LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Mike Purcell thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Who does Purcell have to beat out to make the squad? Dorsey?
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

TJE. That and the numbers game.

If Doresy is the primary DE, the only true NT is Williams. So Purcell could lock down the 2nd NT spot.

Dorsey, Tank, AA, Dockett, and Dial are all DE's. Dorsey and Dial can kick in if necessary.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If Mike Purcell doesn't or cannot make the 53 man roster, then I officially don't know s**t about football and my San Francisco 49ers.
its sucks that he showed up a year too late..we just have too many guys, i want him to make it...but i want to keep the other guys too

True but that experience he got last year became a platform to the success he's having now. We can say that about 20 others as well. One step back for two steps forward this year!
Kolohe, I follow the 9ers pretty darn closely , and had no idea he had been on our team. Now, one game does not a player make. Two games, playing tough, and then an incredibly agile pass bat down and even better snagging it, then busting thru or going by everybody en route to a TD? And there is a question if he can make the team or not? Surely you jest. This guy is terrific, not to mention athletic. With head and hands like that, I would love to see him get the ball on the 1 yd line, with miller thru the middle, and Purcell right behind him. Don't think I would worry about him fumbling the ball. Damn the guy is athletic...and not just for a big man. He is really athletic. What a neat and unexpected surprise.

Plus we got another surprise in Hayne. Never enjoyed PS as much as this yr.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kolohe, I follow the 9ers pretty darn closely , and had no idea he had been on our team. Now, one game does not a player make. Two games, playing tough, and then an incredibly agile pass bat down and even better snagging it, then busting thru or going by everybody en route to a TD? And there is a question if he can make the team or not? Surely you jest. This guy is terrific, not to mention athletic. With head and hands like that, I would love to see him get the ball on the 1 yd line, with miller thru the middle, and Purcell right behind him. Don't think I would worry about him fumbling the ball. Damn the guy is athletic...and not just for a big man. He is really athletic. What a neat and unexpected surprise.

Plus we got another surprise in Hayne. Never enjoyed PS as much as this yr.

I agree, and to think of all the crap we went through this offseason. Hopefully we can ride this positive wave through the season.
Originally posted by thl408:
Did anyone catch the little story that Ryan (color commentator) told about Purcell? I think I have this correct.

Purcell was recruited to go to Colorado State by the DLine coach at Colorado State. However, the head coach at Colorado State didn't like him and didn't want him. So Purcell went to Wyoming instead. Went undrafted and signed with the 49ers. His DLine coach now is Scott Brown, the guy that recruited him to Colorado State.

Awesome. Sometimes all you need is that one person to believe in you. So proud and happy for Purcell.
Purcell is making a strong case to make this roster. Really strong.
If Mike Purcell doesn't or cannot make the 53 man roster, then I officially don't know s**t about football and my San Francisco 49ers.

Agree

And if he doesn't make the squad he'll be picked up by another team, probably Seattle, at warp factor 10.
Anyone have a gif of his pick 6? I saw one somewhere but now can't find it

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
its sucks that he showed up a year too late..we just have too many guys, i want him to make it...but i want to keep the other guys too

There's no such thing as a year too late. If the kid is balling he deserves a spot on the 53 man roster, plain and simple. I know it's a numbers game and they pick the best players to make the team, well right now he's up there with the best DLinemens on the team.
Originally posted by socalniner:

lol page 5 of this thread dude
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

he is not beating out dorsey
My best guess is Baalke is going to trade one of the D-linemen in the nest couple of weeks.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by socalniner:

lol page 5 of this thread dude

who has time to click back two pages?

Thanks!
Share 49ersWebzone