There are 225 users in the forums

Kendall Hunter

Shop 49ers game tickets
Non-Vested Veterans (players with less than 4 years of service time) must pass through Injury Waivers (officially designated as “Waived-Injured”) before being place in Injured Reserve (IR). Vested Veterans (those with 4+ years of service time) do not have to pass through Injury Waivers and can be placed directly on Injured Reserve (IR).
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I don't think any team would be dumb enough to claim him off waivers, not even Cleveland.

You mean, "hopefully not smart enough"?

Kendall is a solid pro and everything you could ask for in a team player

Except for you know, healthy, able to play in the next year and under a contract that makes him worth the effort.

Exactly. No team is going to sign him, then waive him, then HOPE to re-sign him to a longer deal in a year after tearing an achilles then ACL.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Non-Vested Veterans (players with less than 4 years of service time) must pass through Injury Waivers (officially designated as “Waived-Injured”) before being place in Injured Reserve (IR). Vested Veterans (those with 4+ years of service time) do not have to pass through Injury Waivers and can be placed directly on Injured Reserve (IR).

Also, "A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes."

Seems like we had no choice but to waive him and hope he clears. Only way to put him on I.R.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM ]
  • dj43
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yeah, but next year a new crop of RB's younger, stronger, maybe faster. It an uphill battle and the odds aren't great. Sydney rice and Eric Wright retired because of injuries and camp competition. Kyle and Braylon are out of the nfl. It's a brutal sport.

Kyle Williams is on the chiefs unless he was cut within the last week

Reports out of KC indicate Williams is having a very good camp. He had some very favorable things to say about the coaching staff and Andy Reid in particular.
Originally posted by dj43:
Yeah, but next year a new crop of RB's younger, stronger, maybe faster. It an uphill battle and the odds aren't great. Sydney rice and Eric Wright retired because of injuries and camp competition. Kyle and Braylon are out of the nfl. It's a brutal sport.

Reports out of KC indicate Williams is having a very good camp. He had some very favorable things to say about the coaching staff and Andy Reid in particular.

f**k him
  • kray28
  • Veteran
What happens to his salary after being waived? I'm not worried about another team claiming him, even if he comes back and goes on our IR...what do we pay him?

At the very least, I'm hoping he was insured for the amount of his contract.
Originally posted by kray28:
What happens to his salary after being waived? I'm not worried about another team claiming him, even if he comes back and goes on our IR...what do we pay him?

At the very least, I'm hoping he was insured for the amount of his contract.

Pretty sure we pay his full salary if he's back on our I.R.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Aug 4, 2014 at 6:28 PM ]
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:
If they claimed him they would have to cut a healthy member of their 90 man roster to make room. Most teams wont do that especially going into the 1st preseason week, when everyone needs extra bodies.

90 man roster loaded with talent right? C'mon. There's plenty of fodder there. They can make room for a proven contributor for the 5 minutes it will take to waive Kendall, then put him on their IR.
Originally posted by natrone06:
Non-Vested Veterans (players with less than 4 years of service time) must pass through Injury Waivers (officially designated as �128;œWaived-Injured�128;) before being place in Injured Reserve (IR). Vested Veterans (those with 4+ years of service time) do not have to pass through Injury Waivers and can be placed directly on Injured Reserve (IR).

What did we do 2 years ago with the Achilles? I don't remember us waiving him.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
What did we do 2 years ago with the Achilles? I don't remember us waiving him.

We didn't because he was still under contract for 2 more years.

Williams sucks and he still playing with a qb afraid to throw to his wrs. I'm sure he plays like Jerry Rice in preseason though.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Williams sucks and he still playing with a qb afraid to throw to his wrs. I'm sure he plays like Jerry Rice in preseason though.

Williams always looked good in TC. His problem isn't practice, it's the games. Games are kind of important, and he's proven to be one of the more clumsy players I've seen.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by nflguy49:

Williams always looked good in TC. His problem isn't practice, it's the games. Games are kind of important, and he's proven to be one of the more clumsy players I've seen.
he is not a niner and has nothing to do with hunter. hope kendall heals up and it would be nice to see him back in our uniform next year
expiring contract so i disagree with shefty

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 48s
49ers signed RB Glenn Winston to 3-year deal. To make room on roster, SF has waived/injured RB Kendall Hunter. Gamble.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:

Different system, different QB. Although G-ro and Fat Andy are almost the same weight.
Share 49ersWebzone