There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

NFL Sunday ticket...Is it worth it??

I've gotten NFL sunday ticket for probably almost ten years in row now, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it anymore. With so many ways to watch games online now and listen live on the radio and the NFL redzone chanel.. Is it still worth it? I've been away from cali on the east coast now for 8 years so I was forced to buy it if I wanted to see my team.. Now I wonder if it's worth it anymore?? Thoughts?
Yeah, being an "out-of-stater" 49ers fan... it's a must
  • Chief
  • Veteran
This year, maybe not. The 49ers will be played on a lot of Sundays, with a lot of primetime games. Include the fact it's so easy to watch online now devalues it more.
In NJ here, and just got DTV with NFL Ticket thrown in for free. Now with the talks of Google owning the rights in 2 years, who knows. I used to watch the Niners on links that were posted in the zone, but one of the links made the laptop totally useless, and this is even with tons of anti-virus software, and site blockers. Good thing it was a work pc, and they re-imaged it.
Originally posted by mattster03:

Agree. Primetime games or not its a must have. I can't imagine missing games like opening day at Candlestick against the Packers. Its going to be the best game of the week and not televised. Giants vs Cowboys, Eagles vs Redskins, and Texans vs Chargers are the primetime games week 1. Giants Cowboys will probably be the best game of the three and who on this board doesn't despise both teams?
yes
I'd say no. too many free streaming sites. I'd rather just buy someone's log in info for Sunday Ticket to-go.
Yes
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Games you don't need Sunday Ticket:
5 prime time games can be seen without it.

Games that might be shown on the east coast.
Week 1 versus the Packers is one of two late games on Fox, the other one being the Rams and Cardinals. That game will most likely be televised on the east coast.
Week 7 versus the Titans is the only late Fox game, it might be shown or they might show reruns of Friends and MASH.
Week 10 versus the Panthers is the only late Fox game, it might be shown or they might show some religious s**t or ShamWow.

Games that won't be shown on the east coast.
Week 3 versus the Colts
Week 6 versus the Cardinals
Week 8 versus the Jags
Week 11 versus the Saints
Week 13 versus the Rams
Week 14 versus the Seahawks
Week 15 versus the Bucs
Week 17 versus the Cardinals

So, it really all depends on how you feel about streaming on your computer. Some of the sites look really good nowadays, are stable and reliable. If you want those 8 games in full HD and no stress about finding links you need to pay for Sunday ticket.
peace of mind is really all you're paying for when getting the ST.
I just got Direct TV and its free for the first year. So I am excited about it. I have no idea how much they will charge in year 2 so I will have to see.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I just got Direct TV and its free for the first year. So I am excited about it. I have no idea how much they will charge in year 2 so I will have to see.

$350
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

$350

That is a bit pricey.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I've gotten NFL sunday ticket for probably almost ten years in row now, but I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it anymore. With so many ways to watch games online now and listen live on the radio and the NFL redzone chanel.. Is it still worth it? I've been away from cali on the east coast now for 8 years so I was forced to buy it if I wanted to see my team.. Now I wonder if it's worth it anymore?? Thoughts?

I live in Vancouver, BC now, its def worth it!
Originally posted by mattster03:

Definitely THIS.

Plus, if you enjoy having your pick of other games to watch each week when your team isn't playing? It is worth it.