LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 435 users in the forums

Officials warn players: Spinning the ball can result in a penalty

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's become commonplace in the NFL for players who make a big play to spin the ball on the ground in celebration. But this year, players are being warned that there's a fine line between celebrating and taunting — and if they cross that line, it's a 15-yard penalty.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/05/officials-warn-players-spinning-the-ball-can-result-in-a-penalty/
This is stupid. I've never heard a single complaint about a player spinning the ball. Nobody cares. They want them to be emotionless robots out there.
I've always thought spinning to be one of the cooler celebrations. There's a whole shopping list the NFL is enforcing. The message is individuality will not be accepted. The current NFL does not allow a player to take his helmet off on the field, celebrate, or hit an opponent with vicious intent. Good-man is going to change the name of the NFL during his tenure to the BFL , Boring Football League.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This is stupid. I've never heard a single complaint about a player spinning the ball. Nobody cares. They want them to be emotionless robots out there.

Makes you wonder what's next.
the commissioner is steadily ruining the game
If any of our player's spins the ball I will instruct another player to flop and draw an "unnecessary" roughness penalty, off-setting the excessive celebration penalty
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Makes you wonder what's next.

No smiling. "Number 85, Un-seriousness like conduct, 15 yard pentalty."
No Fun League
This is a ridiculous new rule.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
soon they'll be penalized and fined for smiling

Listen. If players spin the ball after a touchdown, kids might get the idea that football is fun. If they think it's fun, they'll actually put in effort. And if they actually put in effort, they'll take steroids and snort coke and hit each other too hard and instantly die of a concussion. But if they don't play at all, then they'll become obese from high fructose corn-syrup and get die-a-beetus. Classic catch-22. Cut Goodell some slack guys! He's trying to keep some variation of football around forever!
I'm sick of these petty penalties... "Touch down 49ers!... The 49ers win the Superbow! Uh, oh, wait a minute, there's a flag on the field. What's this? Oh no, A.J. Jenkins is flagged for spinning the ball, no time left on the clock game over".... It's not like the bonehead who does it gets punished, it's the whole damn team and its fan base. How about you just fine the player $15,000 instead of 15 yards?

Next thing you know they'll start giving out 15 yard penalties for low socks.
Assassinate Goodell in the Name of the Lod God King
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Scratching nut sack during game/in public results in ejection
This is pathetic.
Share 49ersWebzone