There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I've been following the Chiefs , I can beast playing as them on Madden (because NOBODY wants to play against the niners) I am a fan of their secondary and rb.

I'm now cheering for them even more because
we NEED that draft pick.

Word is that AJ Jenkins is going to be CUT.
potential is there, but he isn't realizing it...and the 9ers don't have the patience to let him grow.
I respect Alex. He conducted himself as a professional. He was thrown into a mess with some suspect lines that got him beat and minimal weapons. I hope he does well but I dont care about the Chiefs. Im still bitter about a beating they delivered to us in 97 I believe. When the 49ers dont win I still find some hapiness when the Cowboys and Bears fail. And now gotta add the Seahawks to that list.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Raider fans are excluded

Not a Raiders fan. I was, they left, I stopped. Odds are I've not been a Raiders fan and have been a 9ers fan longer than 50% of the people on this board have been 9ers fans.

Jerry Rice, Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott all say hello by the way.

Why are they saying hello ?

Because they were all Raiders...but it doesn't diminish their feelings for the 9ers.

Don't feel bad. I didn't get your AS = TKO either.

Because they were all Raiders...but it doesn't diminish their feelings for the 9ers.

I know they were Raiders..i didn't root for them either

Both dudes have a have a monkey on their backs..not the same kinda monkey..but it's defintley on their backs

I also intently watched the Raiders when they had Rice, Lott, Charlie Garner, etc. Always liked Timmy Brown too. That was a fun team to watch.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I also intently watched the Raiders when they had Rice, Lott, Charlie Garner, etc. Always liked Timmy Brown too. That was a fun team to watch.

those times were fun..we sucked but it was fun knowing they needed 9ers to win
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's interesting. Where you may view the Niners as a high school sweat heart, I liken them more to family. I guess it's a different way of seeing things, and probably why most fans have a hard time understanding how one could break up with their (sweetheart) family should a better (girl) family come around.

... but that would be suggesting that he/we are breaking away from our family.. and we are not.

Don't you root for certain players to do well or fail, Amp - regardless of which team they are on?

I don't know about root. I'm happy for good guys when they achieve success, and I am happy when douchebags fail, but I wouldn't say I actively root for either to happen. I root for the Niners and I'll be happy for Alex if he enjoys moderate success, but I can't say I'm rooting for him. The thing with football, is every single team will eventually be your enemy. This isn't a picnic where teams sit in a circle and sing kumbaya with one another. It's a fierce competition where only one team stands alone at the top, and in my world it makes no sense to "root" more than one team (of course I have teams that I like and dislike). That doesn't mean I'm right and others are wrong, it's just how I view sports. I respect others' differing views on being a fan and rooting for more than one team, but I don't agree with them.

Edit: Thinking about it, I guess I'll root for a team I like VS a team I don't like if I'm watching a game (If I were watching the Chiefs play the Raiders, I'd be rooting for the Chiefs all the way). Or I'll root for a team if it benefits the Niners if they win. That being said, that's just a game to game basis when it's in front of my face on TV and my brain wants to decide which team I'd rather win. So, yes, there are times when I root for teams other than the Niners, but I would say I support the Niners and the Niners only.
[ Edited by AmpLee on Aug 15, 2013 at 12:38 PM ]
I'll say yes. I'm rooting for them as my fave in the AFC mainly cause I live in MO just slightly closer to KC than STL and there's no way I can like the Rams. I also wanna see Alex do well and I like Andy Reid.
Chiefs are the team I am third-most interested. I watch the Niners rooting for them to win, I watch the Seahawks rooting for them to lose, and I'll be watching the Chef's to see how Alex does... Not rooting for or agaist.
When the 49ers start paying me to be a fan, I'll start being exclusively a 9er fan. Till that day, I'll do what I damn well please.

Hell yes. If there's only one game on Thursday night? and it's the Bengals vs the Patriots? Heck, I am a Bengals fan that night. Not a damn thing wrong with preferring other teams to others.. so long as SF comes first.

I think a lot of people often find themselves rooting for a team in games that don't affect their "#1" team...I don't see how that necessarily makes you a "fan" of the team you're rooting for, you just wouldn't mind seeing them win that particular game. Maybe it's simply because you hate the other team. To me that's completely different than saying "well now I'm a KC fan and they're my #2 team all because of poor Alex Smith."
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
I think a lot of people often find themselves rooting for a team in games that don't affect their "#1" team...I don't see how that necessarily makes you a "fan" of the team you're rooting for, you just wouldn't mind seeing them win that particular game. Maybe it's simply because you hate the other team. To me that's completely different than saying "well now I'm a KC fan and they're my #2 team all because of poor Alex Smith."

I get what you are saying, and have been thinking the word SEMANTICS ever since this whole thing started.

I really like what KC is building, but no, I am not going to cry a tear or have a bad week if the Chiefs lose games.

So whatever that makes me? I am okay with that.

What is driving this contention is really nothing more than a years long "battle" between certain posters about a certain player.
I don't have a 2nd team. There is ONLY one team in my life - The San Francisco 49ers !!
My 2nd team is Gold Rush Squad !

http://www.49ers.com/gold-rush/squad.html
[ Edited by ninerolog on Aug 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM ]