There are 255 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cools
  • Veteran
I expect Niners will rehab Hunter and resign him for 2015, they love his attitude and work ethic
Not too sure if he'll be back.

2 serious injuries in 4 years is rough.

Add to that, Hyde, Lattimore are waiting in line and I feel will make an impact this season.

Then, will we extend Gore one more year?

IMO, it doesn't look very promising for kendall.

I really like him as a player and hope he heals fast.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Add to that, Hyde, Lattimore are waiting in line and I feel will make an impact this season.

i like hunters chances of coming back better than lattimores chances at this point in time. in the last two weeks, the team has signed two running backs. i am pretty confident in saying if the team had any confidence in lattimore seeing the field this year, they would have signed only one of them
Originally posted by cciowa:

i like hunters chances of coming back better than lattimores chances at this point in time. in the last two weeks, the team has signed two running backs. i am pretty confident in saying if the team had any confidence in lattimore seeing the field this year, they would have signed only one of them

Interesting.

Is it that or are our coaches just looking to use fodder for training camp to reduce the instance of injury? The backs they've signed are really nothing special.

I'd be much more in agreement w/you on Lattimore if they sign a quality back off of waivers or trade for one.

In any event, I wish Hunter well and would NOT be disappointed if he returned.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Why he got injured and off that both?.. he is kinda not strong a football. He is half football and half humand. I mean football is real that won't get injured and human is kinda risk a injured. Gore didn't been injured since years. Gore is a real football and real man than Hunter

gore has been injured all during his life time including last year with a busted finger. your post is just silly in my opinion

Yep gore got injured but he can still play.. he is not crying about injured.. he is real man.
i am not going to get drawn into some idiotic discussion on whether or not hunter is a man. so you are saying gore could play with the injury that hunter has right now? the only person that could play with hunters injury is probably okoya. if you want to babble on buz you can now do it with your self.. i will end by saying i hope we see hunter back with us next year. I know he will bust his butt to get back to where he was.

A person cant walk with Hunter's injury...much less play football.

I am holding my horses on that....right now we are down two running backs in camp and we added two running backs. Now if LMJ comes back and we keep more than one of the two? Then I will be prepared to say Lattimore isnt ready until mid season.
[ Edited by PhillyNiner on Aug 5, 2014 at 11:09 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

I am holding my horses on that....right now we are down two running backs in camp and we added two running backs. Now if LMJ comes back and we keep more than one of the two? Then I will be prepared to say Lattimore isnt ready until mid season.
i think philly is right in regards to his theory on lattimore. we also do not want to wear down hyde esp if he is the primary backup to gire. i guess the pre season will serve as the platform to see if smith, hampton or the new guy we signed will make this team,,,,,, if phillys theory is right about lattimore's timeline and i think he is
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Why he got injured and off that both?.. he is kinda not strong a football. He is half football and half humand. I mean football is real that won't get injured and human is kinda risk a injured. Gore didn't been injured since years. Gore is a real football and real man than Hunter

Generally a small man will get injured more often than a big man - if the game is strength and power vs strength and power. Walsh liked quickness and intelligence vs strength and power and while there were injuries, not many were to his core players. Jim, on the other hand, likes to win more by brute force than the way walsh did, so consequently -- you see us drafting big running backs and big players generally. So far it's worked in the regular season, but not so well in the post season.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:

i think philly is right in regards to his theory on lattimore. we also do not want to wear down hyde esp if he is the primary backup to gire. i guess the pre season will serve as the platform to see if smith, hampton or the new guy we signed will make this team,,,,,, if phillys theory is right about lattimore's timeline and i think he is

Agree I think midseason is the time table. You want him 100% and also you want to try to lock up as many talented youngsters as you can get - on the team. Like Okoye, McCray, or old veterans like Lloyd.
He clear waivers yet?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

RBs Kendall Hunter and David Wilson passed through waivers unclaimed. Both go to IR.
Originally posted by Jcool:

RBs Kendall Hunter and David Wilson passed through waivers unclaimed. Both go to IR.

Good news. If he can get healthy and for the right $, would like to see him back w/ the team.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran

As expected.
Of course he comes back with us. He is a solid #2.

Shocker.

Share 49ersWebzone