There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lavelle Hawkins expected to work out for 49ers

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Hawkins will work out for the 49ers this week. Hawkins was released by the Patriots on Tuesday, a couple of months after the team signed him as a free agent. Hawkins, a 2008 fifth-round pick, spent the first five years of his career with the Titans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/02/lavelle-hawkins-expected-to-work-out-for-49ers/
Anybody ever heard of this guy before today?
meh... Just a sign of how depleted our WR corp is... We're looking for anything and anyone at this point. Gotta hope Manningham and Williams bet back soon.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:

Cal Bear
Went to edison high school stockton
I liked him coming out of the draft

I read an article on Niner Nation that said Hawkins played opposite Desean Jackson at Cal.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I read an article on Niner Nation that said Hawkins played opposite Desean Jackson at Cal.

That's accurate.
He can jump
I'd like to see us sign a couple of these guys (Collie, Hawkins, Robinson). If Collie and Robinson are healthy, they are starting caliber receivers. Fortunately for us, we don't need them to last a whole season. Just until Manningham is 100%.
knew him in highschool in stockton when we played edison. he was a huge douchebag but he was fast as f**k
Hawkins can catch. He had nobody to throw to him for the last few years.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
i aint even excited
Makes sense. The Hawk nickname is available.

Half the draft board the year he came out thought he was better then Desean Jackson.
[ Edited by natrone06 on Aug 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM ]