There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Ridicule me if you want, but I don't understand this hate for having a "second" team. To me, a second team is a team I enjoy watching. I don't really root for them, although seeing them win is nice.

Just because Alex went to KC doesn't make me a fan of them. I'm from Michigan so I sort of like the Lions, although their coach is a moron and I can't stand Suh. So they can go f' off. The only team I'm loyal to, the only team that gets my blood flowing, is the San Francisco 49ers. However, I do enjoy the game of football, so I enjoy watching certain other teams as my "second team", although I could care less if they win or loss.

That's just how I view it.
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Ridicule me if you want, but I don't understand this hate for having a "second" team. To me, a second team is a team I enjoy watching. I don't really root for them, although seeing them win is nice.

Just because Alex went to KC doesn't make me a fan of them. I'm from Michigan so I sort of like the Lions, although their coach is a moron and I can't stand Suh. So they can go f' off. The only team I'm loyal to, the only team that gets my blood flowing, is the San Francisco 49ers. However, I do enjoy the game of football, so I enjoy watching certain other teams as my "second team", although I could care less if they win or loss.

You basically just said you like watching other teams play football...so you like watching football. That's not the same as having a second team, lol.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

You basically just said you like watching other teams play football...so you like watching football. That's not the same as having a second team, lol.

This

We talking about all the people buying Alex Smith KC jerseys and ish
I don't care about the Chiefs all i care about is them winning 8 games so we get an extra draft pick.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Will follow the Chiefs more than the rest of the NFL. But certainly not a fan like that of the Niners. I don't get f*cked up crushed when the Chiefs lose a game in any game, like I do with the Niners. Would like to see Smith do well with the Chiefs but if he doesn't, no losing sleep over that.

Some of you guys going around telling some of us not to follow certain teams in the NFL. lol

As you know, you must HATE EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL WITH THE BURNING AIDS FIRE OF 100000000000000000000000000 SUNS OR YOU ARE NOT A "REAL" NINER FAN!!!!

FIFY since this is a KC thread...
Heck no. Im strictly a 49er fan.
theres no such thing as a second team, i never got that with people, i cannot get myself to emotionally root for another team.
I love the Chiefs so much i come to a 49ers board to read and post chiefs updates

Originally posted by susweel:
f**k the Chefs

Exactly. But not just them, f**k every team that isn't the San Francisco 49ers.

This isn't anything like Montana going to KC (besides the obvious fact that Alex is also a QB - but that's where the similarities end). Alex simply did not do enough for the team to make me care about him or what he does, post-SF. A whopping 1.5 seasons of good play will not make me follow anybody to another team.

Do I want them to do well so we get a better draft pick? Sure. But I'm not gonna root for them. If it happens, it happens.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:36 PM ]
No because they kept mooching off our QB's
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
FVCK AND NO

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. I prefer watching certain teams more so than others. I'd rather watch the Lions than the Browns. I probably am more likely to watch Chiefs games now too because of Alex. I'm not sure I'd exactly be rooting for the Lions or the Chiefs, but I'd like to see them win.

Meh, maybe I agree with you guys. There's no other team that compares with the San Francisco 49ers.

Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough. I prefer watching certain teams more so than others. I'd rather watch the Lions than the Browns. I probably am more likely to watch Chiefs games now too because of Alex. I'm not sure I'd exactly be rooting for the Lions or the Chiefs, but I'd like to see them win.

Meh, maybe I agree with you guys. There's no other team that compares with the San Francisco 49ers.

Doesn't sound like you have a "second team," just teams you prefer to watch. I like to watch the Colts (because of Peyton and now Luck), but I don't care if they win or lose unless it affects the 49ers in some way.

I don't root for them, I just like watching them (really just their QBs) play. If they lose, I seriously don't give a rat's ass.
[ Edited by Empire49 on Aug 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM ]

Yeah just because I like watching Brady doesn't mean the Pats are my 2nd team or whatever.

I knew a guy I worked with who was both a Cowboys and Patriots fan, I just can't understand people like that.
I have no 2nd team. But if I did it would be the Bears. I lived in Chicago for 7 years. Went to a few games, and have many friends who are die hard Bears fans.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home