LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

Teddy Bridgewater-QB-Saints

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not that the 49ers will take him but he's my favorite to be the #1 pick in 2014. He has everything you could possibly want in a franchise quarterback. He has solid size for the position, standing 6-3 and weighing 220. He's got a very strong arm and good downfield accuracy. He shows tremendous awareness to get away from the pass rush, to anticipate where the defense will be, he has good mobility, not a running quarterback per se but has nimble feet and agility to get away from the pass rush. He's a natural pocket passer, able to stand up to pressure in his faces and still make some beautiful throws, even deep downfield. He's by all accounts a natural leader, an almost obsessive hard worker, high character guy who is very low-key. He did great last year with a less than stellar supporting cast and another high quality season will cement his status as the #1 player in the 2014 Draft.

[ Edited by Overkill on Aug 29, 2018 at 12:08 PM ]
Hes got his dancing shoes on.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
To add discussion to this.....Even the Cardinals wont be Tanking for Teddy but which teams in the NFC would you not want Bridgewater on?
The first footage I saw from Teddy Bridgewater was the bowl game and he reminded me of Alex Smith
It really pissed me off when the U lost this guy.
Originally posted by sfout:
To add discussion to this.....Even the Cardinals wont be Tanking for Teddy but which teams in the NFC would you not want Bridgewater on?

any NFC team. This dude has potential to be an elite quarterback. Probably has as much potential as Luck has in terms of being an elite player.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
He'll be a great pick by the Jags with the 1st pick next year.
2nd coming of warren moon. Teddy is the real deal, he's been getting it done since day one of his freshman year. The guy had a broken hand (off hand) but still played and played well without a running game to get to last year's sugar bowl. If he was eligible last year to come out, he would have been the first qb taken. In 2014, he might be the first player taken, yes, I think he is that good.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
The first footage I saw from Teddy Bridgewater was the bowl game and he reminded me of Alex Smith

Yeah, you lost me there. Bridgewater is much more of a stereotypical pocket passer, I see Bridgewater as being far more comparable to someone like Andrew Luck.
Originally posted by GEEK:
He'll be a great pick by the Jags with the 1st pick next year.

Goodbye sweet career. Bridgewater ending up with Gus Bradley would be like Alex or heck even Aaron Rodgers winding up with Nolan.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This dude will be a Bear or Eagle, no Matt Barkley isn't the savior, neither is Nick Foles and don't say Mike Vick. Birdgewater + Chip Kelly =

But my 2014 NFL Draft QB crush is Aaron Murray, if this dude was 6'3" - 6'5" he would be the 1st overall pick IMO.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This dude will be a Bear or Eagle, no Matt Barkley isn't the savior, neither is Nick Foles and don't say Mike Vick. Birdgewater + Chip Kelly =

But my 2014 NFL Draft QB crush is Aaron Murray, if this dude was 6'3" - 6'5" he would be the 1st overall pick IMO.

Yeah I think Murray is under rated
His pocket prescence doe!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

huh?

I'd say a better comparison is Teddy Bridgewater is similar to Aaron Rodgers.
Teddy Bridgewater is listed at 6'3. That seems a little generous to me.
Share 49ersWebzone