There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Jcool:
If the Chiefs are your 'second team', and you don't live in KC, then i have to question how much of a 49ers fan you really are.

Never lived on the WC either all these years as a 49ers fan. I wasn't brainwashed by relatives or community into loving the 49ers like some. Making the choice all my own and against my hometown people, perhaps that makes me an even better fan than those living on the WC?

Either way, I don't need to be questioning other people's fandom and none of you need to question mine or others. Mind your own business, and stop pulling the superior fan card. It has no function other than to perpetuate some fallacy in your head(s) that there's some growing revolt happening here.

When the 49ers start paying me to be a fan, I'll start being exclusively a 9er fan. Till that day, I'll do what I damn well please. Most of the time that has meant that I only rooted for the 9ers...but now and then it hasn't.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Jakemall:
When the 49ers start paying me to be a fan, I'll start being exclusively a 9er fan. Till that day, I'll do what I damn well please.

Hell yes. If there's only one game on Thursday night? and it's the Bengals vs the Patriots? Heck, I am a Bengals fan that night. Not a damn thing wrong with preferring other teams to others.. so long as SF comes first.
When the 49ers start paying me to be a fan, I'll start being exclusively a 9er fan. Till that day, I'll do what I damn well please.

Hell yes. If there's only one game on Thursday night? and it's the Bengals vs the Patriots? Heck, I am a Bengals fan that night. Not a damn thing wrong with preferring other teams to others.. so long as SF comes first.

I won't lie, if LA ever got a team besides the Raiders, I'd probably be a fan of that team as well. I'm in love with the game more than I am with any one team. 9ers will always have a special place in my heart because they're the team I rooted for since being a child....but I didn't marry my childhood sweetheart. I'm not locked to having some sort of monogamous relationship to the 9ers either. You think they give a F about me besides the $ I spend? Even the players that "do it for the fans" are doing it because the fans pay for their dinner.
Well... you guys are OBVIOUSLY not true fans. If you don't do it the way that the others want you to, you are doing it wrong.
I won't lie, if LA ever got a team besides the Raiders, I'd probably be a fan of that team as well. I'm in love with the game more than I am with any one team. 9ers will always have a special place in my heart because they're the team I rooted for since being a child....but I didn't marry my childhood sweetheart. I'm not locked to having some sort of monogamous relationship to the 9ers either. You think they give a F about me besides the $ I spend? Even the players that "do it for the fans" are doing it because the fans pay for their dinner.

Yep. Exactly. Seems people are having trouble dealing with this. All that can really be said is, too bad.. deal with it.. get over it... carry on.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Well... you guys are OBVIOUSLY not true fans. If you don't do it the way that the others want you to, you are doing it wrong.

I have a theory

I think most of the 9er fans with multiple teams are not from the area, not saying they are wrong..but just a thought
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I have a theory

I think most of the 9er fans with multiple teams are not from the area, not saying they are wrong..but just a thought

Possibly....but I am FROM the bay area...I just don't live there.

What's more...with the exception of Joe at KC, I've been a niner fan since I was a kid. Although, I will say that I was a Raider's fan first...9ers were my 2nd favorite team as a child until the Raiders went to LA.

So wait...I don't fit in your theory...and I never really have.

Maybe I'm just an outlier though.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 15, 2013 at 11:04 AM ]

That's interesting. Where you may view the Niners as a high school sweat heart, I liken them more to family. I guess it's a different way of seeing things, and probably why most fans have a hard time understanding how one could break up with their (sweetheart) family should a better (girl) family come around.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
That's interesting. Where you may view the Niners as a high school sweat heart, I liken them more to family. I guess it's a different way of seeing things, and probably why most fans have a hard time understanding how one could break up with their (sweetheart) family should a better (girl) family come around.

... but that would be suggesting that he/we are breaking away from our family.. and we are not.
I have a theory

Possibly....but I am FROM the bay area...I just don't live there.

What's more...with the exception of Joe at KC, I've been a niner fan since I was a kid. Although, I will say that I was a Raider's fan first...9ers were my 2nd favorite team as a child until the Raiders went to LA.

So wait...I don't fit in your theory...and I never really have.

Maybe I'm just an outlier though.

Raider fans are excluded
I guess I should be careful with my wording...because if it's my highschool sweatheart, she's banging at least 1 million other fans.

I've a loyal fan of the 9ers for years...supported through the decade of suckage...but family? No. Until the niners and ownership either start paying me, or start calling. texting, or emailing me to see how I'm doing, I don't feel any obligation to be monogomous in my fandom for them. Doesn't mean that I haven't or won't do so in the future...but there's no obligation on my part. Not even a little bit.
Raider fans are excluded

Not a Raiders fan. I was, they left, I stopped. Odds are I've not been a Raiders fan and have been a 9ers fan longer than 50% of the people on this board have been 9ers fans.

Jerry Rice, Roger Craig and Ronnie Lott all say hello by the way.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 15, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]
I've been following the Chiefs , I can beast playing as them on Madden (because NOBODY wants to play against the niners) I am a fan of their secondary and rb.

I'm now cheering for them even more because
we NEED that draft pick.

Word is that AJ Jenkins is going to be CUT.
Originally posted by AmpLee:

... but that would be suggesting that he/we are breaking away from our family.. and we are not.

Don't you root for certain players to do well or fail, Amp - regardless of which team they are on?