There are 118 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How much to root for the Chiefs? Would Andy Reid throw a game if he was 7-8?

The below is a table, of the number of KC wins and our approx. draft pick.

I am using 32 picks in a round. Which isn't real world (comp picks etc).

But what this points out that if KC wins 8 it is great for us. 7 is our worst case. Everything else is in between. Odd that if they go 2-14 or 14-2 our outcome is nearly the same.

2nd round 33-64
3rd round 65-96

My question is: If Andy Reid is 7-8 does he throw his last game? I'm told no coach would do that for a draft pick. I'm less sure, 2005 comes to mind. We were odds on favorite to get #1 pick at Week #14. Texans conveniently lose last two games and we win them. Drop to #6 in first round.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM ]
Any HC doing that would be fired
  • buck
  • Veteran
why is this in niners talk

I really don't think NFL teams throw away games, at least not like the NBA. Too much time and effort goes into preparing for each game. There is only 16 of them. Every game is valuable. But if they're sitting there in Week 17 with 7 wins.....maybe. Hopefully they have 8 wins by then.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM ]
A lot - and no.
I know my question is a bit weak. Part of my reasoning to post is to point out exactly how their W/L record impacts our draft pick. Until I layed it out I was surprised if they win all their games or lose all their games, the outcome is nearly the same.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM ]
g*ddammit.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
g*ddammit.

bless you or if prefer gesundheit
  • vaden
  • Veteran
No, especially because of the psychological bonus of 8-8 over a losing season.
No way he throws any games.
So 8 wins is the sweet spot..... No Reid( Or any other coach for that matter) would not throw a game for a draft pick. He has way too much to prove anyways IMO.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
So 8 wins is the sweet spot..... No Reid( Or any other coach for that matter) would not throw a game for a draft pick. He has way too much to prove anyways IMO.

If he has a losing season..reids clock starts ticking
Originally posted by OldJoe:
The below is a table, of the number of KC wins and our approx. draft pick.

I am using 32 picks in a round. Which isn't real world (comp picks etc).

But what this points out that if KC wins 8 it is great for us. 7 is our worst case. Everything else is in between. Odd that if they go 2-14 or 14-2 our outcome is nearly the same.

2nd round 33-64
3rd round 65-96

My question is: If Andy Reid is 7-8 does he throw his last game? I'm told no coach would do that for a draft pick. I'm less sure, 2005 comes to mind. We were odds on favorite to get #1 pick at Week #14. Texans conveniently lose last two games and we win them. Drop to #6 in first round.

Answer is no, Reid has Alex smith to throw away games
Reid was brought in to turn around the Chiefs. Wouldn't it make sense for him to win as many games he can to prove to his boss that he still has his coaching ability....
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM ]