was affordable and we had Ticket free. The next year we threatened to leave and got it free again. The third year, they wouldn't even negotiate. In fact, they were pricks about it. It was absolutely great to watch every 49ers game for two years. I live in the Midwest and have never had that before. Now I'm lucky to get 4-5 games. I can't see how the Fed doesn't see the NFL providing exclusive coverage of games played in publicly financed stadiums for what was a tax exempt league. Yes, I know its money driven. I get that. I would have no problems paying for just 49ers games ($100 would be right to me), but I have no interest in the other games. I think Direct is ignorant for turning customers like me away, yet when you have a monopoly why would you care I guess? So, I'm stuck listening to games which is ok, but not the same. I'm interested in hearing about other free streams. Could someone get me some info?
Originally posted by 909er:
Originally posted by tonysmith11:

What reason do you use for cancellation?
my future kids need to eat !
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

It isn't a great comparison, because Directv has a monopoly on Sunday ticket. They don't have a monopoly on tv networks, so they can choose packages to offer, and consumer demand and competition will keep them honest. When no one else can offer Sunday Ticket, there is no competition to keep them from ripping off customers. They can argue that they offer a decent value for the number of games they provide, but the value isn't there for a customer that has no desire to watch the extra games. They are being forced to accept lesser value because there is no other company that can allow them to watch all of their team's games. That's supposed to be illegal. We'll see if the courts care.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

It isn't a great comparison, because Directv has a monopoly on Sunday ticket. They don't have a monopoly on tv networks, so they can choose packages to offer, and consumer demand and competition will keep them honest. When no one else can offer Sunday Ticket, there is no competition to keep them from ripping off customers. They can argue that they offer a decent value for the number of games they provide, but the value isn't there for a customer that has no desire to watch the extra games. They are being forced to accept lesser value because there is no other company that can allow them to watch all of their team's games. That's supposed to be illegal. We'll see if the courts care.

So your saying right now I don't have to pay for the lowest basic dtv service I can just pay for one channel at a really low price since they don't have control of the networks ?

The NFL not direct tv are the ones that came up with the packages, just like mlb and nba. You don't see those leagues selling individual specific team packages...plus dtv is just the higher bidder for the NFL ticket

The reason it's high because of profit sharing and its the easiest way for the NFL is selling all teams..without losing money because one team is selling more..which could cause legal action that the team selling more individual packages should get more of a % of the cash since people want to watch more of their team.

With all that said, it's more NFL than direct tv
Share 49ersWebzone