LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

DJ Swearinger

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's only preseason and this dude has already possibly ended one career. That hit on Keller was monstrous, completely legal and of course Swearinger made a good point in saying that if the league doesn't allow defenders to go high, their only option is to go low, which of course increases the risk of knee injuries, such as the one Keller suffered, well, actually dude's entire knee got wrecked, legal but brutal hit.

[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Aug 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Swearinger's point is valid, but he went REALLY low to make that tackle - perfectly legal of course. Brutal about Keller though.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
That's a dirty hit and I blame the NFL for pushing the target that low.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I sure feel bad for D. Keller and hope he can recover 100% (not sure about that).

Receivers would rather get hit high and miss a few games instead of miss an entire season or worse... NoFunLeague/NotForLong...

BTW, DJ looks to be a stud and Texans are going to be scary good.....
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LVJay:
I sure feel bad for D. Keller and hope he can recover 100% (not sure about that).

Receivers would rather get hit high and miss a few games instead of miss an entire season or worse... NoFunLeague/NotForLong...

cant walk or cant talk... lol my kid aint playing football
I don't get why players have to either lead with the helmet up high or go low on the knees. Why can't they just arm tackle with not lowering their head?

like this:

[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:52 AM ]
Its not arm tackling. Arm is frowned upon. A player needs to hit, wrap up and drive the ball carrier to the ground. The NFL, ESPN, et al are responsible for the hits to the head issue. First they let it go initially because the big hits sell tickets and make highlights. Then they ban the head hits which require players with poor tackling skills to become cheap shot artists like Swearinger. Honestly, I don't think Swearinger should be allowed to play until Keller can. Same for head shots. Maybe these pukes can learn how to tackle? Nope, can't. That requires contact in practice which teams are afraid of because million dollar babies might get hurt.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
I don't get why players have to either lead with the helmet up high or go low on the knees. Why can't they just arm tackle with not lowering their head?

Because tackling is a lost art.
Roger Goodell will look in to this and tell everyone they just need to make grab on loops/hooks on the jersey for defenders to latch on to assisting the tackle.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:

cant walk or cant talk... lol my kid aint playing football

right, i feel ya... now I understand why a lot of parents put their kids in soccer
right, i feel ya... now I understand why a lot of parents put their kids in soccer

Cause their kids are pussies
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

Soon Goodell will change the rules so that players can only touch the cup (groins) or tap the players behind (that will count as a sack or tackle... next thing ya know, players will be playing grab ass!!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:

Cause their kids are pussies

same sex marriage
Originally posted by NinerFan408:

Soon Goodell will change the rules so that players can only touch the cup (groins) or tap the players behind (that will count as a sack or tackle... next thing ya know, players will be playing grab ass!!

lmao,
Share 49ersWebzone