LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • buck
  • Veteran
As expected, injured running back Kendall Hunter cleared waivers. He was lost for the season July 25 with a torn ACL.

Hunter is a free agent after the season. Thus, it was highly unlikely he'd be claimed.

He is now on the team's injured reserve 49ers general manager Trent Baalke has said the team wants to re-sign Hunter for next season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/8564/49ers-camp-report-day-11
[ Edited by buck on Aug 5, 2014 at 3:43 PM ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
yay he cleared waivers!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Of course he comes back with us. He is a solid #2.

he will be in a niner uniform next year. mark that down with the rest of my predictions. we will sign david boston and he will be a stud,, marlon moore will be a great player for us, eric wright will be a surprise starting corner, jon baldwin will be a solid wide out for us. shall i go on?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Kendoll will be back baalke loves injured players.
Glad that he is back!
  • buck
  • Veteran
49ers get back RB Hunter after he goes unclaimed

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/08/05/49ers-get-back-rb-hunter-after-he-goes-unclaimed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29
[ Edited by buck on Aug 5, 2014 at 4:18 PM ]
Zomg he's gonna go to Seattle!
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Zomg he's gonna go to Seattle!

The overreaction yesterday was classic WZ.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Of course he comes back with us. He is a solid #2.

he will be in a niner uniform next year. mark that down with the rest of my predictions. we will sign david boston and he will be a stud,, marlon moore will be a great player for us, eric wright will be a surprise starting corner, jon baldwin will be a solid wide out for us. shall i go on?

Yes please, and I'll just re
Originally posted by buck:
49ers get back RB Hunter after he goes unclaimed

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/08/05/49ers-get-back-rb-hunter-after-he-goes-unclaimed/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

I'm glad he's back, but he'll have a ton of competition next year.
Great news. Is he requiring full surgery (meaning he completely severed his ACL) or is this a 3/4 tear and he just needs ample time to heal/rehab?

Thank God
Originally posted by SofaKing:
The overreaction yesterday was classic WZ.

truth
Originally posted by DoobieKeebler:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Poor guy always getting injured. He is a very talented running back. He could start for many other teams. I really hope we bring him back next year. He should be cheap and is a great change of pace back.

Can you name 3 teams he'd start for?

Not to be a dick.

If fully healthy... Jaguars, Giants, Broncos, Patriots, Saints, and possibly the Chargers, Colts, and Falcons. People forget that he had two 1500 yard + seasons at Oklahoma State. I think he's a much better back than people give him credit for and he could definitely start in this league. He's just been behind Frank Gore and has been injured so far his career.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DoobieKeebler:
Poor guy always getting injured. He is a very talented running back. He could start for many other teams. I really hope we bring him back next year. He should be cheap and is a great change of pace back.

Can you name 3 teams he'd start for?

Not to be a dick.

If fully healthy... Jaguars, Giants, Broncos, Patriots, Saints, and possibly the Chargers, Colts, and Falcons. People forget that he had two 1500 yard + seasons at Oklahoma State. I think he's a much better back than people give him credit for and he could definitely start in this league. He's just been behind Frank Gore and has been injured so far his career.

He's a good back. If he's healed and he thinks the 49ers are low balling him - he might just take a chance on going to another team. Josh Morgan did the same thing. Specially if we win the Super Bowl this year, kiss every free agent we have - good bye - just like the seachickens and crows did after their super bowl win's.

Very good running back and has never been used as a number one...so we don't know just how good he could be. But, as you have stated, his college career seems to indicate he's being under rated by many. I really like his ability to move outside and play the inside/outside equally well. Gore can't really turn the corner as he use to do. Whether Hunter is expendable at this point...given Hyde and Lattimore being back ups...I can see many teams jumping for him.
Share 49ersWebzone