LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Are the Chiefs your 'second team' now?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
If the Chiefs are your 'second team', and you don't live in KC, then i have to question how much of a 49ers fan you really are.
Whats a "second team"?
Originally posted by Jcool:
If the Chiefs are your 'second team', and you don't live in KC, then i have to question how much of a 49ers fan you really are.

not 1 curr.
f**k the Cheifs. I hope they win 8 and then I couldn't really care less. They're in the AFC and they mean nothing to me.

There it is

Kids/relatives/bandwagoners follow players
Only a Alex Smith fan would ask a question like this

smh smh

lol @ everyone trying to prove their fanhood by saying you cant casually follow another team you have personal ties with, or else youre not a real 49ers fan.

Most people here play fantasy football, which gives you a rooting interest in other NFL teams. Its no different. Being familiar with another team in the opposite conference and not hoping they lose doesnt diminish anything about how big a 49ers fan you are.

This is why they're my 'first team' now
What is this 2nd team you speak of? ....I bleed red and gold.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
2nd team? does not compute.

Never lived on the WC either all these years as a 49ers fan. I wasn't brainwashed by relatives or community into loving the 49ers like some. Making the choice all my own and against my hometown people, perhaps that makes me an even better fan than those living on the WC?

Either way, I don't need to be questioning other people's fandom and none of you need to question mine or others. Mind your own business, and stop pulling the superior fan card. It has no function other than to perpetuate some fallacy in your head(s) that there's some growing revolt happening here.
I don't know about 49ers fans having a 2nd team, but I could see why there are so many Alex Smith fans after watching these 2 videos.

I follow Tony Gonzalez and am a big fan of his! I really hoped last year he would get his chance to get a ring with the Falcons. There is nothing wrong with being fans of players, I'm sure a lot of you buy Jordans and rooted for the bulls when he was dominating the NBA.
[ Edited by kcfan11 on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM ]
so you guys don't root for whomever is playing against the Seahawks or Raiders during a bye week. ?

where's condecending wonka at?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Never lived on the WC either all these years as a 49ers fan. I wasn't brainwashed by relatives or community into loving the 49ers like some. Making the choice all my own and against my hometown people, perhaps that makes me an even better fan than those living on the WC?

Either way, I don't need to be questioning other people's fandom and none of you need to question mine or others. Mind your own business, and stop pulling the superior fan card. It has no function other than to perpetuate some fallacy in your head(s) that there's some growing revolt happening here.

When the 49ers start paying me to be a fan, I'll start being exclusively a 9er fan. Till that day, I'll do what I damn well please. Most of the time that has meant that I only rooted for the 9ers...but now and then it hasn't.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone