There are 177 users in the forums

*** WEEK 1 NFL PRESEASON GAMEDAY THREAD 8/8 - 8/11 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Josh Johnson 3/6 40 yards and a TD... 2 rushes 57 yards.... Why did we cut him again?

That was what I thought as well. What a waste.

Because we don't play back yard football. Let the qb find what he can on the field. If they are going to do that, they might as well throw Roman away and let him walk. There is such a thing as calling the plays to set up another down the road for even bigger gain.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Aug 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM ]
Josh Johnson 3/6 40 yards and a TD... 2 rushes 57 yards.... Why did we cut him again?

because he sucks
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

because he sucks

He outplayed Tolzien last pre-season tho. Not just statistically; he just flat out threw the ball better. Of course I trust the coaches opinion over mine, but I'm not a fan of Tolzien. Smart player, but very limited arm talent.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Shaun Hill running the read option
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Esco:

LOL. Did that happen for real?

Edit: Damn, is Shaun Hill still in the league?
[ Edited by Antix on Aug 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
anyone have highlights of smith's first drive

i guess you like 5 yard passes a lot.

*Financial decision* I think Double J costs 3x more than the God Tolzien
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bears got slapped around today, Carolina had 7 sacks and Cutler looked unsurprisingly mediocre yet again.

Hopefully Carolina can do that to the Cawks in week 1

They most definitely will and Cam will shred them as well. They got revenge on their minds from last season

No doubt... sheCAWKS going 0-2 to start the season!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by Esco:

LOL. Did that happen for real?

Edit: Damn, is Shaun Hill still in the league?

True story
  • Antix
  • Veteran

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Because we don't play back yard football. Let the qb find what he can on the field. If they are going to do that, they might as well throw Roman away and let him walk. There is such a thing as calling the plays to set up another down the road for even bigger gain.

Excellent post.
Browns / Rams broadcast dust up . . .

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/08/xxxxxxx_bernie_kosar_xxxxxxxxx.html
I know this is a week later, but I just happened to be watching a replay of the Dolphins-Jags game from last week. I don't put much stock into preseason, but the first offensive drives for both teams were just awful. I mean Tannehill looked horrible and Gabbert was even worse. Now Miami didn't have Wallace and Jax didn't have MJD but still. In fact both teams looked literally retarded in their first 2 off. series compared to how the Niners execute. So glad we're not them.
Share 49ersWebzone