There are 209 users in the forums

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

Shop 49ers game tickets

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

Being a Niner fan in Texas its definitely a must, if not I'm stuck watching the Cowgirls or Texans, no thanks, bad enough I have to hear them talk about how much Romo sucks all week. So its a must for sure.
Damn how can I get the niner games in va w/o streaming or ST
Originally posted by VA49erFaithful:
Damn how can I get the niner games in va w/o streaming or ST

Go to the sports bar. Geez, I don't get questions like these. I haven't missed a Niner game in 6-7 years unless emergency, and Im in Florida. The game is available. Media is everywhere. ST is free if you know how to work the sales dept on the phone
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Aug 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerPride365:
If you have been a customer for 10 years, you should get it for AT LEAST half off, if not for free completely.

Call DirecTV and tell them you want to cancel because you can't afford the ticket anymore and your wife/gf wants the hopper from Dish. Make sure you are talking to the RETENTION department... They will probably not only give you the ticket for free, but probably throw in some "loyalty" discounts to boot.

I haven't paid for the ticket in 3 years so I know what I'm talking about.

And you can thank me later.....

been doing this for three years too lol
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
NFL Sunday ticket has been worth it for me the last two years. That's for sure.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I always get it, I probably get 8 games here on local between FOX, CBS, ESPN, NBC and NFLN. Maybe a few more depending on the NBCs flex schedule.

I hope they dont change providers, I love my DTV. Never have a problem, I beg the NFL to do it for every provider and not only Google Online. I hate that idea. We shouldn't have to pay full price of the TV version for just online. I dont think it's fair for people who dont have a HDTV, and they may make it so you have to watch online. If not, can people really afford 350 for the online version, which is what DTV charges for online only for people without directv.

I beg the NFL keeps it on at least DTV, I am not in the mood to change providers. I get everything I want, great service, and prices are great for me. I cant imagine paying 350 in one payment for ST, I pay monthly, which helps out a ton, with bills being so high now a days, between Internet, TV, Phones(Cell and Home), Power Bills, etc... Not fair, and I think fans should have a real say on this.

I hate the idea as well.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Nope. I stream anything I can't get OTA.
Of course it's worth it, every game. s**t who ever says no is a cheap as b*****d. Had it for over 10 years.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I always get it, I probably get 8 games here on local between FOX, CBS, ESPN, NBC and NFLN. Maybe a few more depending on the NBCs flex schedule.

I hope they dont change providers, I love my DTV. Never have a problem, I beg the NFL to do it for every provider and not only Google Online. I hate that idea. We shouldn't have to pay full price of the TV version for just online. I dont think it's fair for people who dont have a HDTV, and they may make it so you have to watch online. If not, can people really afford 350 for the online version, which is what DTV charges for online only for people without directv.

I beg the NFL keeps it on at least DTV, I am not in the mood to change providers. I get everything I want, great service, and prices are great for me. I cant imagine paying 350 in one payment for ST, I pay monthly, which helps out a ton, with bills being so high now a days, between Internet, TV, Phones(Cell and Home), Power Bills, etc... Not fair, and I think fans should have a real say on this.

I hate the idea as well.

exactly. I was watching the preseason live the other night, I have fast speed internet from TWC, and it went good, then went down to one bar, grainy, couldn't see it, just friggin closed it out. This is why streaming is not the way, I want to watch via TV, DirecTV, lets all providers have it, stop being selfish NFL. Let the fans have a voice.

Also when changing channels on NFL ST, it is better on TV, when on To Go, there is buffering, and then you need a good/great computer, just to run it. At least 2.3 ghz processor. Good video card. I have a 2.7 ish ghz processor, i5 core, 2GB Dedicated Radeon 7670M video card, 750GB HDD, and 6 GB Ram. And still had trouble with the preseason live. How the hell can anyone think google having it is great, when a laptop like mine, high end, has issues with there stupid nfl preseason live. Stupid If you ask me. I would probably break down and buy it, but it would piss me off if they charge the regular Max package(near 350) for just online and rz channel.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I've missed 1 49ers game in the last 25+ years (in 2006 -we got spanked by the Eagles at home anyway) and I've never had ST.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Def think it's worth buying Madden + the online ST for $100 bucks though. I bought that this year so this will be the first year I've ever had it. I'm gonna watch Alex lol.
I bought NFL Game Pass, which is only available outside the US. I had been watching games online, putting up with bad reception and viruses for the last few years. This year I purchased Game Pass at $129.99 for the season. It includes all games with the capability of viewing 4 games at once, replay - real time and condensed, coaches view, NFL Network and Redzone. The reception has been clear as a bell in HD.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
exactly. I was watching the preseason live the other night, I have fast speed internet from TWC, and it went good, then went down to one bar, grainy, couldn't see it, just friggin closed it out. This is why streaming is not the way, I want to watch via TV, DirecTV, lets all providers have it, stop being selfish NFL. Let the fans have a voice.

Also when changing channels on NFL ST, it is better on TV, when on To Go, there is buffering, and then you need a good/great computer, just to run it. At least 2.3 ghz processor. Good video card. I have a 2.7 ish ghz processor, i5 core, 2GB Dedicated Radeon 7670M video card, 750GB HDD, and 6 GB Ram. And still had trouble with the preseason live. How the hell can anyone think google having it is great, when a laptop like mine, high end, has issues with there stupid nfl preseason live. Stupid If you ask me. I would probably break down and buy it, but it would piss me off if they charge the regular Max package(near 350) for just online and rz channel.
I'm way behind with just a 2.0 Ghz and 4 GB of Ram.

Safe to say if Google lands the deal I'm probably done purchasing NFL ST. Even if I buy another laptop with a higher Ghz and more Ram it still wouldn't beat watching ST on my 55 inch HDTV.
[ Edited by Hopper on Aug 25, 2013 at 2:05 AM ]
To me it is just not worth to pay full price for it as a 49ers fan it. We have 5 primetime games and will probably have 3 national games at the least. Paying full price for 8 games is a ripoff to me. You always get week 1 for free anyways. I would just rather mooch off someone's else NFLST, watch online, or mix up and hit up a sports bar for 8 games. That is the way I see things in my world though.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
To me it is just not worth to pay full price for it as a 49ers fan it. We have 5 primetime games and will probably have 3 national games at the least. Paying full price for 8 games is a ripoff to me. You always get week 1 for free anyways. I would just rather mooch off someone's else NFLST, watch online, or mix up and hit up a sports bar for 8 games. That is the way I see things in my world though.

If all you watch is 49er games that's cool. But I like being able to watch any game I want. It sucked having to watch some Raider game in the bay when I wanted to see something else. Can't spend my entire Sunday in a bar

If you have someone to mooch off of then do that. But I think it's worth it over all
Share 49ersWebzone