LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 316 users in the forums

Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

Riley Cooper would fight every n****r on the 49ers.

Originally posted by 21SandersMoss84:
Riley Cooper would fight every n****r on the 49ers.

This....lol
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
Lol your few Black friends don't speak for all Black people (myself being one of them)....
White people aren't allowed to say it in public, without facing consequences. Period. ER or A, it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter how many rap songs you listen to. It doesn't matter how many times you hear Black people use it amongst themselves. If white people don't like it, they should've never started using it as a racial slur in the first place. I actually think Riley Cooper is a decent WR but the amount of negativity he will carry with him (deservedly or not) is why I think the 49ers should stay away from him.

No one speaks for all black people.

There is something significant about how the word is pronounced, but I do not understand it completely.

A good friend of mine told me that way I pronounce that word is very offensive.
He told me the way I pronounced the first syllable made me sound like a racist.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by wailers15:
ah because we've never said anything ignorant drunk in our lives? but it's okay for someone to kill a dog with his own hands? if he would've said "n***a" then there wouldn't even be a story.
heck remember Lenoard Little...aka two time DUI killer?
kid made a mistake. land of second chances

I applaud the eagles for not cutting him initially because a lot of the players say the same thing during games and play the music in the locker room. Whether it be "a" or "er" it is still offensive to others saying it. If you cut Riley, you might have to cut a lot of other people too. The problem is that Riley is being viewed by a locker room of majority AA players as an undercover racist and unless this changes locker room chemistry is going to be disrupted added to the fact that you have a rookie head coach trying to get his program instilled into this ball club. Unfair as it may be to Riley that he is being given the cold shoulder the club has to do what they feel is best for them. Management might deem it necessary to rid themselves of Riley so that Chip gets a fair chance but in doing so I am afraid they are not giving Riley a fair chance to get a second opportunity

You don't say? But then again you thought things would be simple after Cooper's apology. Like Cully's comments nothing offensive gets swept under the rug so quickly like you ridiculously expected the Niners to do leading up to media frenzy SB week.
Use a pooper on Cooper and toss `em both.
Originally posted by Hopper:
ah because we've never said anything ignorant drunk in our lives? but it's okay for someone to kill a dog with his own hands? if he would've said "n***a" then there wouldn't even be a story.

I applaud the eagles for not cutting him initially because a lot of the players say the same thing during games and play the music in the locker room. Whether it be "a" or "er" it is still offensive to others saying it. If you cut Riley, you might have to cut a lot of other people too. The problem is that Riley is being viewed by a locker room of majority AA players as an undercover racist and unless this changes locker room chemistry is going to be disrupted added to the fact that you have a rookie head coach trying to get his program instilled into this ball club. Unfair as it may be to Riley that he is being given the cold shoulder the club has to do what they feel is best for them. Management might deem it necessary to rid themselves of Riley so that Chip gets a fair chance but in doing so I am afraid they are not giving Riley a fair chance to get a second opportunity

You don't say? But then again you thought things would be simple after Cooper's apology. Like Cully's comments nothing offensive gets swept under the rug so quickly like you ridiculously expected the Niners to do leading up to media frenzy SB week.

If Jackie Robinson and the Bk Dodgers could win, so can Cooper and the Feagles?
Jesus christ how is this even a thread?
Originally posted by Hopper:

Did you not get the sentiment of what I was saying? In Riley's case he is playing in a locker room where the majority of the players consist of a group he may have offended. In Cully's case, he played in a locker room in which the group that he might have offended consisted of a minority of the players. This can make quite a bit of difference as far as locker room acceptance and hurt feelings on the inside. Not always fair but most times true. I think that with Culliver's apology on the eve of the franchise's biggest game in nearly 2 decades it would be ridiculous to let his comments linger after his apology with what was at stake.

As a fan, I don't care if the comment was made about any or every group because I don't view these players as role models. The most important thing to me was whether we won the game or not and obviously we didn't and I think Culliver lost at least a couple nights of preparation time when all is told and he certainly had his lapses on the field. I could be wrong but I thought everyone blew up his comments just as was done with Riley. I know both players said despicable things but once they apologized, I think that it is time for us to move on and let the players play if their talents warrant it
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Aug 8, 2013 at 1:34 AM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
If Jackie Robinson and the Bk Dodgers could win, so can Cooper and the Feagles?

But they won't win because of us

Originally posted by xtm059:
Jesus christ how is this even a thread?

I believe at the time this thread was started there was serious unrest amongst our posters regarding our WR position. Desperation born of injury and underperforming personnel

I wouldn't mind picking him up give him a try
[ Edited by 49ers201 on Feb 17, 2014 at 4:12 AM ]
Would be a good pick up to go along with Boldin and Crabtree
Originally posted by 49ers201:
Would be a good pick up to go along with Boldin and Crabtree

no
Originally posted by Knowledge:
no

You don't know what your talking about he could stretch the field watch his highlight video.
Share 49ersWebzone