There are 87 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Overused Labels in the NFL

"penetrating the hole"
Hardest worker in the NFL. (not sure how every team can have the hardest worker in the NFL)

Student of the game. (everyone is or they wouldnt be out there)
Beast
running back

they use their f**king legs not their back
He's a raw player
game manager.
- Skill position player

- Elite quarterback

- Football IQ

- Gun-slinger

- Anything out of Mike Mayock's mouth
Game manager
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
"penetrating the hole"

"Fighting for every inch"
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
- Skill position player

- Elite quarterback

- Football IQ

- Gun-slinger

- Anything out of Mike Mayock's mouth

skill position player only differentiates between Linemen and those that can touch the ball.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Cancer. Who has access to the locker room or the inner workings of an NFL team to determine this

I can surely respect this thought process. However sometimes it's used as legitimate term, and more times than not, the candidates are obvious. (T.O in Philly, Jacobs in NY/SF, Favre in NY, list goes on)
Playmaker. Any player with decent stats is a playmaker. Always sounded stupid to me.
  • fropwns
  • Hall of Fame
Contain. Brilliant.
New York football Giants
Originally posted by GoalLineStand:
I remember back in the mid 80's the 49er offense was referred to as a "gimmick offense". Now look, most of the NFL is using a version of Walsh's offense. There was one ex-player who used to call some of the 49er games on TV. I remember him specifically stating numerous times..."Yeah, but it's a gimmick offense." It used to irritate me every time I heard him say it. Can't remember his name though.
Now their saying the Read Option is a gimmick and defenses will figure it out but if that's the case why are more and more teams adding it to their packages?