Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Packers take a blow, Bryan Bulaga out for season, Torn ACL

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Jordy Nelson out 4-6 weeks after knee surgery

s**t.. gotta adjust my fantasy auction cue...

They say he MAY be ready for the first game but who knows

fixed

thats a HUGE blow to them if he won't play against the niners, i think we beat them regardless though, too much talent.
James Jones will be primary WR and will be stat machine.

He quietly put up 14 TDs last year
Everybody gets hit with injuries, and a case could be made that the best upper tier team with the fewest injuries, wins the SB. I wouldn't want to bet on us if Kap went down. When we went into the NFCC and next yr, SB, we had Crbs, then Vernon. Hence, we now have 12 WRs in camp( or is it 13), and Coach H has learned a lesson. Don't go to the SB with one receiver. You gotta have several, hopefully more than 3 guys to throw to. A lot of that falls on Roman's shoulders, for not preparing a solid three guys to catch the football. And they don't necessarily have to all be WRs.

In the retrospectoscope, last yr we should have had LMJ catching at least 4 or 5 balls a game, Vernon maybe 6-7 catches/ game and Crbs 8+ catches /game. Also Miller should have gotten 3 or 4 tries, frank a couple....that way when Kyle and Hunter both went down and then Crabs, we would have already had 4 or 5 other guys as known ball catchers. As it was, we went into both games with virtually one guy as a "ball catcher". That was a huge, self inflicted mistake, and that is why we have now 13 guys in camp as WRs alone, plus LMJ and Vernon running WR routes. That is fundamentally a lot better passing offense rather than have just one guy carrying the load. Coach H learned his lesson....Don't go to the big dance with just one guy who can catch the ball.

cc and I have both been critical of Roman for not having a single play to call with 9 yds to go in the SB for a win. Not having had 3 or 4 legitimate "ball catchers" in the game was just an awful mistake...that had been made way back during the season. JH and roman both saw the folly of that, and hence we now have LMJ, Vernon, Anquan(incredible addition), Vance, plus Frank, hunter, and ____ ,____, and ______, as our new wide receivers. Whether that is Patton, Hall, Lockette, Collie, etc, I have no idea. Point is we had a glaring deficiency, and Coach set about fixing it. Come yrs end, it will prove to be a great move. But some of that is on Roman also, as he called plays, ran the O, and never realized that we needed more than one WR and one TE as our ball catching offense. On the face of it, that seems like a simple thing to do...but our OC didn't do it, and worse, the guy who runs the team didn't either. Both are making up for it at present, and look for our passing O to look a lot more like Peyton's with as many as 8 or 9 guys catching passes during the game.

A priori, it just makes sense to have a bunch of guys catching passes during the game. Hard part is for Kap, who altho he has favorite targets, will now have to learn how each and every guy runs routes, throws fakes, gets off LOS, etc. Timing will be hard to learn, but Kap is no ordinary Qb, and will take the time now that OC and HC see what happens when you bring 1 gun to a shoot out at the OK Corral.

I got way off track here with AB's title, and will just add this. I really , truly , feel sorry for Rodgers losing Bulaga. He wasn't that healthy in times past, and now, ouch. Maybe the plan is to play Vince Young in game against the big Ds, like 9ers, and ..unh, oh....the NFC North.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 6, 2013 at 1:07 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

yeah I already drafted him.

completely out of the f**king blue which pisses me off. Luckily I got Kenny Britt

completely out of the f**king blue which pisses me off. Luckily I got Kenny Britt

We always do our draft after the 3rd week of preseason... for that reason
Randall Cobb left practice with a biceps injury that the team is being hush hush about.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Randall Cobb left practice with a biceps injury that the team is being hush hush about.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/23039221/randall-cobb-leaves-packers-practice-with-shoulder-injury
Justin is truly the MAN!

I hope you have somebody else behind them. Kenny Britt always seems to get hurt as well! *knocks on wood*
David Bahktiari is gonna start at LT... Having watched every pitiful game Colorado played last year in which Bahktiari played, Rogers is in for a world of hurt.
Originally posted by 5280High:
David Bahktiari is gonna start at LT... Having watched every pitiful game Colorado played last year in which Bahktiari played, Rogers is in for a world of hurt.

I feel you there... damn CU has been trash for like 10 years ... If Bahktiari is Rodgers' blindside protector, he's in trouble.