Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Riley Cooper - Yes or No ?

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think Riley Cooper has killed anybody
What about the Gay Hate?

You were the one comparing racism to drunk driving.... I was merely responding to you're off-based comparison by playing along...

As for gay hate, this is still a touchy subject. Not many players have come out and said they are gay so there isn't any way for us to truly know how many would be offended.... One thing I DO know is that there are more Black people in the NFL than there are homosexuals. So if we're making comparisons (keep in mind, I don't think comparisons like this make much sense) then the act of racism hurts "more" people.
What about the Gay Hate?

There is the double standard in most NFL locker rooms and this exists quite naturally because of the demographics of NFL teams. There are a large majority of AA on ball clubs but there is a distinct minority of LGBT on ball clubs so you probably won't see such a fuss over issues pertaining to those groups. Sad but true. You start getting more gays on teams and then you will see increased sensitivity to that group
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Try the York family. They were in power when TO left and it wasn't a pretty sight to see to say the least. Knowing what we know of Jed York and how he cares for this franchise, I am sure that he didn't nor did his parents appreciate TO's exit at the time. And yes, racism is still present but I have found it easier to advance a lot of conversation by smoothing things over when possible because a lot of people get defensive when discussing the issue. It is just a touchy subject in this country

I didn't really consider Jed. You may be right. As for the smoothing things over when it comes to racism...if that's what works for you, cool. I was just pointing out that racism "survives" because nobody wants to confront it head on. As long as people dance around the subject because of their emotions, nothing will change.
Originally posted by SaksV:
What about the Gay Hate?

You were the one comparing racism to drunk driving.... I was merely responding to you're off-based comparison by playing along...

As for gay hate, this is still a touchy subject. Not many players have come out and said they are gay so there isn't any way for us to truly know how many would be offended.... One thing I DO know is that there are more Black people in the NFL than there are homosexuals. So if we're making comparisons (keep in mind, I don't think comparisons like this make much sense) then the act of racism hurts "more" people.

I said gay hate and dui, you chose only to respond to the DUI, that aint my fault.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
There is the double standard in most NFL locker rooms and this exists quite naturally because of the demographics of NFL teams. There are a large majority of AA on ball clubs but there is a distinct minority of LGBT on ball clubs so you probably won't see such a fuss over issues pertaining to those groups. Sad but true. You start getting more gays on teams and then you will see increased sensitivity to that group

Agreed
Yes. He is good
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I said gay hate and dui, you chose only to respond to the DUI, that aint my fault.

Lol I didn't "choose" to ONLY respond....I merely responded. No need to speculate that I was being selective, unless you're bored.
No way hes not even a free agent and even if he was i wouldn't want him here, he would just bring negative attention, and hes not even that good of a receiver.
Chris Culliver never said anything nearly as disgusting as this stupid redneck and not only that, but some media guy actually coaxed a response out of Culliver on the issue of gays in the locker room. If I'm Baalke, I wouldn't touch this a-hole with a 10-foot poll. I agree with the Eagles running back, McCoy - that drunk raving redneck at the country music concert you saw - that's the real Cooper - a racist pig.
More trouble than he's worth.

Originally posted by SaksV:

Lol I didn't "choose" to ONLY respond....I merely responded. No need to speculate that I was being selective, unless you're bored.

selective
no.. dont want any distractions. but i do believe he deserves a second chance.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
selective

Whatever valrod, I don't care lol. I responded to the other portion in a subsequent post. You missing that I did is the only thing that's "selective".
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Chris Culliver never said anything nearly as disgusting as this stupid redneck and not only that, but some media guy actually coaxed a response out of Culliver on the issue of gays in the locker room. If I'm Baalke, I wouldn't touch this a-hole with a 10-foot poll. I agree with the Eagles running back, McCoy - that drunk raving redneck at the country music concert you saw - that's the real Cooper - a racist pig.

This
Hell no. The guy likes Kenny Chesney. Nuff said.
Share 49ersWebzone